• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf's Game of the Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

Bayonetta

But if we talk in terms of pure personal preference no matter what other thinks etc, is Lords of Shadow for me.

MajorPain

For me it would have to go to the game that had the biggest impact this generation.

I would have to say that would be COD: Modern Warfare

This may not be the best game but it has definitely had one of the biggest impacts on this generation.

Hindle

Banned
I can guarantee it'll go to some game that really doesn't deserve it like Dark Souls.

Or worse we'll bring back one of the games that won goty like MGS 4.

I'm surprised you don't like Dark Souls. Seeing as its all about the gameplay and very deep the gameplay is at that.

Best stay with scripted games dude :D

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
nier.jpg

The one and only GOAT

spekkeh

Banned
Would be scared that it wouldn't be Mario Galaxy, in which case NeoGAF has nothing left to do apart from abolishing itself.

Lets do it. Just like GOTY but the whole gen.

MGS4 for me.

Whats with all the Dark Souls? It didnt even win gaf GOTY?

BTW Zelda TP is what gen?

Burnburn

Does no one read the OP?

Yes a GotG could be fun, but when does a generation end? I mean after the 720 and PS4 get released there will still be games released for the PS360WII.

Nert

An official vote (with a comment requirement) once the 360 and PS3 are no longer "current gen" would be very interesting indeed. The split between Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and the split between Demon's Souls and Dark Souls will probably prevent all four of those games from winning the top spot, but I can't say that with complete certainty.

Seda

My top five, in some order, is The Last Remnant, Valkyria Chronicles, Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together, Alpha Protocol, and Tales of Vesperia.

Edit: Make it top six and throw Xenoblade in there somewhere.

ibnSXejugzZtIT.jpg

Currently my Game of Forever, so there's my vote. A character I wanted to learn more about, a gorgeous world worth exploring and getting lost in, and a story that kept me coming back.

Runners up: Skyrim, Burnout Paradise/Forza Horizon.

My heart is with Metal Gear Solid 4, but there is definitely a list of games which, it should be argued, could win the award. I know it's easy to let our emotions run awild and pick our personal favorite game, but we need to try to be objective as much as we can. Here's my list:

-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Bioshock
-Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (it has to be on the list, guys. Just for influence and impact alone)
-Mass Effect 2
-Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario Galaxy 2 (one of these should be on the list; I'm having a hard time choosing one over the other)

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

we absolutely do not have to be objective. in fact, i am not even sure what that means in this context.

StuBurns

Banned
Just to check, I take it we didn't do this at the end of the last generation? Because that could be a fun thread we could certainly do now.

Dunan

Assassin's Creed 2; nothing that Ubi has done to the series since then can take away from its excellence.

Close behind are Valkyria Chronicles and Nier.

Celegus

I can't decide if I like Demon's or Dark Souls better, but I'll gladly back whichever has a better chance of winning. Most likely Dark Souls.

StuBurns

Banned
Has this generation already ended? Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us may lay claim to the title.
OP, when are you suggesting the thread happen?

EDIT: And Bayonetta has far too much filler garbage in it, maybe Bayo 2, but I forbid Bayo 1 from winning.

BibiMaghoo

Metal Gear Solid 4

War, has changed.

Never has any game, ever, been created with such utter fan service in mind.
Even though ironically, many of those fans hated the game for it.

Dark Souls was good, but Demons was the better of the two. It's a shame that some people only got to play Dark. Both the games had issues, and neither would get my vote.

Honorable mentions go to:

Uncharted 2
Hitman Absolution
Yes, really.
Burnout Paradise
Red Dead Redemption

Biggest failure of the gen:

Final Fantasy, assuming Lightning Returns doesn't buck the trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom