• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (NetherRealm, DC fighting, 360,PS3,WiiU) [Up: Screens in OP]

Khezu

2XmP4.jpg
Some random fluff about the Injustice comic coming out tomorrow.

C-Sword

Gamestop exclusives

Battle Edition
http://bit.ly/RV0GVE

201585brp.jpg

Exclusive Injustice: Gods Among Us Fight Stick featuring official artwork from the game and three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS - THE NEW 52. The Fight Stick is a light weight controller that boasts a non-skid foam underside, a lockout feature for the Start, Select and Guide buttons, as well as adjustable illumination for the buttons and joystick.

Collector's Edition

Exclusive DC Collectibles statue featuring iconic characters Batman and Wonder Woman, the Fortress of Solitude, and the Last Son of Krypton's escape ship

Highly detailed statue that stands over 13" tall
Beautifully rendered with a combination of injected and hand painted decoration
Includes The Lasso of Truth, clear casted ice details and translucent smoke trail

Special Collector's Edition of a brand new DC Comics series

Digital download of DC Universe animated film Justice League: Doom

Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS - THE NEW 52

Khezu

Eh, MK never felt right with a stick, I suppose a less stupid button layout kinda helps, but the combo mechanics just felt better on a pad for me.

Wonder if PDP is making it again.

It looks like it's trying to ape the original MadCatz TE sticks. Looks like it's a bat-top, too. TINY-ass picture though, it's hard to tell how many buttons, what's the layout.

Quick Google search didn't turn up shit.

What makes MK games control so different from regular 2d fighters? Never played MK before

A dedicated button for the action of Blocking, instead of pressing back (away from opponent) on the joystick.

On the one hand some say it lets them guard while advancing, making the game more offensive based. And some like that it prevents "proximity guard" where you get stopped from walking backwards in order to block, because your opponent did an attack that would have missed you if you kept walking backwards.

But some dislike it because it removes "cross-ups" (attacks (usually aerial) which hit behind your opponent and must be blocked by pressing in the opposite direction) from the game.

Mortal-Kombat-Arcade-Stick-1.jpg

sf4_te_controller1.jpg

The button layout is also different, to accommodate the dedicated block button. In the MK3 games, the running action also has its own button.

This game (Injustice) however, uses "hold back" to block.

sleepykyo

What makes MK games control so different from regular 2d fighters? Never played MK before

In terms of stick/pad movement? MK9 didn't have rolling motions. eg. qcf (down, down-forward, forward) in other 2d fighters = down then forward in MK9.

In terms of stick/pad movement? MK9 didn't have rolling motions. eg. qcf (down, down-forward, forward) in other 2d fighters = down then forward in MK9.

Does anyone actually not roll for motions? Do people really press one direction, lift their thumb, and press the other? I never saw that as a difference because I always did moves the same way in MK and other games.

Khezu

The block button caused me to never find a comfortable layout on a normal 6/8 button arcade stick.

The closest I got was
b34
It just felt really awkward having to hold that button constantly, and using it for EX attacks.
I also found doing stuff like IAP, and NDC with a dpad far easier then on stick.

I haven't used one myself, but I would imagine a Hitbox or even a keyboard would be the optimal way to play the game.

shaowebb

Are there any larger images of the stick and the exclusive New 52 skins that gamestop is getting? Im curious about what both items really look like here and all the Gamestop listing had was a small thumbnail and no large image link.

I got a stick already (2 in fact) so I don't need to dip in on that edition just to get one with lockout features and more art, but i'd like to see if the art reveals anything new in the game or if its just pretty in general or not to look at.

Im seriously considering doing a Green Arrow or The Ray skin to replace the one for my MLP FiM arcade stick thats getting worn out just for this game.

In any case Im playing on stick all the way. This game doesn't have the whole "hold button to block" element of MK so it means I can comfortably setup my layout without having to feel like a MVC Zero player who is stuck holding down a button all day.

shaowebb

SxwOP.jpg

Thats Doomsday on the stick! I know they mentioned some dudes in cut scenes wont be playable, but no way in hell one makes it onto the official stick if they are not playable.

Im betting we now have our hard confirmation that Doomsday is playable so HELL YEAH!

Hey does anyone know it there will be a single event VS CPU mode where you can pick your opponent and the stage? That was a glaring omission from the last MK.

SxwOP.jpg

Thats Doomsday on the stick! I know they mentioned some dudes in cut scenes wont be playable, but no way in hell one makes it onto the official stick if they are not playable.

Im betting we now have our hard confirmation that Doomsday is playable so HELL YEAH!

Mini-Boss (aka Goro/Kintaro before Shang Tsung/Shao Khan) maybe?!

SmokeMaxX

I'd like to know who makes the stick. It looks almost like a Madcatz T.E. with a Happ (or imitation Happ/iL) stick and Seimetsu buttons. We'll see though.

shaowebb

What are the buttons in this game?

I think its L,M,H, Gimmick and you jump and block with the directions. LB for stage interactions. RB for EX attacks.

Im not 100% certain on the triggers or bumpers though, but I believe thats the layout I read after the German tourney. Not certain how to do clashes either, but Im not even certain how they are being implemented now its been so long and they were getting an overhaul from what NRS was saying. I don't even know if they'll be in or replaced now, but likely some kind of defensive breaker element with more risks to it than MK will be their in its place if its gone since that appeared to be the goal.

I can't wait to dig into this.

shaowebb

I've been holding out hope for Doomsday. I just hope it happens!

He was spotted in a cutscene and now he's on the stick. He's in there in some form or another. Im betting he's playable considering he's on the stick. No way he's cut scene only if he made the stick and is shown squaring off on it. Only thing to fear is he's an unplayable boss or something, but I really think he's gonna be playable now.

Bane and Doomsday...90's Legends represent.

Gamestop exclusives

Battle Edition
http://bit.ly/RV0GVE

201585brp.jpg

Exclusive Injustice: Gods Among Us Fight Stick featuring official artwork from the game and three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS - THE NEW 52. The Fight Stick is a light weight controller that boasts a non-skid foam underside, a lockout feature for the Start, Select and Guide buttons, as well as adjustable illumination for the buttons and joystick.

Collector's Edition

Exclusive DC Collectibles statue featuring iconic characters Batman and Wonder Woman, the Fortress of Solitude, and the Last Son of Krypton's escape ship

Highly detailed statue that stands over 13" tall
Beautifully rendered with a combination of injected and hand painted decoration
Includes The Lasso of Truth, clear casted ice details and translucent smoke trail

Special Collector's Edition of a brand new DC Comics series

Digital download of DC Universe animated film Justice League: Doom

Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS - THE NEW 52

So there's nothing but the standard edition for the Wii U..........uhhh thanks I guess for saving me money.

*edit*

Wii U version doesn't even include DLC pre-order bonus. WTF! Fuck them I'll buy the game used for 20 bucks down the road.

J-Tier

Can you spoiler some details?

Sure.

Spoilerific Synopsis (This is basically the ENTIRE first bit, DO NOT read if you don't want to be spoiled):

Gotham is now free of crime, in a world ruled by the Man of Steel. Now we go five years back and Superman is in bed with Lois Lane and he comments how he's able to hear a second heartbeat within her and smiles. Lois says she has to do a job with Jimmy, and she leaves, while Superman goes to share the good news with Batman. He tells Batman that he wants him to be the godfather of the child. Elsewhere, Lois is with Jimmy and they see a mysterious figure.

This mysterious figure turns out to be the Joker, who kills Jimmy and then says, "Hi Lois!" with Harley Quinn standing besides him.

Kizer

Sure.

Spoilerific Synopsis (This is basically the ENTIRE first bit, DO NOT read if you don't want to be spoiled):

Gotham is now free of crime, in a world ruled by the Man of Steel. Now we go five years back and Superman is in bed with Lois Lane and he comments how he's able to hear a second heartbeat within her and smiles. Lois says she has to do a job with Jimmy, and she leaves, while Superman goes to share the good news with Batman. He tells Batman that he wants him to be the godfather of the child. Elsewhere, Lois is with Jimmy and they see a mysterious figure.

This mysterious figure turns out to be the Joker, who kills Jimmy and then says, "Hi Lois!" with Harley Quinn standing besides him.

I feel like
Jimmy ends up dead
in all these alternate earth stories.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Pissed off from the lack of Wii U Limited Edition or Collector Edition, but not so much considering the price, I'm more interested in knowing: does the Wii U version have Offtv? Does the Wii U version come out on April 19th?

TDLink

Pissed off from the lack of Wii U Limited Edition or Collector Edition, but not so much considering the price, I'm more interested in knowing: does the Wii U version have Offtv? Does the Wii U version come out on April 19th?

Wii U version will be out April 19th with the other versions. Off TV hasn't been confirmed yet but I would expect it considering it is single screen on the other two systems.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Wii U version will be out April 19th with the other versions. Off TV hasn't been confirmed yet but I would expect it considering it is single screen on the other two systems.

I hope so.
Late streetdates should not be accepted anymore, now that the system is available on the market, and OffTv is becoming a "savior" for my videogame spare time at home...

RkOwnage

Collector's edition looks good, I think I am going to go with the PS3 version, usually prefer my fighting games on Playstation. I like the idea of the game and hope it turns out better than Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe was. We'll see. Did I read somewhere it won't have the same button layout as MK9.

Pociask

Off TV play seems like the slow burner Wii U exclusive feature that, if anything, is going to drive Wii U sales. Not two screen gaming, but an available second screen for gaming. I know it's one of the things I'm most looking forward to when I pick up a Wii U.

Now give me my Captain Marvel reveal!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Off TV play seems like the slow burner Wii U exclusive feature that, if anything, is going to drive Wii U sales. Not two screen gaming, but an available second screen for gaming. I know it's one of the things I'm most looking forward to when I pick up a Wii U.

Now give me my Captain Marvel reveal!

Well, the Offtv is the right feature for multiplatform titles, that can hardly be heavily based on the two screen (as ZombiU or Land for example)

Btw, I really hope it could hit the market in the same date, unlike Aliens...

Playstation Offical Magazine-Australia has Injustice on the cover and some info

-Aquaman will star in the game
-No rounds
-In game menus have starting frames, break out frames, and points of damage next to button combos
-Scenes include :Flash and Green Arrow quip, Black Adam vs Shazam,Superman vs Doomsday, Green Lantern vs Sinestro, and a flash of Ares
-Doesn't guarantee that all characters are playable
-Making lesser known characters like Ares and Aquaman look cool was a challenge.
Probably more, but those are the only scans I see

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Playstation Offical Magazine-Australia has Injustice on the cover and some info

-Aquaman will star in the game
-No rounds
-In game menus have starting frames, break out frames, and points of damage next to button combos
-Scenes include :Flash and Green Arrow quip, Black Adam vs Shazam,Superman vs Doomsday, Green Lantern vs Sinestro, and a flash of Ares
-Doesn't guarantee that all characters are playable
-Making lesser known characters like Ares and Aquaman look cool was a challenge.
Probably more, but those are the only scans I see

735030_10151182984366881_911531645_n.jpg

Does anyone actually not roll for motions? Do people really press one direction, lift their thumb, and press the other? I never saw that as a difference because I always did moves the same way in MK and other games.

I do both depending on the move and situation. For Kitana's instant air fan I tap up then qcf+1. For fan cutter(d,f+2) I would do d+1~cutter as d+1 then just tap f+2.

Top Bottom