• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita "hacked," (PSP) homebrew on the way (not piracy)

L.O.R.D

small updates that are pushed "nightly"

facepalm-captain-picard.jpg

i am an idiot

Shaneus

3.52 or what ever next update will be
Awesome. At least that means I can update now. And another stupid question: I assume PSP games will be playable on it too? Not concerned about homebrew so much as PSP compatibility. AFAIK it's a given that PSP titles always work with different exploits, but I never know.

L.O.R.D

Awesome. At least that means I can update now. And another stupid question: I assume PSP games will be playable on it too? Not concerned about homebrew so much as PSP compatibility. AFAIK it's a given that PSP titles always work with different exploits, but I never know.

what update you have right now ?

L.O.R.D

I'm still on 3.18 using TNV....is it worth upgrading or should I just stay where I'm at?
No, stay
The ps1 emulator not complete on ark , there is no sound
But if you want to upgrade to play new games like dangaronba UDG with require 3.50 to run

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I have a PSTV that I bought a while ago, but haven't opened yet. What CFW is the best to play my UMD based games?
I hear that PSTVs come with a pretty old fw, so you're probably in a good position.

I just got one too, and I'm really interested in if you can use this new bubble hack then update, and still keep those bubbles you make.

No, stay
The ps1 emulator not complete on ark , there is no sound
But if you want to upgrade to play new games like dangaronba UDG with require 3.50 to run

I'm in this boat. I have a 3.18 Vita, but I want to play Danganronpa UDG. If PSX games play w/ sound in the new version of ARK, I'm unsure if there would still be a reason to stay on an old FW. I'll be following this development closely.

Is there a tutorial to install the Final Fantasy Tactics slowdown fix live patch plug-in on Vita TV? I have TN installed and have ftp installed. Not sure how to set it up.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It works on most firmwares below 3.52.
I have 3.18 but I couldn't use the Unity PSM package you need because it requires a higher fw.

Haven't followed this... But if this runs emulators I think its worth it for me since the system is kinda dead... Any news on snes emulators etc? How do you get this hack? Game or a file like the psp days? :s

Rich!

:O
Haven't been following closely. Weren't we limited to just single apps before like PSM?

Yep. Not for much longer.

Also uh, unfortunately this thread title won't stay true for long going by that pastebin log.

Backups.

Here's the important stuff:

-BASICS
- Reading
- Dump ux0
- Dump any file (blind)
- Dump cartridge

- Writing
- Write to ux0
- Write to any partition (except RO partitions, e.g: vs0)
- Delete
- Delete in ux0
- Delete in other partitions

-TRICKS
- All models
- Custom themes
- Full bubble customization (PSP/PSVita)
- Bubble spawning (Hidden apps)
- ePSP bubble creation (re-birth)
- Package installation
- Cartridge backup installation
- Free trophies

- PSTV
- Run unplayable games

- Registry edition
- Switch PSN account
- Make CMA backups for anyone (without linked PSN account)
- Fake region
- Semi-debug

So basically, PSTV full unlock, full kernel access, backups, custom themes and bubble forwarders, multi region accounts on one memory card.

Put simply,

105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT.gif

Also uh, unfortunately this thread title won't stay true for long going by that pastebin log.

Backups.

-BASICS
- Reading
- Dump ux0
- Dump any file (blind)
- Dump cartridge

- Writing
- Write to ux0
- Delete
- Delete in ux0

-TRICKS
- All models
- Custom themes
- Package installation
- Free trophies

- PSTV
- Run unplayable games

- Registry edition
- Switch PSN account
- Fake region
- Semi-debug

So basically, PSTV full unlock, full kernel access, backups, custom themes and bubble forwarders, multi region accounts on one memory card.
No emulators is a shame :( I miss the days that my psp was a all in one device. The vita with its specs could be just that device...

spons

Gold Member
Was thinking of a reason to have backup functionality, but I honestly can't think of any. Still stuck with overpriced memory cards, still a pain in the ass to be frank.

I guess it somewhat simplifies things for people with tons of cartridges, but I went full digital.

Rich!

No emulators is a shame :( I miss the days that my psp was a all in one device. The vita with its specs could be just that device...

Eh? Read it again. Emulators will be available.

- Package Installation

That means *.pkg files, including homebrew and emulators.

MUnited83

For you.

Backups.

-BASICS
- Reading
- Dump ux0
- Dump any file (blind)
- Dump cartridge

- Writing
- Write to ux0
- Delete
- Delete in ux0

-TRICKS
- All models
- Custom themes
- Package installation
- Free trophies

- PSTV
- Run unplayable games

- Registry edition
- Switch PSN account
- Fake region
- Semi-debug

Put simply,

105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT.gif
Holy fuck. This and the Wii U getting hacked wide open very close go each other is legitemately shocking me.

So, native emulators can now be done?

Damn , a shame that I'm not on 3.52 and couldnt get PSM either way :(

Also, PSN account and region change... Do we know if we can install games in one account and play in another ?

Rich!

Holy fuck. This and the Wii U getting hacked wide open very close go each other is legitemately shocking me.

Get onto 3.52 now. The new exploit works on that. Also download one of the exploitable games.

spons

Gold Member

Also, PSN account and region change... Do we know if we can install games in one account and play in another ?
Can't you just update to 3.52? Not that I'm for that until we know more about compatibility, but that's the latest one.
Also download one of the exploitable games.
You need a game for this? I don't see that mentioned anywhere. If so, can you name the ones used for this?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
- Free trophies

Yesssss. Fuck you online-only trophies. Wipeout is dead. Uncarded is dead. Time to get those. :eek:

- PSTV
- Run unplayable games

Too bad this is coming after they closed off a bunch of "unsupported" apps like Facebook and the like. Could've been worthwhile, but for the games not whitelisted it should be good provided they have a way of solving the front/backtouch issues.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Woah, woah. Are we able to hack pstv and wiiu now? I've been waiting forever for this. I bought my pstv hoping it would get emulation. Never heard about the wiiu though, link?

Rich!

It has a PSP mode.

You still need specific games? Bummer.

Yes, but its not a PSP. If the N3DS can run SNES full speed with sound (see my recent thread) then native Vita emulation sure as shit can.

Also, ape quest demo is one of the games. It's free. Puzzle Scape (EU) is 99p.

Get them now as they won't be available for long.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You still need specific games? Bummer. Why can't I just connect the Vita with my PC and copy the exploit to the memory card of the Vita?

Because you need something that'll trigger an overflow. The OS's native system can't do that.

test_account

XP-39C²
Would be kinda "funny" if this leads to piracy on Vita. I mean, first it was OtherOS, and now PSM. Both attempts to give homebrew legally to the systems, then it ended up backfiring big time. I guess Sony will learn from this.

Top Bottom