• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we spend some time to talk about how awesome Sin & Punishment: Star Sucessor is?

GenG3000

Starfox couldn't possibly break down movement and aim like Kid Icarus or Sin & Punishment do. In Starfox, you are in a craft with limited maneuverability so your aiming is relative to the vehicle's position, while in those two games aim and movement are independent and do not affect each other.

This game was awesome and the perfect demonstration of how to use the Wii remote and nunchuck setup. Despite being 'on rails', I would argue this game has more actual gameplay fidelity than most regular shooters just with the range of stuff you have to do. The free movement around the screen and dodges with i-frames, melee attacks to repel incoming fire, charge attacks, and of course the excellent IR aiming all make it a really intense and active experience.

I recently emulated it on Dolphin using a Razer Hydra as a Wiimote replacement so I didn't have to deal with bluetooth and keeping my sensor bar powered. Here's a vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SjegKnlMmQ

It emulates really well and I think would play just as great on mouse and keyboard. It's truly a great game that has one great gameplay hook and nails it. I really hope they make another one.

Starfox couldn't possibly break down movement and aim like Kid Icarus or Sin & Punishment do. In Starfox, you are in a craft with limited maneuverability so your aiming is relative to the vehicle's position, while in those two games aim and movement are independent and do not affect each other.

That's what differentiates a rail shooter from a Cabal-like like Sin & Punishment.

Top Bottom