• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Impact spoilers for 2/23

February 23rd IMPACT Episode
-Bobby Roode comes out for a promo. He talks up last week's beatdown of Sting and says that Sting has quit. Roode puts over ending Sting's career as a lifetime achievement.

-Samoa Joe and Magnus defeated Matt Morgan and Crimson after Crimson accidentally hit Morgan leading to Joe and Magnus hitting their finisher. Crimson walked out on Morgan afterwards.

-Zema Ion defeated Alex Shelley after using hair spray and hitting his finisher. Austin Aries was ringside watching and eating popcorn.

-Gail Kim defeated ODB with the Eat Defeat. Madison Rayne was ringside during the match and tried to celebrate with Kim afterwards.

-AJ Styles defeated Robbie E in a TV Title match by DQ. AJ was about to hit one of his flying moves when Kazarian and Christopher Daniels came out. Kazarian put his hands on AJ which resulted in him winning by DQ but not winning the title.

-Sting comes out preparing to retire. He is acting all sad when Bobby Roode interrupts. Roode said he had to be here for that and trash talks to Sting. Sting gets all pumped up, starts putting on his facepaint and said that Roode lit a fire under him and that at Victory Road they would fight. Roode went to cheap shot Sting but Sting saw it coming and hit Roode with a low blow of his own.

There will probably be more detailed spoilers up later.

Dear Pro Wrestling Companies;

You do not build a tag team division by having a team break up as soon as they loose the titles after their very first run. They have to start over and try again. It's how you get teams over and/or build heat on them. Why don't we try that for a change?

Dear Pro Wrestling Companies;

You do not build a tag team division by having a team break up as soon as they loose the titles after their very first run. They have to start over and try again. It's how you get teams over and/or build heat on them. Why don't we try that for a change?

They were feuding before they won the titles. They should have never won them honestly, but they only did to further their singles feud.

lol@3.0. Terrible rating for a terrible show from a terrible company.

:lol

But but but but but the show was amazing and hilarious and so bad it's good. It was just like the Attitude Era. Kept me on the edge of my seat and Kane being given the cue to start acting was amazing.

RBH

The 2/13 edition of Raw did a 3.0 rating, with 4,118,000 viewers. The show did hours of 2.91 and 3.09.

Yikes. I think this may be the lowest February rating for Raw in years. I don't ever remember the ratings getting this low around Wrestlemania time.

RBH

Randy Orton was injured last night in his match with Big Show. No details are available but it appears he will be out of Sunday's PPV and replaced by Mark Henry, who is being called back early due to depth issues.

ZeroRay

:lol

But but but but but the show was amazing and hilarious and so bad it's good. It was just like the Attitude Era. Kept me on the edge of my seat and Kane being given the cue to start acting was amazing.

Hey, I was laughing at how terrible it was. Like when the set collapsed and killed Vince a few years ago.

Fintan

Could they not put someone other than Mark Henry in? He seems to have been working injured for a long time now. HUNICO!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Cena never gets injured and he never takes time off.
He had a torn pectoral back in 2007.

During a match with Mr. Kennedy on the October 1, 2007 episode of Raw, Cena suffered a legitimate torn pectoral muscle while executing a hip toss.[98] Though finishing the match and taking part in the scripted attack by Randy Orton after the match, surgery the following day found that his pectoralis major muscle was torn completely from the bone, estimating at the time to require seven months to a year of rehabilitation.[99][100] As a result, Cena was stripped of the title in an announcement by Vince McMahon on the next night's episode of ECW,[101] ending what was the longest WWE Championship reign in over 19 years.[102]

somedevil

Might have tweaked his back during the whole ropes ddt, botched rko etc

Yeah he seem to get up slow after the second RKO he delivered to the big show and then the belt shot didn't help it either. Could be back or a concussion because he has had those before.

rvd2kewl

I was convinced Orton was winning the WHC in the Chamber. Hate to see the guy hurt because I really enjoy his work, but hopefully this increases the chances of Daniel Bryan going into Mania with the title.

Striker

Could they not put someone other than Mark Henry in? He seems to have been working injured for a long time now. HUNICO!

Mark also wanted to wrestle before, because he knows that spot isn't going to stay warm for him once he returns. He may lose it. But for somebody like Randy, he can get go into a feud with Wade Barrett, get injured, and come back and be instantly inserted into the World Title scene. That is Orton's standard and why guys like him get time off and not have to worry about anything, but Henry works injured because he'll lose his.

Poor Henry, two injuries and he still gets called back. Orton seemed fine for the whole match, when could he have been injured?

I think I recall Orton having some issues with his hand during the match on Raw, but I was tuning in and out during the match. I was only paying attention near the end and during the botch.

zychi

Banned
Why is it that everytime someone, including Orton, gets injured, Orton seems to throw a hissy fit in the ring when it happens. Every. Single. Time.

Why is it that everytime someone, including Orton, gets injured, Orton seems to throw a hissy fit in the ring when it happens. Every. Single. Time.

I don't recall a hissy fit yesterday or when he got injured doing his viper thang against Edge. But can you blame him - or anyone, rather - for getting upset at an injury?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
People are actually badmouthing RAW's rating? The rating is usually a statement of what went on the previous week. This upcoming rating should be a better indicator of how this show did.

The only thing I heard yesterday was the loud audible FUCK Big Show said after he botched the spot. He was supposed to push Orton off, attempt a chokeslam and get rko'd out of chokeslam position, but instead he just fell down.

rvd2kewl

People are actually badmouthing RAW's rating? The rating is usually a statement of what went on the previous week. This upcoming rating should be a better indicator of how this show did.

Typically is the case, except for when guys like Shawn Michaels are advertised well in advance to pop a rating and it doesn't happen.

Do you think Stinger is going to do the honors and pass the torch to Bob Rude?

Personally I hope they bring in nWo Sting, knock out the real one in the back, and then have Roode give the fake Sting the finger point of doom in the ring for the pin, making Tenay go, DAMNIT NOT LIKE THIS in his whiney exasperated voice and having everyone think Sting turned heel and gave up his career to help Roode. Roode with the fake Sting as his enforcer run dominant over the TNA roster for a few months. The real Sting disappears and goes emo again and then reappears in a few months to claim his vengeance and possibly cutting his hair to get it. Sting wins the world title from Roode at 53, making him the oldest world champion ever and ending another great year in 2012 for TNA.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Typically is the case, except for when guys like Shawn Michaels are advertised well in advance to pop a rating and it doesn't happen.
Well in advance? It was one week, and people don't know what segment he's going to be on. HBK should have started the show, not a "debate" that probably had a lot of people changing the channel before giving it a chance.

rvd2kewl

Well in advance? It was one week, and people don't know what segment he's going to be on. HBK should have started the show, not a "debate" that probably had a lot of people changing the channel before giving it a chance.

One week is plenty when you're only trying to go from a 3.0 to 3.3. Especially when they were plugging the hell out of it on their programming, WWE.com, Facebook, and Twitter.

Anyways, Orton is out with a concussion: http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-02-13/orton-suffers-concussion

That's how many concussions now for Orton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom