• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf's Game of the Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this generation of consoles coming to an eventual end, the question of the "game of the generation" gets asked around. So my question is the following: will Neogaf have an official "Game of the Generation" event ? I personally hope so. This generation has gone on for so long that I feel we have an obligation, as video game enthusiasts, to acknowledge and reward what greatness it has given us. In the same way we do so every year, we need to do the same for the entire seventh generation of video game consoles; that is, the 360, Wii and PS3 (and PC games released during that time). I want to do so and I know I am not the only one.

So, what say you, Gaf ? Have the mods and Evilore talked about this ? I searched but didn't find anything. Of course, we should wait until the last two consoles are released before initiating the procedures.

This needs to be done, and it needs to be done right.

Shaffield

will handhelds be excluded?
I dont think they should be, DS and PSP were certainly a big part of the generation.

Pokemon HG/SS, of course

Deadstar

My vote is Demon's Souls. It changed single player games that weave in multiplayer forever and is one of the best games ever made.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The most fun I've had all generation:
X11c2MV.png

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I would say Bioshock, Uncharted 2, Crysis, Skyrim, Mass Effect 2, and a few others would be good candidates.

I couldn't pick just one personally though. And on a Personal level I would say the Halo games as well, but I know the shitstorm that would create here.

Too early for this thread. Wait until the end of this year or next year.

There are so many potentially amazing games this year that could take the crown; The Last of Us, GTA V, Bioshock: Infinite, MGS Revengeance, etc.

noffles

Banned
It'd probably be more interesting to vote on the best game of the generation that isn't Dark Souls. Everyone's got their dick so far up FromSoftware's arse that it's pointless to vote any other way.

PolishQ

Another vote for Dark Souls. No other game has more engrossed me in its world and lore, probably not since FFXII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom