• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Nintendo Power cover revealed

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
beautiful final cover, it really gives you a sense of closure

that "Poster inside!" is what really got me. As if nothing had really changed..

Fucking sad. Loved the massive amounts of magazine options back in the 90s. I would submit a Pokemon team to NP almost every month hoping I would get published.

Reading the Wiki, makes me think Nester the magazine mascot should be in the next Smash Bros., especially considering he had his own game on Virtual Boy.

It just hit me.
The pole.

dwight_crying.gif

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Aww, now we wait for a better and unofficial Nintendo magazine. :D

Bentendo

What about the pole?

Signifying the end of the level. :(

God, why. This is just... sad. When I wrote stuff on the Nintendo Wiki I would write articles on all of the Nintendo Power issues, writers, history of the magazine and what not. I was obsessed with the magazine and its importance to the industry. Read the Game Over book, it goes into its beginnings in detail.

Adios NP, you'll ALWAYS be the best magazine that ever existed.

haikira

I don't think I've ever bought an issue of Nintendo Power. I still find this pretty sad though. It's a nice homage.

Hero

Bowser flag raised... GAME OVER

That's what I thought people were implying at first...then I read these replies:

Signifying the end of the level. :(

God, why. This is just... sad. When I wrote stuff on the Nintendo Wiki I would write articles on all of the Nintendo Power issues, writers, history of the magazine and what not. I was obsessed with the magazine and its importance to the industry. Read the Game Over book, it goes into its beginnings in detail.

Adios NP, you'll ALWAYS be the best magazine that ever existed.

Goal pole is reached at what point in the level?

Now I'm even sadder. :( Damn.

Fuck. I don't want it to end. NP is one of the few things I still excited about each month. Even after 22 years as a subscriber. :(

Top Bottom