• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Funny thing is, Miz shows up at some shitty media show/event and wrestling news sites report it like it was amazing.....

So dumb.

XenoRaven

What are the chances the reason we're not seeing Brodus has nothing to do with his in ring ability but due to him botching the pants rip spot during his entrance?

Alternate:

What are the chances the reason we're not seeing Brodus has nothing to do with his in ring ability but simply because they ran out of colors for his jumpsuit?

Ryck

I remember a few years back when Foley left the WWE after being on commentary for a bit, he said that Vince would be yelling on the headset for Foley to say his scripted lines. He would growl in that typical Vince style and say something like "SAYYYYY IT DAMMMMMN IT". I imagine him doing that during Clay's last match as well.

RIP: Funkasaurus.

I live 15 min from Met Life stadium! I still hope they go to the Garden for wm30 though...That would be 3 straight manias for me... Jersey has disgusting weather in march/april though.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
seeeeeeeee I told you Punk was overrated. He's not fighting "the man" so nobody cares. Yeah it's not his fault, but he's really not doing anything to help. That best wrestler in the world crap doesn't work when people are brainwashed into thinking the talent aren't wrestlers but sports entertainers.

He needs a new thing to latch on to. The crowd has opened their eyes and see that catch as catch can wrestling is boring on tv and better for house shows...errrr LIVE EVENTS that people pay $50 to be entertained with WRESTLING.

WCW put great wrestling on it's tv and look where that got em.

Is he on drugs? I doubt it.

Is he no longer that driven by wrestling? Maybe.

Seriously, I haven't seen a guy regress like this in a long time--in the ring, on the mic, everywhere... He was slow as fuck with no impact at all on Monday.

The only time he seems to bring it is on the talk shows. That makes me think maybe he just doesn't want to be a wrestler anymore.

New #DemBoys Promo: Terry Funk ain't wear no mouthpiece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELOn2amIn_w

That was awesome, as usual, loved it when the gun went off. Briscoes and Steen are seriously the best promo guys in ROH at present.

Also, they're bringing back BJ Whitmer? I might be in the minority, but I'm pretty excited by the prospect - BJ was always one of the more underrated ROH wrestlers imo, even if he did have the personality and charisma of a brick wall.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Is he on drugs? I doubt it.

Is he no longer that driven by wrestling? Maybe.

Seriously, I haven't seen a guy regress like this in a long time--in the ring, on the mic, everywhere... He was slow as fuck with no impact at all on Monday.

The only time he seems to bring it is on the talk shows. That makes me think maybe he just doesn't want to be a wrestler anymore.
He's probably burning out. He spent so much time over the past few years doing everything for the WWE by appearing on every damn thing you could ask for. He's probably also frustrated by where he is, considering he was main eventing WM last year. He just needs a break.

Kaladin

For anyone else interested in the current state of Mania tickets:

MUFcR.jpg

Ticketmaster is near gone. They just added sections 7 and 49 near the ramp. The Facebook flag is where I am sitting. :)

There are still 8,000 + tickets left on stubhub.

somedevil

Here is the top merchandise sellers in the WWE:

CM Punk and John Cena "are neck-and-neck" as the top merchandise sellers in WWE. Punk, however, is ahead in the adult male demographic. Zack Ryder is also among the company's top merchandise sellers.

Also anyone watching Ring Ka King because it had another insane Scott Steiner promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4AadleQBKU#t=19m07s

Plus the Bollywood Boys have a hilarious theme and entrance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMyeZIoCjjc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

krae_man

MUFcR.jpg

Ticketmaster is near gone. They just added sections 7 and 49 near the ramp. The Facebook flag is where I am sitting. :)

There still could be tons more left. Sections 406-450 weren't opened up till two weeks ago.

Edit: Risers 49 and 7 are brand new as well. I still have no idea why Risers 45 and 46 are $492. That makes absolutely no sense.

Credo

Vince could bring back Brodus for one last appearance before FE'ing him, a la John Morrison. Wait until Mark Henry is fully healthy again and then have Brodus bump into him and starts chatting him up with all the nonsense jive talk, which pisses Henry off. Then, set up the match for later based on that confrontation. Have the match go like a normal Brodus squash match until it comes time for Brodus's finisher, and then have Henry catch him during the cross-body and deliver a World's Strongest Slam. Brodus goes from squasher to squashed in one match and then disappears forever.

atomsk

Party Pooper
It's entirely possible to have freak snowstorms in April here in NJ, the fact that they're willing to take that chance is kind of amazing.

I'll probably go

rvd2kewl

MUFcR.jpg

I'm expecting the ringside tickets to FINALLY be opened up in the next 2-3 weeks. No way they're sold out when only 218 ringside tickets are listed on Stubhub because I know a good percentage of those tickets are brokers selling seats they don't even have yet.

somedevil

Ratings Breakdown for Raw:

The February 13, 2012 episode of the Raw SuperShow averaged 4.14 million viewers for a 3.01 cable rating. The prior week's show garnered a 3.25 cable rating and averaged 4.62 million viewers.

In the segment-by-segment breakdown, the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber Debate that kicked off Raw drew a 2.93 rating. From there, Chris Jericho's match against Kofi Kingston lost 49,000 viewers. Backstage segments with John Cena, Zack Ryder, John Laurinaitis and David Otunga lost 24,000 viewers. Randy Orton taking on Big Show gained 93,000 viewers.

The advertised return of Shawn Michaels, with an appearance by Triple H, gained 822,000 viewers for a 3.56 quarter hour rating. The subsequent Dolph Ziggler vs. R-Truth match lost 621,000 viewers. Tamina Snuka's victory over Brie Bella and the angle where John Cena kissed Eve in front of Zack Ryder lost 320,000 additional viewers.

The low point of the show was the advertised main event as WWE Champion CM Punk's match against The Miz lost 139,000 additional viewers to draw a 2.77 quarter hour rating. The overrun with Cena, Ryder and Kane gained 505,000 viewers for a 3.14.

Once again Triple H=Ratings

HHH gained alot of viewers, because he put himself in the top of the hour segment, which always gains viewers. Anything would gain in that quarter hour.

RBH

The low point of the show was the advertised main event as WWE Champion CM Punk's match against The Miz lost 139,000 additional viewers to draw a 2.77 quarter hour rating.
Yikes.

omimasum

Neo Member
I was watching the latest botchmania and there's a bit where brodus calls william regal a fucking chicken on smackdown. Vince probably got pissed and thats why the fat fuck is not on tv

I'm expecting the ringside tickets to FINALLY be opened up in the next 2-3 weeks. No way they're sold out when only 218 ringside tickets are listed on Stubhub because I know a good percentage of those tickets are brokers selling seats they don't even have yet.

A ton of Mania ringside is tied up in travel packages. Lots of international people make an annual trip out of it. I actually don't expect a lot of those on the resale market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom