• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED announcing a new game?

I saw that XSEED posted this on their Twitter (@XSeedGames):
XSEED said:
TGIF! And because it's such a wonderful day, we might play a game today. A game about a game that might be a game for you. You game? :D

[Picto-Guess] I will be posting three clues today about a game. One in a few minutes, one after lunch, and a third at the end of the day.

It sounds like it might be a new game announcement. What could it be?

Clue 1:
UzOKf.jpg

Clue 2:
LiZLP.jpg

matmanx1

Hmm it's a T-Rex. Or at least a model of one. Certainly doesn't ring any bells with me. I like games though. I wonder what the game wil be?

Aeana

Dinosaurs are old.
Dinosaurs are archaic.
Turn-based RPGs are archaic.
Trails in the Sky is a turn-based RPG series.

Trails in the Sky SC to Steam!

frequency

With the relationship between XSeed and Falcom, unless this is what is being suggested (no way it would be that obvious), posting a picture of a dinosaur is an incredibly mean thing to do.

I demand that XSeed make up for this by releasing Zwei 2 Plus.

God please be the next TiTS.

Im like 1 chapter from max BP and would love a short wait to next one instead of just saving save for god knows when.

Aeana

With the relationship between XSeed and Falcom, unless this is what is being suggested (no way it would be that obvious), posting a picture of a dinosaur is an incredibly mean thing to do.I demand that XSeed make up for this by releasing Zwei 2 Plus.
Yeah, I think it's pretty funny, but I don't think the fact that Falcom has a PC game called Dinosaur would be lost on wyrdwad.

is it related to that Gon game?
Dinosaurs are old.
Dinosaurs are archaic.
Turn-based RPGs are archaic.
Trails in the Sky is a turn-based RPG series.

Trails in the Sky SC to Steam!
o_O
TitS on Steam would be ace!

Aeana

Question!How can a 2-3 man team, frequently churn out so many localizations?

They outsource translations to other people.
For the Ys games, in particular, they have licensed Deuce's work. And if this were Dinosaur Resurrection, I expect they would work with the group that was fan translating it before.

Foffy

Banned
Question!

How can a 2-3 man team, frequently churn out so many localizations?

Many of their localizations are taken from other sources. Much of their Falcom releases involve taking the fan translations, while games like Solatorobo and The Last Story are taking the work of Nintendo of Europe.

Grand Knights History was announced last September for US release....
http://www.1up.com/news/vanillaware-grand-knights-history-released-internationally-psp

But there's been nothing but rotten silence for a long, long time. It could well be a "re-announcement".

Question!

How can a 2-3 man team, frequently churn out so many localizations?

They do make fairly liberal use of freelance contractors. Deuce is practically staff at this point, what with all the Ys games he's provided scripts for, despite not being formally on the payroll.

As for what this could be, I... legitimately don't know. :x I know that XSEED has stuff they're working on that isn't announced (hell, they've said as much publicly) but there are any number of things they could decide to drop the bomb on. Also it sounds like they won't be letting fly today; we'll only get the hints.

Kinyou

Many of their localizations are taken from other sources. Much of their Falcom releases involve taking the fan translations, while games like Solatorobo and The Last Story are taking the work of Nintendo of Europe.
Haha, those fans, always translating stuff.

Top Bottom