• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes announced for Fall '13

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I'm finishing up Lego Batman 2...

HELL YES! But please debug that shit, having the last boss glitch on you every fucking time because you happen to play the game in coop sucks. I'm an adult so I can manage looking up the internet for solving this kind of problem but I can't imagine the frustration it could lead to for kids, the target audience of these games.

JoshHood

I'm finishing up Lego Batman 2...

HELL YES! But please debug that shit, having the last boss glitch on you every fucking time because you happen to play the game in coop sucks. I'm an adult so I can manage looking up the internet for solving this kind of problem but I can't imagine the frustration it could lead to for kids, the target audience of these games.

Yeah, was going for the platinum in Harry Potter 1-4, did almost everything then realised one of the "unlock characters x,y and z" trophies hadn't unlocked. I'd go back through and grab them on a new save or something, but one of them is in the last year, hidden in something you need an expensive character unlock for. Screw doing that again!

OT: I'm guessing we can pretty much assume PS4, New Xbox versions of this at launch if history is anything to go by, right?

My nephew got Marvel Lego at Xmas and I said to my brother there would be a game coming for sure.

if they really want money though, they need to do a LEGO DC/Marvel crossover.

bryanee

Man I didnt think it would happen but here it is. I hope its as good as Lego Batman 2 because that game is brilliant. Bring it on.

Hopefully it has a huge open world like Gotham in Batman 2.

Zzoram

I desperately want a new Marvel Ultimate Alliance type game. So good.

The LEGO games are usually funny and good but too easy.

Are the LEGO games any good singleplayer? I've always held off from playing them since they never seem to support online co-op.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are the LEGO games any good singleplayer? I've always held off from playing them since they never seem to support online co-op.

Depends on how much fan service and collecting shiny dots appeal to you.

I'd never go as far to call those games 'fun', but they're okay, and they can appeal to collectathon types. It's mostly about the fan service, tbh. But they do the best fan service in the biz.

Currently having a lot of fun with Lego LotR. I see no reason why Marvel Superheroes can't blow Ultimate Alliance out of the water.

MAtgS

Avengers 2 & Justice League movies in 2015, would be the perfect time to release a crossover game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy fuck at that roster. What's your source for that?

LEGO Batman 2 was amazing and I still haven't played Lego LOTR yet :(

God 2013 is filling up with games I want fast.

Holy fuck at that roster. What's your source for that?

LEGO Batman 2 was amazing and I still haven't played Lego LOTR yet :(

God 2013 is filling up with games I want fast.

Actually I'm taking down the roster until I find a better source than the wiki I found it on.

Slayven

Avengers 2 & Justice League movies in 2015, would be the perfect time to release a crossover game.

Doubt that would happen. 1 DC and Marvel corporate ain't as friendly as they use to be. 2 Justice League looks like it tank.

NeonZ

Doubt that would happen. 1 DC and Marvel corporate ain't as friendly as they use to be. 2 Justice League looks like it tank.

Warner owns DC though, they're irrelevant. Warner only needs to get Marvel's permission to do something like that.

ElRenoRaven

Will buy without a doubt. Other then everyone Batman but Robin I am not a huge DC fan. I'll Take Marvel any day of the week.

8bit

Knows the Score
My nephew got Marvel Lego at Xmas and I said to my brother there would be a game coming for sure.

if they really want money though, they need to do a LEGO DC/Marvel crossover.

How about importing unlocked DC characters into Lego Marvel instead or as DLC?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I love the Lego games and invariably the source product or license.

Licensing/Pub agreement is an interesting one, but at least this is happening! :)

abundant

Got my issue. Here's some basic info.

- Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Loki, Black Widow, Spiderman, Deadpool, and Wolverine are the only confirmed characters so far.
- Dr. Doom, Magneto, Green Goblin, and Sandman are hinted at.
- New York City is the hub world and over the course of the game, parts of it will be damaged and you can help rebuild it.
- Story is basically Loki and possibly Dr. Doom team up to take down the Avengers.
- 100 playable characters
- Hulk and Spiderman are the most unique characters right now. You can websling whenever you like. Stages have to be built around Hulk's size.

That's it for now.

antonz

Will be very interesting to see how this goes. Lego has found a pretty comfy home on Nintendo consoles. Shocked they are bothering with a Vita version

Pociask

Well looks like I'm about the thousandth person to immediately leap from "Lego Marvel? Cool!" to "NOW MAKE LEGO DC vs. MARVEL DO IT DO IT DO IT"

Which makes me think it can't be that bad an idea. Ultimate Marvel vs. DC Unlimited? 1000 characters?

ANYWAY... pretty psyched about it. Whoever said 4 player coop needs to happen, +1 to you, and make it online co-op, please.

Hearing him casually namedrop Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and the early Neversoft Spider-Man games, you know they've got the right mindset going into this.

My thoughts exactly, So it looks like they are trying to take a lot of influence from games that got heroes right in the past. I never got into a LEGO game before (my bros bought the Batman games, but I never touched them.)

So is maskless Wolverine more identifiable by the kids now or what? It seems weird that they would do the costume, but no mask.

Top Bottom