• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mech Warrior Online Screenshots

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems we finally have some good quality screenshots of the game.

The game is free 2 play, releases this Summer, and runs on CryEngine 3.

Source: http://www.ign.com/images/games/mechwarrior-online-pc-18954/3611401

mechwarrior-online-20120307075732518.jpg

mechwarrior-online-20120307075723861.jpg

mechwarrior-online-20120307075735243.jpg

mechwarrior-online-20120307075715077.jpg

mechwarrior-online-20120307075720681.jpg

mechwarrior-online-20120307075717998.jpg

mechwarrior-online-20120307075726720.jpg

mechwarrior-online-20120307075729857.jpg

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
MechCommander 3 on CryEngine 3 gogogogo

Can't wait to check this out though.

It's a virtual HUD for the pilot. Moves around and stuff to simulate helmet / head movement inside the cockpit.

The targeting I'm fine with, but the ammo, direction indicators and stuff that overlay on parts of the mech console are really obtrusive, they should either rework those systems into the console or come up with a more interesting way to indicate to the player about these conditions.

The targeting I'm fine with, but the ammo, direction indicators and stuff that overlay on parts of the mech console are really obtrusive, they should either rework those systems into the console or come up with a more interesting way to indicate to the player about these conditions.
I think it works more than fine. You won't be too terribly compromised by camera movement in the cockpit (I hope), and it should ideally be in sight most of the time anyhow. Much more interesting than a basic overlay HUD.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yikes...I can see myself losing countless hours to this if it's good. Haven't really played anything MW related since Vengeance (which was totally casualized, now MW2:Mercs..that was a gem)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yikes...I can see myself losing countless hours to this if it's good. Haven't really played anything MW related since Vengeance (which was totally casualized, now MW2:Mercs..that was a gem)

Mw4 Mercs was pretty good. Still more arcadey but was still plenty of good fun.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Mw4 Mercs was pretty good. Still more arcadey but was still plenty of good fun.

Never played MW4 Mercs actually. Maybe I should look it up, been a while since I played 4 in general so maybe my nostalgia for 2 has just clouded my opinion of 4.

Looks kinda shitty compared to Hawken... but I have no idea about Mech games.

From what I understand, Hawken is very much a more stylized, action-oriented mech game. Mech Warrior has always been more of a simulation.

At least, from my understanding. I was too young and/or my comp was too shitty to play the games back in the day. The AWESOME manuals, with illustrations, timelines, and full histories, always captured my imagination, though.

Lime

I have been waiting 9 years for this.

I fucking love the Hunchback shots. Really hope this is a financial success, so we will see more 'Mechs and maps as time goes on (plus Clan mechs!)

Kyaw

From what I understand, Hawken is very much a more stylized, action-oriented mech game. Mech Warrior has always been more of a simulation.

At least, from my understanding. I was too young and/or my comp was too shitty to play the games back in the day. The AWESOME manuals, with illustrations, timelines, and full histories, always captured my imagination, though.

Got it. :)

K.Jack

I have been waiting 9 years for this.

I fucking love the Hunchback shots. Really hope this is a financial success, so we will see more 'Mechs and maps as time goes on (plus Clan mechs!)

The style and detail on that Hunchback really is something incredible.

Just pray they don't microtransaction this. I see it now.....

Timber Wolf Mark II - $15 trolololol

Divvy

I don't think I even care about microtransactions with this. That's how desperate I am for a new Mechwarrior.

Lime

I don't think I even care about microtransactions with this. That's how desperate I am for a new Mechwarrior.

Exactly my point of view. I am willing to do anything to sustain the viability of the Battletech IP. I'll even eat a stick of RAM.

K.Jack

Oh trust me, I grew up playing the board game. They can charge me whatever they want, if this is my last chance to revive Battletech.

As long as I don't have to buy ammo.

glaurung

It looks beautiful.

I will need to keep the fuck away from online play though, these hardcore bastards will eat me alive.

Darklord

Banned

I'm seriously considering buying a new stick for this game. My old Microsoft sidewinder 2 I used for MW4 doesn't seem to work with Vista. :(

Solid07

Banned
HAHA nice. This will make my 40" HDTV computer monitor purchase all worth it after SWTOR's failure. I have high expectations for this game even though it's F2P. I can't wait until it's out.

SparkTR

Here's some gifs from the other thread, credit goes to Plywood. It looks stunning.

ibx1xalabvNDV2.gif

iT7VQL4DLGO7J.gif

It looks beautiful.

I will need to keep the fuck away from online play though, these hardcore bastards will eat me alive.

I'm pretty sure this game is online only, hopefully there's bots or something for practice.

glaurung

I'm pretty sure this game is online only, hopefully there's bots or something for practice.
Yeah, that was said with a sad taste of irony.

I will probably need to cut down my ambition to the simplest of scout mechs, running around, spotting enemies, maybe some kind of support mechanics.

I also got the best OT subtitle already: Shoot it in the legs!

Wow, looks awesome in motion. I remember playing MechWarrior2 when I was about 10 and I only half way knew what I was doing. Really looking forward to this one.

kagete

Man I hope at least one flight stick maker creates a new stick just for this game. The current affordable selections out there are pretty slim. Any tidbits on forcefeedback joystick support for the game yet?

The lasers leaving trails of molten melt is worthy enough to fap to. All i need to see is a Death from Above kill or a really great missile volley fuck up some mechs.

A really hard co-op campaign would be awesome. Especially something Left 4 dead style where the bot spawns are random.

Divvy

Are there any signs that we'll get mission modes too? I would love some large scale multiplayer mission scenarios, either against bots or players.

Top Bottom