• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin And Punishment Developer Treasure Working On 3DS Exclusive

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Source
Veteran studio Treasure - the team behind the amazing Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - has confirmed that it is working on a 3DS exclusive.

Speaking to UK magazine gamesTM, Treasure CEO Masato Maegawa revealed the exciting news:

"We are making a new game on Nintendo 3DS now. Not multiplatform, but exclusive to 3DS."

When asked if it was an action title, Maegawa responded in the affirmative.

Founded in 1992 by former Konami staffers, Treasure's library of titles is packed with classics, such as Gunstar Heroes, Radiant Silvergun, Alien Soldier, Guardian Heroes, Bangai-O and Ikaruga.
Kid Icarus may face tough competition.

disco

Didn't they make some 2D shooting 'Gradius' style game already for 3DS or am I confused with someone else?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yes!
I really hope this can be a competitor to Kid Icarus in terms of gameplay and quality (not longevity of course)

andymcc

Banned
Didn't they make some 2D shooting 'Gradius' style game already for 3DS or am I confused with someone else?

the designer of Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun made a 3DS shop shooter/puzzler that is JPN exclusive.

hopefully this is less like those aforementioned games and more like Gunstars/Alien Soldier.

Sophia

The idealistic believer in me wants me to believe that this is a new Starfox game in the style of Star Fox 64, but only bigger, better, and crazier.

I SHALL HOPE.

Not that my username wouldn't indicate this, but i am super excited for this. Please don't let it be a port. Its been too long since we've had a new Treasure game. I'm there day one.

Note to all game designers: do not create a game where you use your left hand for movement and the stylus for aiming. Your game will be shit.

Sincerely, world

Note to all game designers: do not create a game where you use your left hand for movement and the stylus for aiming. Your game will be shit.

Sincerely, world

Not a problem anymore with the stand. However, it would be vastly preferable to make them home console games from the get-go instead.

They're working on my dream sequel to...

256px-MetalcombatSNES_boxart.jpg

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Sincerely, world

a game with just the aerial section of KI (so basically a S&P game) with that control scheme would be simply perfect.

of course, for left handed players they should offer a left hand option

a game with just the aerial section of KI (so basically a S&P game) with that control scheme would be simply perfect.

of course, for left handed players they should offer a left hand option

No, it would be awful. And I'm right handed.

Hopefully they make a 2D side scroller and don't try putting Sin & Punishment in to an awful control scheme.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If it's another fucking Bangai-O game I swear to god Treasure...

Top Bottom