• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Game to be announced next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Beyblade anime is much better than Pokemon anime. But it would be hard to be worse than the Pokemon anime.

My username actually came from the fact that the first thread I ever read on GAF was brandonk's Beyblade thread. I went with a vague reference to the series.

That's not saying much lol

Beyblade anime is much better than Pokemon anime. But it would be hard to be worse than the Pokemon anime.

My username actually came from the fact that the first thread I ever read on GAF was brandonk's Beyblade thread. I went with a vague reference to the series.
Oh god no. The Pokemon anime is definitely not as good as Beyblade or Medabots. But I have low expectations for all of these 90s children's anime productions for reasons.

I'd tune in, but I'm technically-amputated right now, being forced to use an iPad.

Boney

Banned
takao you should name the pros for the beyblade anime while wiseblade names the pros for the pokemon anime and there should be a deathmatch or something

Takao

Banned
takao you should name the pros for the beyblade anime while wiseblade names the pros for the pokemon anime and there should be a deathmatch or something

Pros:
- It ends
- Characters aren't static
- Lead characters actually get better/cooler looking Beyblades as time goes on
- It ends

beje

Banned
Meh, nothing better than Digimon anime. Well, at least the first two seasons, didn't have the chance to see anything beyond that. At least characters were not one-dimensional and the story is fully fledged, not just made up of a rinse-and-repeat formula for every single chapter.

Besides, the whole concept of 10 year olds journeing by themselves with the only company of monsters that can destroy a whole town and not attending school is ridiculous as hell. Well, yeah, anime. But still...

salromano

Meh, nothing better than Digimon anime. Well, at least the first two seasons, didn't have the chance to see anything beyond that. At least characters were not one-dimensional and the story is fully fledged, not just made up of a rinse-and-repeat formula for every single chapter.

Watch season three. It's well on par - probably better - than seasons two and one. Anything beyond season three is not worth watching. You'll enjoy season three, though. Promise.

Sora_N

2012_02_24_haul.jpg

Just that.

Anth0ny

Pokemon anime is fun if you stop watching after the first Indigo Plateau and just pretend it ends there. From there, Ash's character development (and Pokemon levels) basically resets. That's pretty lame, and even 10 year old me got sick of the show at that point.

Gravijah

Pokemon anime is fun if you stop watching after the first Indigo Plateau and just pretend it ends there. From there, Ash's character development (and Pokemon levels) basically resets. That's pretty lame, and even 10 year old me got sick of the show at that point.

it's still bad before then, i can barely rewatch the early episodes at this point.

Takao

Banned
medabots anime is pretty good in that it's well balanced between the fun and seriousness

medabots damashii is the spawn of satan

and not mr. satan

because videl is cute if like drawings are your thing

frostbyte

it's still bad before then, i can barely rewatch the early episodes at this point.

why not? nostalgia + beer was good enough for me and my friend to relive the glorious moments of Pokemon Season 1. The american dub is especially hilarious.

Nothing could make me watch any of the later seasons though. Pure milkage and suckage.

Zebra

To be fair, the pokemon movies tend to be pretty enjoyable.

I watched the zoroark/celebi movie for free in some promotional tour they did for black and white, and the only thing I can remember was the adult villain throwing celebi.

It looked so god damned ridiculous, like a grown man throwing a puppy.

udivision

medabots anime is pretty good in that it's well balanced between the fun and seriousness

medabots damashii is the spawn of satan

and not mr. satan

because videl is cute if like drawings are your thing

I got halfway through the first episode of damashii before stopping.

So, apparently a cinema listing just revealed two new forms of Kyurem, one based on fire and the other based on lightning. Dunno if the scans rule prevents me from posting links, but...

IT BEGIIIIINS

I dunno, I thought the Orange League episodes were pretty entertaining. Not sure how they'd hold up now, though.

Mr. Fix

So, apparently a cinema listing just revealed two new forms of Kyurem, one based on fire and the other based on lightning. Dunno if the scans rule prevents me from posting links, but...

IT BEGIIIIINS

As long as it doesn't have that hunchback I'm content. I always hated that about it.

As long as it doesn't have that hunchback I'm content. I always hated that about it.

It doesn't, apparently. Both forms stand on two legs and resemble Reshiram and Zekrom, both of which keep a lot of Kyurem's features, respectively. They don't look bad at all, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom