• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Teknoman

Wooow...this game is insanely intense on getting spicy. You've got to master when to dodge, charge, melee, aim, spin, power up @_@

syoaran

Killed my 3DS battery in one long play session this afternoon. Clearly, I'm loving it. I understand why there were control issues, as just after you get used to the control layout in chapter 3, chapter 5 makes things a little more complicated.

Still, this is a very very good game. Replaying a stage reminds you just how much is in each level and the gating/difficulty system is genius.

So far this is easily Nintendos best title on the platform

3D Classics Kid Icarus has been stuck on 0% download all day I wish I never selected download later :(

Just as I am trying to find a way to download it UPS knocked on my door

I guess this issue can wait I get to play KIU today after all XD

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Japanese V-Jump Mook is GLORIOUS - comes with 24 AR cards

#datart :

AorzoBtCEAAnnnZ.jpg

Aor0DzeCIAAZn4j.jpg

Aor0AcYCEAA9b2x.jpg

Aorz5RzCQAIi8EU.jpg

jtrov

Tell me, is there anyone out there waiting on UPS to deliver...
Let's share the pain :(

Me :(

Though I am usually one of the last stops on my drivers route. So I pretty much expect it to come late by now, but stay hopeful in being pleasantly surprised lol.

I just want to witness the craziness. I can't wait to finally get my hands on Uprising!

Trevelyan

Banned
Bought this on a whim today, even though I was scared about the control issues many people had reported. Just finished playing after about an hour, and yeah, what a crock of shit.

The complaints on the controls I mean. Everything felt very natural and second nature to me. Even went as far as putting the intensity to 7 on the 2nd level and still cleared it on my first go without much issue. Very intense, and damn, what a rush.

After 30 mins, I haven't even played the game. I'm just listening to the music and the
little animations that play for each option.

So good!

olimpia84

For the AR cards I got:

Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit (fuck yes!)
Dark Lord Gaol
Insight Staff
Stackjaw (boo, this seems to be the most common card >_>)

Teknoman

On those PMs I sent out...I probably should have posted my friend code there as well :p

Well either way, those I pm'd, if you add me just send a reply and i'll send my code too.

If MP plays like SP land battles, i'm not sure how it could be confusing. Hectic sure, but not confusing...unless there are specific objectives. Either way, this is the first time i've had to let my 3DS recharge from almost running completely out of energy. Going to bouncing back and forth between this and Revelations (hopefully raid mode too).

I got:

Pit
Palutena
Medusa
EZ Cannon
Monoeye
Twinbellows

daakusedo

There is a chained monster when you fall downstair in an early level.
Palutena tell you to not shoot him, I tried but there are poison and trap holes everywhere so dodging is hard. Did someone beat him?

Bullza2o

Staffs are easily my least favorite weapon. Insta convert to hearts.
Using a staff for the first time in a first time LightvDark game was the worst idea I've ever made...

Man this game's dialog is golden! I've never laughed so much while playing a game due to dialog.

syoaran

Staffs are easily my least favorite weapon. Insta convert to hearts.

See what you can fuse them together with. Some staffs have some great bonuses that can transition off to better weapons down the line.

Also, Heart-life bet fail. Getting my ass kicked now and loosing my hearts.

ryushe

Six words for the multiplayer:

An incredible orgy for the heavens!

This from someone who not only dislikes the Smash Bros. Series, but also dislikes any form of online interaction of any kind sans the Battlefield series.

I even beat a team of Japanese players on my first go. So yeah, I feel like a God now.

Azure J

See what you can fuse them together with. Some staffs have some great bonuses that can transition off to better weapons down the line.

Also, Heart-life bet fail. Getting my ass kicked now and loosing my hearts.

Thiiiiis. Holy shit, I didn't think I'd get so brutalized attempting the
Reaper's Lair
chapter with a 6+ difficulty setting. Worst part is it's usually the ground segments that pour on the difficulty for me.

On a related note, I can't help but crack this odd grin every time
I'm spotted and the Reaper theme kicks in. I love that tune so much. The dying theme though? Fuck that noise. :p

Teknoman

Six words for the multiplayer:

An incredible orgy for the heavens!

This from someone who not only dislikes the Smash Bros. Series, but also dislikes any form of online interaction of any kind sans the Battlefield series.

I even beat a team of Japanese players on my first go. So yeah, I feel like a God now.

If you like Kid Icarus MP, you should try other games that have different than normal online modes. Stuff like Armored Core, Monster Hunter, etc. Sure those games have nothing in common with KI, but they all offer different experiences than run of the mill stuff.

Ra1den

Cracked open my pack of cards.

--Pit
--Palutena
--Medusa
--Dark Lord gaol
--Violet Palm
--Milk

No idea which cards are rare.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So.... I went to Gamestop today to pick up my KI pre-order. I arrived at around 11:45 AM, but I didn't actually receive it until around 1:30 PM.

There were four of us waiting for the game. It seems the Gamestop worker who was working last night's shift didn't break down the stock. Well, we all stood there waiting while the the Gamestop worker was frantically breaking down everything and trying to find the KI stock. I felt sorry for the guy, because he wasn't even suppose to work today and got called in and now was handling all the flack and work that should of been taken care of by the previous worker. But it was pretty cool talking to some people in my town excited for KI and the 3DS in general. I also got a bunch of streetpasses which was a nice bonus!!

Anyways, just got done downloading KI classic, now off to playing the game!

XZnf9.jpg

Edit: Sorry for bad lighting and Cell-Phone pic, I'm kind of in a hurry to actually start playing lol. :p

Tyeforce

Did anyone else who preordered at Best Buy get their 3D Classics: Kid Icarus download code yet? The guy at my Best Buy didn't even know about it, but after calling someone else (who seemed just as clueless as he was), he said it would be sent to me via email, but I've yet to receive one... =/

Teknoman

So.... I went to Gamestop today to pick up my KI pre-order. I arrived at around 11:45 AM, but I didn't actually receive it until around 1:30 PM.

There were four of us waiting for the game. It seems the Gamestop worker who was working last night's shift didn't break down the stock. Well, we all stood there waiting while the the Gamestop worker was frantically breaking down everything and trying to find the KI stock. I felt sorry for the guy, because he wasn't even suppose to work today and got called in and now was handling all the flack and work that should of been taken care of by the previous worker. But it was pretty cool talking to some people in my town excited for KI and the 3DS in general. I also got a bunch of streetpasses which was a nice bonus!!

Anyways, just got done downloading KI classic, now off to playing the game!

XZnf9.jpg

Edit: Sorry for bad lighting and Cell-Phone pic, I'm kind of in a hurry to actually start playing lol. :p

Heh the messed up part for the guy is that we received the shipment with Kid Icarus on Tuesday, and our store isnt what you would call a Nintendo centric place...so that box must have been sitting there for a few days in their back room. I guess someone received them all, but never unpacked them, so there was no way he could look up the box number to just see which one had the games.

NeoRausch

yeha well, i have 30 cards so i'm not gonna list them all. but pit, dark pit, medusa, palutena and magnus were all in there.
many weapons, some items and enemys.
also there are some cards that, when you scan them poop out a cool 2D art (well in 3D but you know what i mean.) pretty funny

i'm still on the fence about ordering the cards from the club. i wait for news if they go for retail somewhere in europe.

Did anyone else who preordered at Best Buy get their 3D Classics: Kid Icarus download code yet? The guy at my Best Buy didn't even know about it, but after calling someone else (who seemed just as clueless as he was), he said it would be sent to me via email, but I've yet to receive one... =/

Good luck dude!

I had the same problem with them regarding my UMvC3 costume pack. I wouldn't count on that email actually showing up in your inbox.

branny

I just opened my game and investigated the different control schemes immediately. After trying things out for myself, I think the control issues have been blown out of proportion. At the very least, lefties shouldn't worry. Like, at all.

It's much easier for me to move Pit with the face buttons as a lefty than it is to try adapting to the righty default scheme. I feel like I need my dominant hand for touchscreen aiming. Anyway, being comfortable with face button movement also means that it feels natural to use the touchscreen-less circle pad aiming scheme, too.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the circle pad aiming scheme ends up being better in the long run, due to the way the camera is handled and how you have better access to the d-pad and L button. An unexpected benefit to both major face-button movement schemes is that you'll be attacking/shooting with R, something instantly familiar to shooter fans. This is important for lefties because it's one less thing to get used to.

This also highlights what many people have complained about--being able to use the CPP for dual stick play probably would've been an amazing control option. It's puzzling that we can't, but I don't feel like I need to.

I'm totally surprised that my biggest worry about the game has dissolved the second I started playing it. I have trouble using the nunchuck in my right hand for Wii games (I played S&P2 as a righty until the final stage, if that says anything), but the way Kid Icarus: Uprising feels completely negates that awkwardness for whatever reason. Maybe the digital nature of the buttons is easier to translate to movement, especially with double tap dashing? Maybe the way aiming interacts with Pit's movement offers more control?

Whatever the case, don't hesitate on this one if you're a lefty. It's totally fine for me. It's more than fine. Omg, I can't believe I have no control issues. Omg.

Teknoman

Heading into the store to download the 3D KI classic, and I get greeted with a previous downloaded titles have updates message? Was that in a recent update, because last time we had to manually check.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I can't decide if I want this game...I don't really know what kind of game it is. It's an on-rails style "shooter" or something, right?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I got

Pit
Palutena
Magnus
Dark Lord Gaol
Monoeye
First Blade

I got the boring set. :(

I've only played the first level in 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0. The ground controls were wonky at first but I'm slowly getting the hang of them. I do not like the stand though -I'm always moving when I'm playing action games, so all I do is lose my balance if I force myself to play with it.

Just got my copy. The inside box art is cool, and I'm glad NA isn't left out from getting that anymore.

My cards are Pit, Palutena, Twinbellows the Ferocious, Tiger Claws, and Stackjaw. Are my cards good?

Top Bottom