• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sin And Punishment Developer Treasure Working On 3DS Exclusive

VICI0US

tumblr_m7fwtlBm7I1r6at6oo1_400.gif

hell yeah.

acm2000

dunno why, but when i saw Treasure dubbed as "sin & punishment developer" i wanted to punch the op in the face, Treasure do not need to be dubbed by a recent game! just Treasure are working on an 3ds exclusive game" wouldve done, and anyone on gaf who didnt know who they were should be shot out of a cannon

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Source
Kid Icarus may face tough competition.

Oh shit, glad to hear from Treasure since they've been pretty quiet since Star Successor. Between this and DQ7, oh man fuck it I don't even care about any of the new consoles coming out...

Great news!

Ikaruga and Sin and punishment 2 are both very good shoot'em-ups, rightly so I'm looking forward to seeing their next contribution to the genre.

Actually I would have liked better if they had been working on a Wii U game, still I could do with it.

I wish more people bought S&P2 so we could've got S&P HD with Wii controls.

Treasure is doing Star Fox no doubt. And they have the pedigree to give us something good with what Star Fox offers now.

Now time to get that Guardian Heroes 2. Reminder that the HD version on XBLA is on sale next week. BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!

AntMurda

Treasure is doing Star Fox no doubt. And they have the pedigree to give us something good with what Star Fox offers now.

So Nintendo commissioned another Star Fox game for the 3DS this soon? Nah. Not even remotely logical.

Besides EAD and Treasure don't work together. Only SPD and Treasure.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
pretty much. their STGs are so, so, so overrated

Yeah

My favorite games from them are their Megadrive "trilogy"(Alien Soldier is the best game on the platform) and the Sin and Punishment games. and Guardian Heroes is ok I guess...

Ikaruga is cool, but I'm not a big fan of Bangai-O or Radiant Silvergun at all.

Hopefully "action" title means not shooter. but at the same time I doubt they'd make a 2D game on the 3DS

If it's not Sin and Punishment 3DS I hope it's something original.

bangai-o 3d please.

Please no

I am starting to feel like the 3DS is getting a lot of action games. I don't know why, but it seems like DS = RPGs and adventure/puzzle (i.e. Phoenix Wright and Layton) and 3DS = action.

I couldn't be happier. :p

Also, yay for a Treasure 3DS game. Hopefully it's S&P or even better, Star Fox (lol), but otherwise, their game is 50% guaranteed to be so awesome.

vdlow

I also think that Star Fox is not the game with best chances to be, but the act of thinking about Treasure making a new Star Fox made my day.

Treasure -> Star Fox 3DS
Kamiya -> Star Fox WiiU
I -> go nuts

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Where are people getting the idea that Treasure would be making a new Star Fox?

The games are nothing like anything they've ever made

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah I always forget about Omega Factor.

Easily their best GBA effort and arguably their best use of a licensed property in one of their games

You mean "the best [Star Fox] game [Star Fox Adventures] is nothing like anything they've ever made" which would be a very accurate sentiment.

~~~

oh please don't hate me i was born with bad tastes

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You mean "the best [Star Fox] game [Star Fox Adventures] is nothing like anything they've ever made" which would be a very accurate sentiment.

~~~

oh please don't hate me i was born with bad tastes

I'd argue that none of their games are anything like the original and 64 either. Even Sin and Punishment.

So it just always seemed like a weird association. Especially when people were saying the franchise should be given to them instead of Kamiya in the threads about Kamiya wanting to make a star fox game.

I suppose it's just because Treasure are good at crafting SEUs and they would make a sensible choice for a Starfox game, but as already pointed out, another Starfox game has landed 3DS just a year back or so, hence I think it would be too early.

AntMurda

I'd argue that none of their games are anything like the original and 64 either. Even Sin and Punishment.

So it just always seemed like a weird association. Especially when people were saying the franchise should be given to them instead of Kamiya in the threads about Kamiya wanting to make a star fox game.

Rabid fanboy wet dreams that aren't even based on logic! It just seems nonsensical and a waste of time when people obsess over things like that.

I'm not the biggest fan of Treasure at all. Their shooters are fun for like 3 minutes for me. But if they were involved in a Gradius or Salamander sequel, I would bite.

So Nintendo commissioned another Star Fox game for the 3DS this soon? Nah. Not even remotely logical.

Besides EAD and Treasure don't work together. Only SPD and Treasure.

I always looked at the 3D updates as walking proof of what the 3DS was capable of at that time by updating N64 titles and not franchises that aren't off the table for an actual new entry even this early in the 3DS' life. And this is Treasure we speak of so if they're working on something and we're basing it off their history then Star Fox seems like the logical guess. The only out the way IP of Nintendo's I could even fathom that Treasure could do great work on is Metroid and that's way off the line of possibilities unless Nintendo's ready for Urban Champion or Mach Rider to make a huge comeback. Or it could be one of their own franchises which have already been name dropped in the thread. Possibilities are endless and this is Treasure so it's Day -∞ when it drops. So we'll see.

I also think that Star Fox is not the game with best chances to be, but the act of thinking about Treasure making a new Star Fox made my day.

Treasure -> Star Fox 3DS
Kamiya -> Star Fox WiiU
I -> go nuts

After Bayonetta, Kamiya should never be allowed near a rail shooting game.

vdlow

After Bayonetta, Kamiya should never be allowed near a rail shooting game.

I like the rail sections of Bayonetta. Could be better, but still good. Kamiya handling a whole game focused on rail shooting would surely be a lot better than the Bayonetta sections.

Top Bottom