• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Haunted
(04-25-2012, 03:29 PM)
Announced a couple days ago by Edmund McMillen on Twitter, but I haven't seen a thread about it yet.

Additional details:

Originally Posted by McMillen on Formspring

No, im not sure when the trailer will be finished actually. the initial goal was to release it today but shit piled up and ive had to push back the release of the game to late May. sadly i dont have many more updated other than that about it.

the expansion is much bigger than i had expected and im still working out details with steam about release as well as polishing and testing said expansion.

latest screens:

I'm hyped. I severely underestimated just how great this game is when it came out and rediscovered it earlier this year. My 2012's 2011 game of the year.
Tucah
you speak so well
(04-25-2012, 03:32 PM)
So hyped for more BoI.
Selkies!
(04-25-2012, 03:42 PM)
Surprise hit of last year for me. This is a good enough excuse to jump back in for another 12 hours. I never really got to mess around with the content the last big patch added. $3 is a steal, I'm going to end up getting like 3 hours per dollar I payed for this game.

I should really move my save file to my laptop. Cloud saves would be cool, Ed should add cloud saves.
Gravijah
(04-25-2012, 03:43 PM)
goty 2011 & goty 2012? excellent.
vitaminwateryum
corporate swill
(04-25-2012, 03:43 PM)
Be still my beating heart.
eravulgaris
(04-25-2012, 03:44 PM)
100 new items, holy shit.

This game was a surprise for me aswell, there are very few games who gave me that big of a challenge than this one. For $3 bucks, this was almost GOTY for me.
Last edited by eravulgaris; 04-25-2012 at 03:47 PM.
SparkTR
(04-25-2012, 03:45 PM)
My May is already too full. sign I'll prepare my wallet
chiablo
(04-25-2012, 03:45 PM)
Bah, now I want to get this working with my PC:

Kanik
Sonic handles my blue balls
(04-25-2012, 03:46 PM)
Expansion would be an instant buy if it came with native controller support. :-/
Haunted
(04-25-2012, 03:47 PM)
The price-content ratio for the original was already ridiculous and this is looking like an equally amazing proposition. I often wait for bundles for smaller games like this, but I'll be there for this one day 1.

I got so many hours out of that game thanks to the random generation and gradually unlocking items/enemies. Really well designed.
Dambrosi
(04-25-2012, 03:47 PM)
Damn, I'm nowhere near finished with vanilla Isaac, how will I deal with all this new hotness?

Great news, especially the price.
Kuga
(04-25-2012, 03:50 PM)

Originally Posted by chiablo

[IMG]controller[/IMG]

There are a few snes controller port to USB adapters floating around on the internet.
Orayn
(04-25-2012, 03:50 PM)

Originally Posted by IPoopStandingUp

Expansion would be an instant buy if it came with native controller support. :-/

It can't. BoI is Flash.
injurai
Banned
(04-25-2012, 03:52 PM)
This game makes me rage so hard. It has probably the worst difficulty curve of any game I have ever played. It will be piss easy for a good while, then BOOM a room with limited walking space and a shit ton of mobs. So much of your performance is based on the luck of the level randomization. Guess fan's of nethack like this, but I just can't fucking stand it. Maybe one day I will finally beat this neurotic game.
KarmaCow
(04-25-2012, 03:52 PM)
I will buy this.

The only thing that would make this better if it wasn't in flash. :(

And 32-person multiplayer.
animlboogy
(04-25-2012, 03:55 PM)

Maybe if he ports it to a completely different platform (VVVVVV did it, it could happen...?). As is, nope. Not going to happen. Use Joy2Key, Xpadder, whatever. It's not that big of a deal.

If it wasn't a flash game I'd be complaining. It just is how it is for this game.
Gravijah
(04-25-2012, 03:56 PM)

Originally Posted by chiablo

[IMG]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/058/2/c/SNES_Controller_by_The_Penciler.png[IMG]

it's a twinstick style shooter, using the snes pad would be less than ideal.
KarmaCow
(04-25-2012, 03:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Gravijah

Eh, it's 8-way move, 4-way shoot. I use the dpad and buttons with my 360 controller when playing.
Last edited by KarmaCow; 04-25-2012 at 04:01 PM.
erpg
GAF parliamentarian
(04-25-2012, 03:59 PM)
When Edmund says "A lot of extra shit" I take that quite literally.
Davidion
Rambunctious Rogue
yet
Regrets his Tag
(04-25-2012, 04:00 PM)
So good, SO GOOD.
Kanik
Sonic handles my blue balls
(04-25-2012, 04:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Orayn

It can't. BoI is Flash.

Woops, forgot that was the issue.

Now I remember my gripe. The inability to remap the keyboard keys. I hate it when I can't remap keys so that if I'm using a virtual-keyboard emulator with my controller I need to sit there and create a new profile to load up only when playing a particular game. I recall BoI not allowing you to remap the keys.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(04-25-2012, 04:01 PM)

Originally Posted by vitaminwateryum

Be still my beating heart.

That can be arranged joking of course you ape! :P

And I wonder what the word is on the potential PSN/Vita version.
TheOnlyMook
(04-25-2012, 04:02 PM)
Will buy. Loved this game
Joe Molotov
(04-25-2012, 04:03 PM)
BoI Keyboard Defense Force assemble!

Well, I'm here anyway.
Eusis
(04-25-2012, 04:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Orayn

It can't. BoI is Flash.

Hopefully this gets a VVVVVV-style rebuild eventually. Even if NOTHING is changed in the game it'll be worth it for the peace of mind with saves.
Haunted
(04-25-2012, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov

Well, I'm here anyway.

Playing it with a 360 controller literally changed the way I think about that game. It might only be 4-way shoot, but playing it twinstick just feels so right.

until you get that fucking chocolate drink powerup
Steeven
(04-25-2012, 04:05 PM)
Finally. Anyone else here a Golden God? Proof: http://steamcommunity.com/id/steeven...b=achievements

Yes yes I know, I don't have the Dark Boy achievement but still got the Golden God one. Ain't my fault =D
Last edited by Steeven; 04-25-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Haunted
(04-25-2012, 04:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Steeven

Finally. Anyone else here a Golden God? Proof: http://steamcommunity.com/id/steeven...b=achievements

Golden God is nice but 52/52 achievements is where it's at. Get working on that Dark Boy! :p

DarkSoul520
(04-25-2012, 04:09 PM)
Hell yes, can't wait for this. Now I just need to get all the original achievements to get myself ready.
Reluctant-Hero

Damn, this still isn't a supported feature? Fuck.
Easy_D
never left the stone age
Sweet! Love the shit out of Binding of Isaac. Also, port it to something other than Flash. It's kind of annoying with the slowdown whenever there are buttloads of bombs on screen (Hell even plenty of torches slows it down a bit)

Why? There are exactly the right amount of buttons and it worked just fine for Smash TV :p

You only shoot in 4 directions so using ABXY for shooting would work just fine :D
Last edited by Easy_D; 04-25-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Toppot
(04-25-2012, 04:18 PM)
Can't wait for this expansion! love the game so much, so fun, gonna get it on release for me and my friend and try and outdo each other for achievements etc. Only ones I have left at the moment are getting 4 items and doing caves, depth and womb without dying.
goodfella
(04-25-2012, 04:24 PM)
Such a great game it terms of pure fun.
Davidion
Rambunctious Rogue
yet
Regrets his Tag
(04-25-2012, 04:24 PM)

Well, I'm here anyway.

Hell yeah. Pad support is nice but far from necessary; I sure as hell wouldn't give up a keyboard to use it.
Volcynika
(04-25-2012, 04:25 PM)
Go keyboards!
Chairman Yang
if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
(04-25-2012, 04:33 PM)
I've played this $5 Flash game for 90 hours. It's so endlessly replayable, and the expansion's going to make it even more so.
JJD
(04-25-2012, 04:39 PM)
No word on the supposed Vita version? I hope Sony didn't turn then down...
Haunted
(04-25-2012, 04:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Volcynika

Go keyboards!

Originally Posted by Davidion

Hell yeah.

Glad I could trot that one out again. :p I'm joking, of course. The game plays fine either way.
red731
(04-25-2012, 04:43 PM)
YES. BEEN WAITING FOR A LONG TIME.

caps lock fck yeah - actualy, shift
Dog Problems
(04-25-2012, 04:44 PM)
Looking forward to going after all of those new items. Still haven't found every one from the base game.
Gravijah
(04-25-2012, 04:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Easy_D

Why? There are exactly the right amount of buttons and it worked just fine for Smash TV :p

You only shoot in 4 directions so using ABXY for shooting would work just fine :D

i dunno, i guess i just prefer keyboard for this game. mostly because it lets you have a finger on each key.
survivor
(04-25-2012, 04:48 PM)
Can't wait for the expansion. I still haven't found everything in the original game but I did beat the final boss like 3 times so I consider that beating the game.
-PXG-
-dry humper-
(04-25-2012, 04:49 PM)
I need this now.
Glass Rebel
(04-25-2012, 04:49 PM)
Yeah, I can see myself buying this.
Haunted
(04-25-2012, 04:53 PM)

Originally Posted by survivor

Can't wait for the expansion. I still haven't found everything in the original game but I did beat the final boss like 3 times so I consider that beating the game.

Yeah, if you're not going for 100% completion you've beaten "the main game" once you beat Sheol and Satan's three forms, imo.

The cool part about the unlock progression with BoI is that you don't only get new items, but also new enemies, new levels and new (and harder) bosses over time. That and the countless different item permutations helps keep every aspect of the game fresh on repeated playthroughs.
Last edited by Haunted; 04-25-2012 at 05:06 PM.
F#A#Oo
Banned
(04-25-2012, 04:57 PM)
I missed the steam sale a few months back... :(
marrec
(04-25-2012, 05:09 PM)
I put so much time in the Binding of Issac and now they're going to make me do more?!

AWESOME!
catfish
I have a foreskin yet I do not have AIDS
(04-25-2012, 05:12 PM)

joy2key makes it pretty much super easy. I think someone here even did the config file I forget who (sorry).

I use it and it works FLAWLESSLY. Xbox controller with this game, SO GOOD.

damn I put 76 hours in already.
Last edited by catfish; 04-25-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Maedhros
(04-25-2012, 05:13 PM)
I can't even undestand how people can play this game with a gamepad. Keyboard + Mouse is the way to go IMO.

Nice expansion. I'll get. The Halloween patch was freaking amazing. This sounds even better.
Easy_D
never left the stone age
(04-25-2012, 05:14 PM)

i dunno, i guess i just prefer keyboard for this game. mostly because it lets you have a finger on each key.

Just saying.
I find the keyboard controls good too. No issues at all.