• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes announced for Fall '13

Marvel super heroes are assembling for an action-packed, brick-smashing good time! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Marvel Entertainment announced today that "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" will be available beginning Fall 2013 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, the Wii U system and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS handheld system, Nintendo 3DS handheld system and PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system. "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" is the first instalment in the highly successful LEGO videogame franchise to feature famous Marvel characters.

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes," coming Fall 2013
"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" complements the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes construction toy collection, which brings the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel’s renowned universe to the world of LEGO build-and-play adventure. There are currently eight iconic scenes from the X-Men, Iron Man and Spider-Man franchises available and more construction sets tied to the new "Iron Man 3" feature film will launch later this spring.
"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes spanning the Marvel Universe to save Earth from such threats as the vengeance of Loki and the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds. LEGO and Marvel fans will enjoy classic LEGO videogame adventure and humor, while playing as their favorite Marvel characters.
“We’re very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in 'LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,'” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games Publishing. “Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe.”
“Fans of both LEGO and Marvel have wanted this game for years, and we’re addressing that demand with more Marvel Universe characters than ever in a console game,” said TQ Jefferson, Vice President, Games Production, Marvel Entertainment. “If you’re a fan of Spider-Man, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy or scores of other Marvel characters, this is the game for you.”
In "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes," players will unlock more than 100 characters from across the Marvel Universe, including fan favorites like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and Galactus! The game will pack in a plethora of super-cool character abilities, combat-like action sequences, epic battle scenes, puzzle-solving and a unique story told with playful LEGO humor.
"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. For more information, please visit http://videogames.lego.com/en-us/lego-marvel-super-heroes.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/19916/lego_marvel_super_heroes_on_the_way#ixzz2HOiMJyfh

Source: http://marvel.com/news/story/19916/lego_marvel_super_heroes_on_the_way

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Want.

Possible next gen cross over?

legomarvelsuperheroes_950.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

sakipon

Nice, a Wii U version. Waiting for more details on that one, hopefully it atleast features a great off-TV play (since the portable Lego games are generally considered bad versions).

FoneBone

I guess it's not that surprising after LEGO Pirates, but still damn weird to see WBIE working on a Marvel game...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wii U first Lego game! And no Wii version in sight...but there's still a DS SKU :lol

I guess it's not that surprising after LEGO Pirates, but still damn weird to see WBIE working on a Marvel game...

Yeah, it's actually quite surprising to see them working on IP that directly competes with WB's own.

On another note, Vita's announced/known Western third-party lineup for this year now consists entirely of Lego games. That will presumably change somewhat in the coming months, but it's amusingly strange.

JoshHood

YUSSSSS! Kinda surprised to see this from TT when Warner does so much with the DC franchises, but hey, not complaining.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Deadpool is such a great fit for the Lego-universe! I hope he calls on the other Deadpools from other Universes too...

LOCK

Lego City is bad enough now this. My nephew is already bugging me to get him a Wii U. If he finds out about this game I won't hear the end of it...lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
cross-play/cross-buy sure would be cool with this...

Maybe since this is newer, the Vita version will actually be open. I assume this will be open world too since that's their new formula.
Thats like the 4th Lego game that is set to be released this year. Bloody Hell!

1st one for 360/PS3 though.

The fact that this press release namedrops Guardians of the Galaxy is getting me all excited at the prospect of Lego Groot. Count me in.

18-Volt

I thought next Lego game would be Lego TMNT... But this will do fine too, even better when there are a lot of X-men characters, including the Vindicator.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The fact that this press release namedrops Guardians of the Galaxy is getting me all excited at the prospect of Lego Groot. Count me in.

If it was 5 years ago, I'd agree, but they've got a movie coming out. GOTG is going to be a big deal.

I'm hoping for Lego Beta Ray Bill. And Lego Black Bolt. OH MY GOD, I can already imagine the Black Bolt scene. 'Hey Lego's can talk now!' Lego Black Bolt opens his mouth to talk, 'NOOOOOOO'

Rootbeer

Banned
I hope this does not have pre-order exclusive characters like LEGO Batman 2 had.

Unless you can buy them as DLC at a later date

Anyway, i'm excited. The LEGO games get better with each new game. LEGO LotR is fantastic, even better than LEGO Batman 2 which itself was a huge step forward for TT Games. And soon we are getting LEGO City Undercover which, as previews are pretty clearly showing, demonstrates these LEGO games have a lot to offer and aren't solely targeted towards kids.

Praying for LEGO TMNT next... but it's not as huge in scope as Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Harry Potter... but boy it would be awesome.

Tenki

Great. I haven't played LEGO LotR yet, but I love the other games. Will get this and LEGO City day one :)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Game Informer said:
Some said a collaboration between Marvel and TT Games could never happen. Apparently, nobody told the studio behind the popular series of Lego games. After all, Warner Bros. is the parent company of both TT Games and DC Comics, which made many people assume that a Marvel Lego game was off the table. As our cover story shows, those people were wrong. Our February issue delves into Lego Marvel Super Heroes, a new game that’s the result of those unlikely partnerships. Our extended feature focuses on all things Lego, including the exciting new Marvel game, a deeper look at Lego City Undercover, and loads of information about the studio that started it all.

TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P8c-9pM7VPA

gami_238_cover_front.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/01/08/february-cover-revealed-lego.aspx

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
My kids have been asking for this since Batman 2. I hope they actually finish it and test it, unlike LoTR which is a buggy mess.

NeonZ

With more than 100 characters, I wonder if some Squadron Supreme members can make it in for pseudo-crossovers? Superman, Batman, WonderWoman! I mean, Hyperion, Nighthawk, Power Princess!

Bazza

Awesome, i love the lego games so simple yet all really fun. most interested in the next star wars game but this will fill the void.

Top Bottom