• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (NetherRealm, DC fighting, 360,PS3,WiiU) [Up: Screens in OP]

MK9 had a full set of costumes for every character in the game included as unlockables, I'm sure the classic looks will be included as such.

Khezu

MK9 had a full set of costumes for every character in the game included as unlockables, I'm sure the classic looks will be included as such.

Id rather them go even weird with the alt costumes, maybe just have Classics as DLC or something.

I hope they actually do more DLC then MK9, the 3 characters were cool, but they could have done a lot more. We never got any costumes or challenge tower stuff.

New 52 Costume
Classic costume
Alt Universe costume 1 (godfall superman, batman of the future ect)
Atl Hero Costume 2 (blizarro, owl man ect)

I'd be happy with this

Then maybe some dlc with costumes like kingdom come or black lanterns for Halloween

shaowebb

We already know that Gamestop is getting Red Son alts and that the special edition comes with New 52 alts so YES we know there will be different selectable outfits for those who are worried. Don't know if they're all DLC though.

Skilletor

My problem with the game is that the MK team can't capture the differences in character. Everybody shares animation, looks like everybody moves the same. Everybody feels like they're the same speed. It's the same way in MK.

I'm just spoiled by decades of amazing Capcom Marvel games, I suppose. Makes me sad that DC will never get such awesome representation in a fighter.

Hex

Banned
My problem with the game is that the MK team can't capture the differences in character. Everybody shares animation, looks like everybody moves the same. Everybody feels like they're the same speed. It's the same way in MK.

I'm just spoiled by decades of amazing Capcom Marvel games, I suppose. Makes me sad that DC will never get such awesome representation in a fighter.

I am leaning in this direction, but that being said I will wait to get some time in front of it to be sure. (Preferably at an event or when someone else grabs it first)

Marz

Yea its more than likely not going to be an actual quality fighting game. But I'm still getting it, story looks decent and it has Batman.

Each character really should have had their own animation set. Lex in a giant power suit should not be moving the same way, and at the same speed as say Wonder Woman for instance.

Raoh

I'm fine with Batman's design. Looks like TDKR Batman. Plus I imagine there will be alternates.

flip6zu20.gif

Awesome.

OH EM GEE!

Between this gif and the comic, I'm in.

sensui-tomo

No, it's Richard Epcar. He's done a lot of voice work for various things but he's perhaps best known for playing Batou in all of the Ghost in the Shell stuff. I think he has a great and very unique voice but it doesn't really fit for The Joker, imo.

He did voice the joker once in the past, DC vs MK.. i really wish we got john dimaggio (Red hood version not "The Batman" version) but it could be worse as i dislike that young justice joker(which i believe is Data from star trek(wouldnt know, just some person told me that it was a star trek person voicing him)
PS he is also known for voicing Ansem/xehanort's heartless in kingdom hearts(anything not KH1)

J-Tier

I really dislike the way his cape falls away from him instead of going with him and doesn't feel like it's going in slow motion the way he does. It makes things feel completely out of sync.

Physics. The animation kinda has it right, though flipping with a cape on would actually turn out a bit differently. But if it were to follow his motion, that would look unrealistic.

EDIT: Actually...it looks like they got it right. He has his back facing the "camera" after the flip with the cape thrown over his shoulder.

Raoh

I really dislike the way his cape falls away from him instead of going with him and doesn't feel like it's going in slow motion the way he does. It makes things feel completely out of sync.

They both speed up at the end of the move, as for the cape, your suggestion would defy the laws of gravity.

Yeah its a game about superheroes fighting so its already a fantasy but having the cape move with him would be completely out of the ordinary for physics.

Not to mention I really think its time for superheroes to hang up their capes. Maybe they can wear them to special events like marines wear dress blues to functions.

Haven't these superheroes with capes ever watched "The Incredibles" ?

http://youtu.be/Jy2YhxXn7NY

NO-CAPES.jpg

J-Tier

Not to mention I really think its time for superheroes to hang up their capes. Maybe they can wear them to special events like marines wear dress blues to functions.

Haven't these superheroes with capes ever watched "The Incredibles" ?

Supervillains should exploit these glaring weaknesses more often. Just grab them by the cape over and over. Wrap them up in their own cape. And if you're a mystic or telekinetic, command the cape to wrap around their neck and strangle them.

Skilletor

Each character really should have had their own animation set. Lex in a giant power suit should not be moving the same way, and at the same speed as say Wonder Woman for instance.

Exactly. Flash and Nightwing should not move the same. Harley Quinn and Catwoman should not move the same.

It's my biggest problem with Netherealms games.

Khezu

Exactly. Flash and Nightwing should not move the same. Harley Quinn and Catwoman should not move the same.

It's my biggest problem with Netherealms games.

Everyone has different move speeds, well I'm sure some are probably similar, but there are differences between characters.
Grundy is slow as shit, and flash is pretty fast.
Both Nightwing and Wonder Woman have different speeds in there different stances, with a lasso WW is faster and can air dash, but with the sword she is grounded and slower, and NW is faster with the eskrimo sticks, and slower then a Grundy with his staff.

Everyone has different jump arcs and jump attacks as well now.

As for animation sharing, the only ones I have seen are from MK9 to Injustice.
Cyborg and Jax have some similar normals, and Deathstroke has Rains 4,3 string.
Everyone else so far has pretty different stuff, since most of the cast so far is using a weapon of some kind.

J-Tier

Buddy Baker would be really cool in this game. I realize that he could have a rotworld related stage, the MK guys definitely have some experience in working with those kinds of stages.

shaowebb

Credit for the following news goes to DeathAndHealing on TYM who caught this news in a public chat reveal with the devs.

CLASH SYSTEM CHANGES
DeathAndHealing at TYM said:
New Info?

THE CLASH SYSTEM

1. after your first life bar is gone you can clash, which can break almost any combo (sans supers some meter burned specials ect). then during the clash you can use your meter to do damage if you were clashed or to regain regain health if you started it

2. you can only clash once you still can spend meter in to deal/heal damage

DOUBLE KO

1. double ko is awesome you get back up both on danger

2. there is no double ko maxter you get back up with 10% health when it happens then 5% then 1% or something like that

This sounds better and less interruptive to me than what was in ancient builds. Thing was rampant. You still have to choose what to invest as the dude you clash to break a combo on may still want to shoot off all their meter on you for a sucker punch and you would need to blow more meter to stay healthy if you initiated the thing. Puts a lot of flash in the final meter of health portions. Thing could turn on a dime if you popped it to break and then bet the dude wouldn't blow his bars on you just trying to save meter for ex specials or something. Personally if I pop that thing I'm going to blow the whole set of bars for a maximum heal if the heal is big enough.

shaowebb

UPDATE:
Test Your Might is popping up with all kinds of mechanics info. Credit for this bit goes to Storms
Storms on TYM said:
there are no EX moves, most specials you can burn meter to modify them - something like promoves in MKDC but way more general, more useful and cost meter
it's a 6 button game, you hit the motion and then the meter button - like Batman's BF2 to toss batarang, then you hit the meter button after it's to blow it up for a bar
controls are light, medium, hard, character, background and meter
there are macros that also cost meter like 1+2+3
There are some very exciting in-game options that haven't been announced yet

Also...
Rapid cancels are being discussed now too.

Meter can also be spent to rapid cancel attacks and strings, allowing you to keep yourself safe in the middle of your pressure and opening up new combo opportunities.

Source =CheatCC credit for pointing out this info goes to Kombatnerd on TYM.

I love the idea of Rapid Cancels. Freaking KOF Drive cancel time!

Game mechanics are sounding good right now.

EDIT: Hmmm...from what Im seeing on TYM Rapid Cancels are not a universal thing. The specials in this game have a "Meter Burn" version of themselves and some will turn into better versions of themself while others will get rapid cancels. This means that not everything can be rapid cancelled and that not every move has an EX version. This could get interesting. Im going to see if I can find a rapid cancel meter burn property to either Solomon Grundy's "seismic stomp" or "Swamp hands". Both are low hitting specials and if either gain a rapid cancel as his meter burn version then I can go into one of his other moves while they are in block stun to both give him a way in and a mixup. If I can do something like this close enough it'd equal a dirty way to setup grabs too. Guy needs something to make his stuff safe so here's hoping he gets lots of rapid cancels.

J-Tier

Joker had laced scarecrow gas with kryptonite. The entire time Superman had thought he was fighting Doomsday. But was instead attacking a pregnant Lois without restraint.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Joker had laced scarecrow gas with kryptonite. The entire time Superman had thought he was fighting Doomsday. But was instead attacking a pregnant Lois without restraint.

Holy shit. I mean, uh...
would there even be a body left? Christ, if anything could drive Superman insane, it's this.

Khezu

No its true. He doesn't like smash her to bits or anything grimmdark, he just flys her into space, you don't really get to see her, only supermans face. Also there is a trigger inside her, and when she died, it set off the bomb

It's surprisingly good.

vazel

Banned
I've gotta add my praise to the comics. I was initially critical of it; I find it difficult to believe Superman will abandon all his convictions just becuase people close to him are murdered. But the way it's handled here is just so wicked and brilliant.

It's worth your .99c every Tuesday at Comixology.

Marz

Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn look terrible. They need to fix WW's face.

Catwoman looks surprisingly good and I'm so glad they went with comic book Bane.

Top Bottom