• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (NetherRealm, DC fighting, 360,PS3,WiiU) [Up: Screens in OP]

Remmy2112

I really hope
if Joker appears in the story mode it is a flashback, 'cause any story that has him alive after having Superman kill Lois and nuke Metropolis is granting Joker previously unseen levels of plot immunity. Dude would be a smear at the bottom of a crater, or flung into the sun.

Edit: Some scans of Injustice: Gods Among Us issue 3. Heavy spoilers peoples, click at your own risk. Seriously. Do not click if you hate spoilers.

Remmy2112

Yes.
Joker attacked the Daily Planet with Joker gas. She survived by donning a gas mask and attempted to fight off Joker but suffered a mortal head wound. That Superman didn't fly off the handle because of Lois' last words... and it wasn't a tie-in to a product from the devs of Mortal Kombat, heh.

Didn't this happen in
Kingdom Come? Sure he didn't nuke Metropolis or have a baby waiting with Lois but she was still murdered by the Joker.
Well, it's different.

It was the Joker who did it that time. And while I'm enormously sick of the "stuffing women in the fridge" thing so prevalent in comic books, I think making Superman of all people do it shocking, to say the least. Nuking Metropolis is a bit too much, though, it gets in the exaggerated territory, but well, Netherrealm.

Although I just realized this might mean
Doomsday is not playable after all. Shame.

ReiGun

Some of those renders are awful. Wonder Woman and Batman especially. I really do not like Netherealm's art.

Those comics spoilers are...interesting. Nothing that really makes me what to read it though.

jett

D-Member
No its true. He doesn't like smash her to bits or anything grimmdark, he just flys her into space, you don't really get to see her, only supermans face. Also there is a trigger inside her, and when she died, it set off the bomb

It's surprisingly good.

:lol This is hilarious.

Remmy2112

Story mode trailer

Looks like shades of Kingdom Come. A powered faction and a more human one.

Also given the fact that they are using many of the Batman/Superman/Justice League voices I can't help but imagine the Justice Lords storyline from Justice League every time I see this game.

Effect

I really hope
if Joker appears in the story mode it is a flashback, 'cause any story that has him alive after having Superman kill Lois and nuke Metropolis is granting Joker previously unseen levels of plot immunity. Dude would be a smear at the bottom of a crater, or flung into the sun.

Edit: Some scans of Injustice: Gods Among Us issue 3. Heavy spoilers peoples, click at your own risk. Seriously. Do not click if you hate spoilers.

Seriously. If he isn't one of the first to die for that crap I'll be really disappointed. It's the biggest problem with the character and DC/WB refuse to see the problem they've created.

Penguin

I really hope

Superman's face.. is so dreadful.

Malvingt2

I really hope

Oh wow... This is serious stuff. No wownder Superman is like that now. Oh wow

I really hope

Oh wow. Time to start reading the issues. This is good stuff!

NEO0MJ

Seriously. If he isn't one of the first to die for that crap I'll be really disappointed. It's the biggest problem with the character and DC/WB refuse to see the problem they've created.

I can already see what will happen next.

Batman: No Clark! This is not how we do this! We don't act as judge, jury and executioner!

Superman: Fuck you! And don't call me Clark!

Spotted some new costumes for Batman, Harley, Wonder woman, Lex and Deathstroke in that trailer. Also, I guess this confirms hawk woman, at least for story mode? First time seeing her.

hg.png

Khezu

Lots of alt costumes in that trailer.

Harley with blond hair

She looks better then her default, but her hair is like the comic, so she kinda looks like those weird sex aliens from star wars.

According to a article on IGN, they confirmed some new things.

You can turn off the stage stuff.

Online practice mode.

You can change the inputs from MK style, to SF style, kinda weird but alright.

sleepykyo

Le sigh, plot device Joker is the worse Joker.

Except Joker's last laugh, shit was fun.

The shock value seems to playing out fairly well over here. Clearly the next step is to either have Killer Croc eat Catwoman and claims she tastes like chicken or Joker can shoot her in the spine strip her down and send the videos to Batman.

Raoh

I really hope

Joker had laced scarecrow gas with kryptonite. The entire time Superman had thought he was fighting Doomsday. But was instead attacking a pregnant Lois without restraint.

Just read Issue 3 on the train ride to work.

Holy Sh!t

And then, two heartbeats coming from one person...... Stop Beating

shaowebb

c'mon Superman

don't resort to violence

resort to time travel

Only if its a Double KO lol. He'll run it back then and its do or die time for them both at last health. Soooo glad they took the KoF XIII double KO feature and added it to Injustice. Stuff is hype.

Also just found out that frame data is available in your moveset for both your normals and specials and their frame data on block is listed as well. Plus WE GOT CROSSUPS.

ibk2BrWRYe2961.gif

Check the other thread because it got loaded with goodies to discuss :)

Thread

J-Tier

I really think that being able to set controller input modes was a good idea. They really are trying to appeal to the people who are a part of the FGC, particularly those of the Capcom fanbase. Being able to set either quarter-circle type inputs (Capcom-style), or down-forward inputs (MK-style) will make adapting to the game a breeze for me.

Nori Chan

Also Raven confirmed to be playable from the official xbox magazine. Shows a picture of her fighting Lex in the background.

Idk if it's a boon troll but he said that not all characters in the game are playbale.

Also does anybody have a picture of the arkham costumes that you get if you pre order at walmart?

SmokeMaxX

I really think that being able to set controller input modes was a good idea. They really are trying to appeal to the people who are a part of the FGC, particularly those of the Capcom fanbase. Being able to set either quarter-circle type inputs (Capcom-style), or down-forward inputs (MK-style) will make adapting to the game a breeze for me.

what's the difference? I just do QCF motions when I play MK anyway. Is the only difference that MK doesn't require the diagonal?

Khezu

Joker's alt costume.
Joker in a trenchcoat? Man, so many 14 year olds are gonna play him.
It's kinda weird they're wasting his alt costume on what he wears for only 1/3 of the first comic issue. Wonder if it will even show up in the story mode.

I don't buy toys or anything, so I don't know much about them, but is it me or does this seem pretty crappy looking? Like something I would get in a happy meal.

GrayFoxPL

Only if its a Double KO lol. He'll run it back then and its do or die time for them both at last health. Soooo glad they took the KoF XIII double KO feature and added it to Injustice. Stuff is hype.

Also just found out that frame data is available in your moveset for both your normals and specials and their frame data on block is listed as well. Plus WE GOT CROSSUPS.

ibk2BrWRYe2961.gif

Check the other thread because it got loaded with goodies to discuss :)

Thread

Woah, real cross up. This is gonna be fun game.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm hoping for a more traditional Superman alternate costume. The Reeve suit, Man of Steel's suit, or Morrison's Action Comics outfit would all rock.

shaowebb

lYFL8ic.jpg

How many of these dudes do you wanna bet are here just to die in cutscene against Superman's posse to establish their scary-ness?

BTW I think Twoface is above Flash's shoulder over on the left, but yeah Croc, Riddler, Penguin.

I'd play the hell outta Croc. Haters can hate all they want, but I'd love it if he was in. Hate all you want folks but there aint a Batman guy I wouldn't play thats been teased so far. I like left fielders too and will always hold out hope for a few (like The Ray!) but I can't say I'll be sad playing a cast with so many faces I've grown up with.

EDIT: BONUS! Bane's backbreaker courtesy of Froglantern over on TYM

banemoves_zps8fef310c.gif

Top Bottom