• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (NetherRealm, DC fighting, 360,PS3,WiiU) [Up: Screens in OP]

shaowebb

I wonder if it will be Blue Beetle. Folks are speculating Boon's post was lyrics again like all his other characters teases. If so its a Beatles lyric from Hey Jude.

Blue Beetle would be pretty awesome IMO. Lots of potential with his powers for good stuff.

Slayven

Only Dan is actually a bad fighter and the general public is just horribly misinformed about Aquaman. I can't think of any hero who has not had that "bad moment" where they just seem absolutely lame but no one is more haunted by this than Aquaman. That boy Arthur Curry is running his own series right now in the New 52 and has survived several cancellation periods which took down books like Static Shock. Obviously people are reading them and enjoying them (myself included). Mind you, he is also a founding member of the Justice League. I am not sure that is the type of thing you see on the resume of a "minor character".

Also, I think it would be a horrible waste to only be concerned with the characters "the general public knows". Introducing characters to the general public is how the general public gets to know said characters. So.....why would you not do that? Taskmaster's popularity saw a huge increase because of umvc3, for example.
Fuck that noise, the only time he was cool was when they tweaked his powers. So he can do this.
dWKL46G.jpg

I6kokun.jpg

Raoh

Well?

Come on, spoil us.

Naw, its worth the short read. I liked how the short cutscene/mini films worked with DC Universe. Injustice seems to be getting that same type of attention to character detail and plot development.

It's definitely a darker side to DC Comics than I'm used to. And I like it. Haven't seen much of the game but the story line is making me want to play the game.

Khezu

Comic is surprisingly good for a tie in comic.

Very fast paced, and surprisingly fun considering all the grimdark edgyness.
It also comes out weekly, which is awesome, I wish more comics would do that, even if it means there shorter.

Only Dan is actually a bad fighter and the general public is just horribly misinformed about Aquaman. I can't think of any hero who has not had that "bad moment" where they just seem absolutely lame but no one is more haunted by this than Aquaman. That boy Arthur Curry is running his own series right now in the New 52 and has survived several cancellation periods which took down books like Static Shock. Obviously people are reading them and enjoying them (myself included). Mind you, he is also a founding member of the Justice League. I am not sure that is the type of thing you see on the resume of a "minor character".

Also, I think it would be a horrible waste to only be concerned with the characters "the general public knows". Introducing characters to the general public is how the general public gets to know said characters. So.....why would you not do that? Taskmaster's popularity saw a huge increase because of umvc3, for example.

Also, he throws down against enemies that would make superman crap his crimson underpants.

cthulhu-superheroes-aquaman-they-said-400577.jpeg

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Comicbook/Aquaman?from=Main.Aquaman

Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Constantly. Aquaman throws down with Gods and Lovecraftian Horrors on the reg. Starting in his teenage years, when he messed up Triton's attempts to, um, "claim" Wonder Woman, through Peter David's run where he threw down with Poseidon, Hades, Tiamat and others, all the way up to the more modern stories where he's "only" picking fights with Lovecraftian Horrors at the bottom of the Ocean, or the living embodiment of God's wrath.

TDLink

I really hope this new...thing...isn't what Boon has been teasing:

What are Batman and Superman even doing over there in the corner. Is their marketing department that bad that they can really just throw 6 character models on a blank background, dividing them into pairs of two sort of glaring at eachother?

Green Lantern still looks dumb too, and still no footage of him!

Khezu

That's the character select art just plastered onto a generic background for no reason.

Only positive thing I can say is that at least they look better then MK9's portraits, those were so bad I honestly thought they were a joke when I first saw some of them.

What are Batman and Superman even doing over there in the corner. Is their marketing department that bad that they can really just throw 6 character models on a blank background, dividing them into pairs of two sort of glaring at eachother?

The artist totally forgot about that layer he made earlier and than exported.

I think Batman is asking Superman to draw him like one of his french girls.

J-Tier

The Flash's voice would've been better suited for Superman. From the start, I thought he was narrating--until Wonder Woman spoke.

Superman has an obnoxious voice.

Dereck

So people's gripes with this game so far are as follows?

- Bad character design/costume
- Lack of color
- Bad character roster
- Janky animations

?

TDLink

I am literally laughing right now. This is something huge? It's only something of any size because it's new footage and we have been footage starved for a couple of months.

For one, it's laughable they are calling this a Lex Luthor reveal trailer when it is more an overview trailer on all of the previously shown characters and doesn't even focus on Lex.

For two, most of the footage was still shots of character models with brief flashes of actual gameplay.

It's like Boon is actually trolling us at this point. This is a "huge reveal"? This is essentially nothing.

I guess we have heard some Voice Actors we hadn't before? Joker's sounds off.

shaowebb

I am literally laughing right now. This is something huge? It's only something of any size because it's new footage and we have been footage starved for a couple of months.

For one, it's laughable they are calling this a Lex Luthor reveal trailer when it is more an overview trailer on all of the previously shown characters and doesn't even focus on Lex.

For two, most of the footage was still shots of character models with brief flashes of actual gameplay.

It's like Boon is actually trolling us at this point. This is a "huge reveal"? This is essentially nothing.

I guess we have heard some Voice Actors we hadn't before? Joker's sounds off.

I think that might be the voice of The Joker from the movie "Under the Red Hood" or from "Young Justice". Mark Hamill has been pretty serious about trying to stop playing The Joker for awhile now. I think he only did Arkham City to finish the role he started for that story. I wouldn't worry though if they got either of the other two Joker actors I mentioned. Both are damned solid at the role.

HiiiLife

I think the game looks cool. Lol. I could use a new fighting game. I just know the inevitable GOTY edition will drop in 2014. I may wait for that..

TDLink

I think that might be the voice of The Joker from the movie "Under the Red Hood" or from "Young Justice". Mark Hamill has been pretty serious about trying to stop playing The Joker for awhile now. I think he only did Arkham City to finish the role he started for that story. I wouldn't worry though if they got either of the other two Joker actors I mentioned. Both are damned solid at the role.

No, it's Richard Epcar. He's done a lot of voice work for various things but he's perhaps best known for playing Batou in all of the Ghost in the Shell stuff. I think he has a great and very unique voice but it doesn't really fit for The Joker, imo.

Khezu

The Flash's voice would've been better suited for Superman. From the start, I thought he was narrating--until Wonder Woman spoke.

Superman has an obnoxious voice.

Heh, George Newbern has been the defacto voice of Superman in my head ever since Justice League, so I'm glad they went with him.

Trailer was really bad, and not just because it showed nothing what so ever, but because they went back to he MK9 style trailers, very quick cuts in the action, at really unflattering angles.
Its a fighting game, I don't want to look at it from the side, it makes it look really weird and janky. MK9 had really bad pre release marketing, but somehow they managed to actually top themselves with this game.

At least we will get some match videos in a couple weeks, I really hope that they are from the game testers and not the marketing department, and the video guy doesn't try and get "creative" with it.

BadAss2961

So people's gripes with this game so far are as follows?

- Bad character design/costume
- Lack of color
- Bad character roster
- Janky animations

?
The art style and dark color palette are the ones that get me. But it seems like that and janky animations is the only way MK devs know how to do things.

Everything else looks really flashy and fun.

dan2026

Bad character design kills it for me.

Batman looks the worst. Green Lantern also looks pretty bad.
Other are just so-so.

Its like they couldn't work out when to stop designing. So everybody has massively over- complicated and detailed outfits.

Its like I'm really looking at Final Fantasy.

Khezu

Damn I was hoping Beastboy would be in this.

Beast boy would have the same problem Shang Tsung has, transforming mid fight requires a lot of memory.

If they wanted to go that route they would put in Animal Man, or Vixen, as they have similar powers, but with out the transforming. Well Vixen can, but she doesn't have to.

This game cannot come soon enough, my friend and I have spent countless nights talking smack and playing 2 v 2 or KoTH in MK9, and by talking smack I mean we would rip someones head off and say "That's no way to get ahead in life" like some really bad super villian cheesy line!

HURRY UP APRIL!

Top Bottom