• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (NetherRealm, DC fighting, 360,PS3,WiiU) [Up: Screens in OP]

Khezu

Well we know he has a crowbar, that's something I guess.
1dZ5PbN.jpg

Probably won't see any gameplay of him until the game is out.

Wow, so much hate for the boob window makes me sad. I think people need to go read the Conner/Palmiotti run on Power Girl. She owns that boob window. The new 52 costume is horrible.

That being said, as long as she's in the game I'll take what I can get.

J-Tier

Wow, so much hate for the boob window makes me sad. I think people need to go read the Conner/Palmiotti run on Power Girl. She owns that boob window. The new 52 costume is horrible.

That being said, as long as she's in the game I'll take what I can get.

Knowing Boon, and Netherrealm, she'll probably have a boob window. And it will be on armor.

TDLink

So going by magazine confirmations the roster now appears to be: (still assuming at least 12 villains and 12 heroes)

Heroes (11 or 12/12)

• Superman
  • Batman
  • The Flash
  • Wonder Woman
  • Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
  • Aquaman
  • Cyborg
  • Green Arrow
  • Nightwing
  • Raven
  • Captain Marvel/Shazam
  • Martian Manhunter?

Villains (11 or 12/12)

• Lex Luthor
  • Doomsday
  • The Joker
  • Bane
  • Catwoman
  • Harley Quinn
  • Deathstroke
  • Solomon Grundy
  • Sinestro
  • Black Adam
  • Ares
  • Captain Cold?

Also included two heavily rumoured ones in question marks. Could this be the game's full base roster? It seems to be we definitely at least know 24 characters, maybe the base roster is actually larger than 24 (although that has been the number we have been going off of thus far).

Khezu

When people were mentioning Ares, Aquaman, Black Adam, Shazam, Sinestro, and Doomsday, Boon was quick to say not every character that appears in the story mode will be playable. Later even said there would be a lot of Cameos.

However, out of those characters, they have all been hinted at as being playable.
In the article the dude said they really wanted to make Aquaman and Ares likable, they wouldn't do that if they weren't playable.
Boon said Sinestro or Atroctius would be a playable character, and realistically there is no reason to have Sinestro show up in the story mode unless he is playable, he doesn't exactly chill on earth a lot.
Doomsday is on the stick, and Boon asked if people wanted him playable and then posted a smiley face.

So that just leaves Black Adam and Shazam, and it would be weird if only one of them would be playable, since one could just easily be an alt costume for the other.

All in all, NRS/Boon are just assholes and should reveal characters like every other sane dev on the planet.

Marz

When people were mentioning Ares, Aquaman, Black Adam, Shazam, Sinestro, and Doomsday, Boon was quick to say not every character that appears in the story mode will be playable. Later even said there would be a lot of Cameos.

However, out of those characters, they have all been hinted at as being playable.
In the article the dude said they really wanted to make Aquaman and Ares likable, they wouldn't do that if they weren't playable.
Boon said Sinestro or Atroctius would be a playable character, and realistically there is no reason to have Sinestro show up in the story mode unless he is playable, he doesn't exactly chill on earth a lot.
Doomsday is on the stick, and Boon asked if people wanted him playable and then posted a smiley face.

So that just leaves Black Adam and Shazam, and it would be weird if only one of them would be playable, since one could just easily be an alt costume for the other.

All in all, NRS/Boon are just assholes and should reveal characters like every other sane dev on the planet.

Game doesn't come out til April. The reveals so far have been fine you have a general idea of the majority of the roster.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Game doesn't come out til April. The reveals so far have been fine you have a general idea of the majority of the roster.

Knowing who's on the roster and actually seeing them are two different things entirely. There are characters we still haven't seen real pics/footage of that were announced ages ago, and we haven't even seen a whole lot from most of the early reveals. On top of that, they still aren't showing any of the single-player stuff, they haven't shown any of the online features, no real footage beyond casuals mashing at trade shows every now and again... hopeless.

We're talking about a game here, not a list of features on a spec sheet.

Grecco

Still wish Plastic Man and Guy Gardner were in this. The amount of videos/actual info has seemed to trickle down and its closer to release

v1oz

Eh, when was the last time any DC character had a movie in theaters other than Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern?

Really poor metric to gauge popularity.

There is no way Aquaman is a lesser known character. Even if it's just to make fun of him, many know who he is.
Aquaman isn't that popular at all. To me he's a minor character like Green-Arrow, Hawk-Eye and Quicksilver. That's why they keep giving him a reboot to boost sales; changing his image, powers etc. At one point he was a hairy old man with a hook for his hand. He's more of a Justice League character doesn't sell nearly as many comics on his own.

TDLink

Aquaman isn't that popular at all. To me he's a minor character like Green-Arrow, Hawk-Eye and Quicksilver. That's why they keep giving him a reboot to boost sales; changing his image, powers etc. At one point he was a hairy old man with a hook for his hand. He's more of a Justice League character doesn't sell nearly as many comics on his own.

Aquaman is popular. Just because he can't carry a series on his own doesn't mean that people aren't aware of him. Ask a random person on the street if they know who Aquaman is and they will probably be able to tell you. You wouldn't get the same response to most comic characters.

J-Tier

Aquaman is popular. Just because he can't carry a series on his own doesn't mean that people aren't aware of him. Ask a random person on the street if they know who Aquaman is and they will probably be able to tell you. You wouldn't get the same response to most comic characters.

Yeah, Aquaman is pretty well-known, a good amount of people know him in one form or another--though most of them probably think of him as a joke. He's parodied and mentioned in so many different shows/movies that he's possibly more well-known than Green Lantern, despite the movie having recently come out.

Khezu

So ya, Raven is a thing, she looks like a Night elf wearing lingerie, maybe, it's kinda hard to make her out.

Her hand is glowing with pinkish energy, so there not going straight TT cartoon Raven.

Will be weird hearing Tara Strong's voice come out of very grown up ass Raven.

Raoh

Just read the first issue of the Injustice comic book. Looking quite nice. I'll need to read up on the story mode for the game. Is there a story mode? This game has been off my radar so I'm just now giving it attention.

Raoh

Raoh

Man Plastic Man would've been so dope. Like the lethal joke character of the game.

Don't they still show plastic man in the background of some dc comics scenes? or am seeing things and confusing him with another plastic man/reed richards type character from another comic book publisher? Maybe Guardians of the Globe.

tim1138

So ya, Raven is a thing, she looks like a Night elf wearing lingerie, maybe, it's kinda hard to make her out.

Her hand is glowing with pinkish energy, so there not going straight TT cartoon Raven.

Link?

TDLink

Just read the first issue of the Injustice comic book. Looking quite nice. I'll need to read up on the story mode for the game. Is there a story mode? This game has been off my radar so I'm just now giving it attention.

Yes this game will have a fully featured story mode. Possibly the most in depth story mode a fighting game has had since they have said it will be building upon what they were able to do with story mode in Mortal Kombat 9. That being said, we still know hardly anything about what the story will actually entail.

There will also be bonus campaigns separate from the main story that follow certain comic book arcs. "Red Son" is the only one mentioned so far that will be in the game, but if that is in then there are bound to be others.

Gleethor

where?

Thores

So going by magazine confirmations the roster now appears to be: (still assuming at least 12 villains and 12 heroes)

Heroes (11 or 12/12)

• Superman
  • Batman
  • The Flash
  • Wonder Woman
  • Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
  • Aquaman
  • Cyborg
  • Green Arrow
  • Nightwing
  • Raven
  • Captain Marvel/Shazam
  • Martian Manhunter?

Villains (11 or 12/12)

• Lex Luthor
  • Doomsday
  • The Joker
  • Bane
  • Catwoman
  • Harley Quinn
  • Deathstroke
  • Solomon Grundy
  • Sinestro
  • Black Adam
  • Ares
  • Captain Cold?

Also included two heavily rumoured ones in question marks. Could this be the game's full base roster? It seems to be we definitely at least know 24 characters, maybe the base roster is actually larger than 24 (although that has been the number we have been going off of thus far).

The only thing that's off about this roster is that there's only one female on that list that hasn't had an official reveal, and Boon mentioned a couple days ago that we'd be seeing "more girls" plural.

My theory is that Black Adam is playable, but Shazam/Marvel isn't. His slot on the heroes side is then filled by either Black Canary or Power Girl.

TDLink

The only thing that's off about this roster is that there's only one female on that list that hasn't had an official reveal, and Boon mentioned a couple days ago that we'd be seeing "more girls" plural.

My theory is that Black Adam is playable, but Shazam/Marvel isn't. His slot on the heroes side is then filled by either Black Canary or Power Girl.

I think it would be pretty unlikely to have Black Adam but not Shazam. I think instead it will just turn out that Boon was lying about there being plural more girls and was just talking about Raven or there are actually more than 24 characters in the base game (which would be preferable). I'm pretty confident at this point though that those 24, at least, are definitely in the game.

tkscz

Yeah, Aquaman is pretty well-known, a good amount of people know him in one form or another--though most of them probably think of him as a joke. He's parodied and mentioned in so many different shows/movies that he's possibly more well-known than Green Lantern, despite the movie having recently come out.

We can blame Super Friends for that. As all he did in that show was telekinetic talk to fish. Unless you read comics, you don't know that Aquaman has super human strength and agility, thick skin (think that's all Atlantians though), and hydrokenesis (control of water). Hell, don't even think that show mentions him being a king. But hey, it's the same show that gave wonder woman, someone who could already fly, an invisible jet.

We can blame Super Friends for that. As all he did in that show was telekinetic talk to fish. Unless you read comics, you don't know that Aquaman has super human strength and agility, thick skin (think that's all Atlantians though), and hydrokenesis (control of water). Hell, don't even think that show mentions him being a king. But hey, it's the same show that gave wonder woman, someone who could already fly, an invisible jet.

Well, Justice League/ Unlimited showed us that.

Tizoc

Everyone knows this is the best Aquaman but we'd sadly never get him this game:
batman_the_brave_and_the_bold_aquaman_kiss_the_cook.jpg

Best image I could find of that atm sorry.

shaowebb

But he also states that the injustice comic is getting RAVE reviews right before that. Knowing Boon, Raven is probably in.

To be fair the comic is pretty good so far though someone got a little heavy handed with their line weight on their pens in a lot of the panels. Overall, though its building pretty well.

Aquaman is to superheroes as Dan Hibiki is to fighting games.

TDLink

boon just addressed about raven saying not all characters in the game are playable :(

Boon has said this about just about every leaked character so far. No way do multiple different magazines all have it wrong. He is just trying to misdirect because they haven't been "officially revealed". She's in.

Kizer

Aquaman is to superheroes as Dan Hibiki is to fighting games.

Only Dan is actually a bad fighter and the general public is just horribly misinformed about Aquaman. I can't think of any hero who has not had that "bad moment" where they just seem absolutely lame but no one is more haunted by this than Aquaman. That boy Arthur Curry is running his own series right now in the New 52 and has survived several cancellation periods which took down books like Static Shock. Obviously people are reading them and enjoying them (myself included). Mind you, he is also a founding member of the Justice League. I am not sure that is the type of thing you see on the resume of a "minor character".

Also, I think it would be a horrible waste to only be concerned with the characters "the general public knows". Introducing characters to the general public is how the general public gets to know said characters. So.....why would you not do that? Taskmaster's popularity saw a huge increase because of umvc3, for example.

The Light

Would be cool if a few lesser known characters were in the roster, but doubt that will happen. Would love to see Static and a few of his villians.

J-Tier

Finished reading the second issue.

Spoilers:

Lois has gone missing, Supes goes to Batman for help, who had previously discovered that kryptonite had been stolen from a lab. He calls the justice league for assistance to search for her and we see several villain cameos. Eventually, they find out that the Joker and Harley are holed up in a submarine under the water. Superman finds them, tears it open to find the Joker operating on Lois. Superman suddenly begins to weaken as we find out that the Joker was the one who stole the kryptonite (surprise, surprise) and we also see the introduction of Doomsday.

I think a lot of the general public's inability to take Aquaman seriously stems from his name. It's a perfectly fine name for someone from the silver or golden age of comics but it comes across as corny or, at best, not very bad-ass nowadays. Maybe he should just go by King Orin or something. What's his regular name in the new 52 continuity?

Top Bottom