• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf's Game of the Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMink

Demons Souls

If voting, it'd be between galaxy and uc2.

Yeah, pretty much Dark Souls.

It is Demon's Souls.

My vote goes to Dark Souls.

the dark souls have it

My vote is Demon's Souls. It changed single player games that weave in multiplayer forever and is one of the best games ever made.

Mirrors Edge or Demons Souls

Don't see the point in making a thread when the answer is clearly Dark Souls.

Its Demon's or Dark Souls.

So we need to find a consensus of a game of the generation?

Dark Souls beeeeotch

Guys. Dark Souls.

It's over.

It's Dark Souls.

Page one haha, but yeah there is no way we can just couple demons and dark in one?

Dali

Has there ever been a game of the generation here... or anywhere for that matter? What was last gen's?

Shaffield

Too early for this thread. Wait until the end of this year or next year.

There are so many potentially amazing games this year that could take the crown.

yeah, definitely
I'm sure several Japanese companies will still be releasing PS3 games well into 2014

Jarmel

Banned
It'd probably be more interesting to vote on the best game of the generation that isn't Dark Souls. Everyone's got their dick so far up FromSoftware's arse that it's pointless to vote any other way.

I actually don't think it would win anyway. Uncharted 2 would probably be the frontrunner.

No dammit, us souls fans have to unite and say Dark. We cant be split among ourselves!!!!!

my first reaction was to say demon's, but i would be cool with dark. to be honest i havent played demons since playing through dark a few times, so it may be time for a replay to see how they compare.

Derrick01

Banned
I can guarantee it'll go to some game that really doesn't deserve it like Dark Souls.

Or worse we'll bring back one of the games that won goty like MGS 4.

iMax

DukeNukemForever.jpg

lol jk

Vire

Has there ever been a game of the generation here... or anywhere for that matter? What was last gen's?

Last Gen?

Halo CE
Metroid Prime
Resident Evil 4
Shadow of Colossus
Windwaker

Pick anyone of those.

For me personally, this gen:

Mass Effect 2
Red Dead Redemption
Super Mario Galaxy

Codeblue

It'd probably be more interesting to vote on the best game of the generation that isn't Dark Souls. Everyone's got their dick so far up FromSoftware's arse that it's pointless to vote any other way.

Dark Souls didn't even win GotY the year it came out.

I can guarantee it'll go to some game that really doesn't deserve it like Dark Souls.

Or worse we'll bring back one of the games that won goty like MGS 4.

What does deserve it?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Haha, what is this? Looks like it's Kinect controlled. I love that his guts are just loosely hanging around in his chest cavity.

Anyways, since no else one else is bothering to write anything, I'll just join in and post this as my choice:

G0XlPro.jpg

Because it's so simple, but so much fun. Because only a cold hearted scumbag would be unable to enjoy a Peggle Party with friends. Because of that rare PopCap charm. Because the characters, like the little badass squirrel on a skateboard, are classic and it's just bursting with colors and energy. Because the sense of positive feedback is incredible. Because hitting the last peg as Ode to Joy blasts never fails to feel triumphant.

(honestly, it's too hard to really choose one game when I can think of at least several contenders that are so different from each other that they simply couldn't be compared...)

Sax_Man

Banned
The GAF hivemind will be in full effect for Dark/Demons for this one, but there's no question for me - Team Fortress 2.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
999?
Infinite Space?
Consoles only, pshhh.

I honestly can't say there are so many good games this gen, I really couldn't pick anything that just stood above the rest as a clear best of the best.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
You Demon's Souls people are some Ralph Nader-voting, vote-splitting motherfuckers. Demon's was great, Dark was better.

tmarques

It's funny, I played many, many great games this generation but nothing that would make my all-time Top 10.

Maybe Rock Band.

Feep

Banned
Shadow of the Colossus, Super Mario Galaxy, and Bioshock are contenders.

I don't see the appeal in Dark Souls. I just don't. Played it for four hours. And I normally like masochistic games, like F-Zero GX Hard Story Mode or Jumper 2 or full-chaining Ikaruga and shit.

RM8

Super Paper Mario
Demon's Souls
Super Street Fighter IV
Kirby Mass Attack
Dragon Quest IX

Not sure :(

Ugh, I heavily dislike the Demon/Dark Souls games.
I'll go with Brawl or, hell, even Bayonetta is fine.

Edit: Oh, how could I forget Red Dead Redemption. That's also an option.

Meier

Metroid Prime for last generation.
Red Dead Redemption or Super Mario Galaxy for this generation.

Edit: Weird that the three other people who suggested Red Dead before me also said Mario Galaxy. Nice taste, gents.

My heart is with Metal Gear Solid 4, but there is definitely a list of games which, it should be argued, could win the award. I know it's easy to let our emotions run awild and pick our personal favorite game, but we need to try to be objective as much as we can. Here's my list:

-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Bioshock
-Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (it has to be on the list, guys. Just for influence and impact alone)
-Mass Effect 2
-Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario Galaxy 2 (one of these should be on the list; I'm having a hard time choosing one over the other)

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom