• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Game to be announced next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
When the Zoroark silhouette was revealed, didn't Corocoro have their own reveal very shortly after? Same with the B/W starters, I think.

Breaking news comes both from this show and Corocoro, and they do sometimes reveal the same thing.

IIRC, Masuda showed the silhouette first, then fully revealed Zoroark at a later time. The difference here, though, is that Keldeo has already been revealed in CoroCoro, and will get a fully detailed reveal in the next issue.

I guess we just have to wait and see..

Wish they would announce the game with a trailer. Getting annoyed with these small teases. Remember when Pokemon Sunday showed 5 secs of gameplay? -_-

I sat through an hour of Japanese television for that Zoroark reveal, and I'm not sure I could subject myself to that again.

...Not even for the potential Pokemon Grey reveal.

DarkWish

If we do get a silhouette, it'll likely be a new forme for Kyurem. Which would thus be a confirmation of a "Pokemon Grey" or whatever it'll be called. So either way, I'm expecting a game announcement.

Nilaul

You know what I thought of... The revival of Pokemon Trading Card Game.

Cards would be scanned by the 3DS, and there would be a virtual battle going on in your 3ds screen.

Cards would still need to be brought in packs.

Snakeyes

A bit OT, but what does the Japanese Pokemon demographic look like and how does it compare to that of the other big series like DQ and MH?

udivision

Cards would be scanned by the 3DS, and there would be a virtual battle going on in your 3ds screen.

Why do people keep bringng up a Pokemon TCG? That's old hat. The shock of new one is gone. You should be saying Pokemon Snap or something.

Takao

Banned
are you guys going to watch metal fight beyblade 4d afterwards i am

They'd have to redesign the card game again because the 3DS likely wouldn't be able to do image recognition of the card. It would be like the eReader era.

Emitan

They'd have to redesign the card game again because the 3DS likely wouldn't be able to do image recognition of the card. It would be like the eReader era.

Beyblade is the dumbest thing ever.

Only good that's ever come from it is the GAF thread.

udivision

I watched an episode of BeyBlade: Metal Fusion on Cartoon Network. It was the most amusing show I have ever seen in the worst sense. The main character's voice... wow. I had flashbacks to yugioh because of how many times he said "Pegasus."

So will someone post a stream when the show goes live or can it be watched from the link in the OP? (the tv tokyo one)
Also why does the guy at that link have a hitler stache

Kyzer

Banned
Why do people keep bringng up a Pokemon TCG? That's old hat. The shock of new one is gone. You should be saying Pokemon Snap or something.

Well first of all, they still havent released a game since Nintendo took control of the card game. Second of all, they released a free online version of it...proving theyre willing to make that sacrifice if its worth the mindshare/profit boost. Third, they released a TCG tutorial for DS in Japan, meaning they already have a whole engine set up, and nothing to do with it. Nintendo doesnt do anything for nothing.

Neiteio

Don't watch the shitty show. Just stayed tuned to GAF and they'll post YouTube links of whatever's important.

So, when's the show?

survivor

Banned
So will someone post a stream when the show goes live or can it be watched from the link in the OP? (the tv tokyo one)
Also why does the guy at that link have a hitler stache

You can download keyhole TV and watch it if you care that much. I think it's better to just wait cause if there is something important, a youtube clip will be up 10 mins later

Nilaul

Yep, but I was thinking that part of the image could feature the AR sign. The 3ds would recognise the AR sign in the corner and then the cards border, projecting an virtual monster on the whole card.

3DS would then be able to connect wirelessly to each-other, and people would select attacks and everything else.

udivision

Well first of all, they still havent released a game since Nintendo took control of the card game. Second of all, they released a free online version of it...proving theyre willing to make that sacrifice if its worth the mindshare/profit boost. Third, they released a TCG tutorial for DS in Japan, meaning they already have a whole engine set up, and nothing to do with it. Nintendo doesnt do anything for nothing.

And I'm saying once this gets off the ground, the potential Pokemon TCG 3DS will be less of a big deal. This is the game we've been waiting for. It may not hte the PTCG we need, but it's the one we deserve.

Keyouta

I'll say it'll be Grey for 3DS.

After Grey will be the Ruby/Sapphire remakes using a new engine.

Then, of course, Gen VI.

Takao

Banned
Uh oh. I can understand Medabots, but Beyblade?!

—Kidding, but it's not like the Pokemon anime was any good ever.

Beyblade anime is much better than Pokemon anime. But it would be hard to be worse than the Pokemon anime.

My username actually came from the fact that the first thread I ever read on GAF was brandonk's Beyblade thread. I went with a vague reference to the series.

frostbyte

Uh oh. I can understand Medabots, but Beyblade?!

—Kidding, but it's not like the Pokemon anime was any good ever.

What? The first season of Pokemon was great. After that, it was just pure milkage and suckage.

Beyblade's just crap though. Medabots is pretty good though.

Why am I still having these conversations a decade after primary school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom