• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf's Game of the Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another vote for Bayonetta here. I dont think it should be narrowed down to previous GOTY winners. Sometimes a game is better in retrospect. (or worse)

Whats with all the Dark Souls? It didnt even win gaf GOTY?

It's one of those slow burn games that gains more popularity as time passes. Honestly Dark Souls wasn't my GOTY at the time of voting in 2011, but if we did a revote it would take the top spot no question.

Also now it has PC-GAF behind it.

Does this count? Because this would be my pick....for second generation in a row.

residentevil4mcopyboxart_160w.jpg

I really hope one of the music games makes it on the list. Either GHIII or Rock Band 2 (preferably the latter). RB2 is pretty much a perfect game, even though I haven't touched it in a long time.

ShutEye

This really needs to happen after this year's big current gen releases. There is enough coming out in 2013 that could plausibly be considered. Autumn at the earliest.

And I suspect I'll be voting for RDR.

We should rather use this thread to settle when to take the vote than just have some random votes.

This shit ain't taking off without Cheesemeister and timetokill anyway.

Limanima

The generation isn't over yet. The Last Guardian will take the prize!!
That or the Vaporware Of The Generation... One of those.

Verendus

Banned
Uncharted 2.

Everyone else is wrong. Shame on you for being wrong. Maybe one day you'll stop being so wrong. Maybe when you can stop being wrong, you can start being right.

Uncharted 2. Game of the Generation.

Bitches leave.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm surprised you don't like Dark Souls. Seeing as its all about the gameplay and very deep the gameplay is at that.

Best stay with scripted games dude :D

You act like I'm supposed to like Dark Souls just because it's a rare modern game that focuses on gameplay. It still has to be a great game too, I don't give bonus points for trying.

Anyway I'll pick Fallout New Vegas knowing full well it'll probably get 10 votes at best. Anyone who's been here long enough knows not to put much stock in our lists.

How was Dark Soul not the first post? Far and ahead the best game of the generation and easily among the best in history.

Honorable mention goes to New Vegas.

volpone

Banned
Super Mario Galaxy 1/2.

Mario's still the king.

Edit: Playthrough of Dark Souls pending. Bought a copy for my brother at christmas, will have to wait until term is over until I can finally have a go. Never new gaf loved it that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom