• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

wonkyaddict

Neo Member
In for $200. Welcome back, Thumbs! Now I've just gotta decide what subject I'm gonna have you discuss on that progresscast( I've got it narrowed down to two choices already.)

Pitched in $5. I'd give more if I weren't saving up for a new PC and hadn't just given $30 to Double Fine for their Kickstarter, but oh well. Glad to see these guys doing what I hoped they'd do after I heard about their job situation. I was bummed when they stopped podcasting (both times).

Jharp

Words can't express my excitement and happiness at the greatest podcast ever coming back. But this banner can:
videogamesz.png

Hey, guys... hey... video games ^_^

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! I love me some Idle Thumbs!

I think I'll pledge $30... maybe $50 later today.

Spwn

Put in $50 (+$10 shipping), considering raising my pledge to $100.

I'm still thinking if I should give Double Fine my money. Idle Thumbs got it without hesitation.

Pledged $60 - stylin'

Really happy to finally get confirmation Idle Thumbs is returning to our ears. Will boost my morning commute no end.

Might even join in on the book club action, especially given the generous 'month' gap between discussions.

Color me interested, I remembered really digging these guys when I leaped in 3/4th of the show's lifespan. Never went back to listen to the prior episodes, maybe I should? Anyway, I'll be sure to spread the word and perhaps donate a little cash if I can spare the funds.

The book version of Idle Thumbs really intrigued my interest. Might assist me to invest in some more fun reading instead of mandatory reading for school.

Jintor

Color me interested, I remembered really digging these guys when I leaped in 3/4th of the show's lifespan. Never went back to listen to the prior episodes, maybe I should? Anyway, I'll be sure to spread the word and perhaps donate a little cash if I can spare the funds.

The book version of Idle Thumbs really intrigued my interest. Might assist me to invest in some more fun reading instead of mandatory reading for school.

For a second there I thought you meant that they'd written an Idle Thumbs book and my heart leapt out of my chest.

In for 50$ without blinking. The amount of entertainment I have already got for free from these guys iwoo credible. To help fund their return and a fucking book club cast!? Hell yes!

So excited.

LCfiner

yes, you definitely should. I gave those older episodes a shot a while ago and they hooked me so bad, I blasted through the backlog in a week.

And then i got a friend of mine who has never really been into podcasts (except for GFW) to do the same.

The archive is awesome and essential.

strem

With the extra money we expect you guys to recreate the scene in Boogie nights where they try and rob the coke dealer. Just change Sister Christian to Space Asshole

Futureman

They will probably double the goal by the end of the day.

Interesting thought-question...

do you guys think if their initial goal was more modest ($5-10k), like a lot of people said on the first few pages, would they be at $47,000 right now?

Corto

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!

What a great way to end an hectic day at work! Blue balls explosion gallore. Man juice everywhere. 50 puffins kicked to start. That is all.

I'm not surprised this got funded so quickly. The quality of the reader mail in comparison to other podcasts should give you some idea of how awesome Idle Thumbs readers are.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Gaaaaaaah someone fix the title, it was 2 hours and not 3 thankverymuch nyyaahh*read this in your best Chris nerd voice*

Type2

Ill be donating around 50$ by the end of the week. I cant express how much I love this podcast and how many great laughs I got from it. Chris has a critique similar to my own of most games and they share such great stories about immersion that I really value as a want to be game designer. every phaedrus out there should donate something!

Corto

so how bout that kickstarter thing

I'm afraid that the success of Idle Thumbs podcast will overshadow other projects. Good thing that Double Fine has their goal already met... It would be a massacre otherwise.

Idle Thumbs crew should also arrange for simultaneous EFIGS translation with all the extra funding they got. That would be sweet. And a Linux version.

Barrett2

How quickly it was funded is a testament to the incredible quality of the show. Very excited to have it back.

*Remo knee-deep in coke*

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
fuck this, the title is making my OCD flare up....

good night thumbs, congrats again

I love you.

Gloam

Donated. Can't wait to have Idle Thumbs back in my life. I've missed those guys and wish them every success. Follow your dreams, vigi, vigi, vigi!

Fjordson

Wow. I wake up and all of this has happened in just a few hours. Guess I'm a bit late, but I'm in for the "Perea" package.

So excited Idle Thumbs is coming back. Easily one of the greatest podcasts of all time. And they're also doing a book club show? Fantastic news all around.

Edit: Also glad to see Hot Scoops will be a recurring guest. Wouldn't be the same without him.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
I think they had a pretty good timing going with the Kickstarter start time because they've got quite a couple of Euro fans. Not sure if intentional, but gold get.

V_Ben

Banned
GUYS, THE FIRST PROGRESSCAST IS UP!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idlethumbs/idle-thumbs-video-game-podcast/posts

Thanks so much for helping us cast pods into faces--we have big plans for the podcast and for the site. This is the first of what will hopefully be numerous short podblasts we release over the course of this campaign as we get Idle Thumbs back up and running.

(We recorded this before the Kickstarter campaign went public, so we didn't expect it to already be funded by the time this update went up! You guys are the best! Thank you!)

(Backers only)

Top Bottom