• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami would "absolutely" consider Castelvania: Mirror of Fate HD/console version

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...And how did you know it, Sammy? Who said it to you?

Well, I dropped a hint about this last month or so.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46189795&postcount=75

I didn't want to leak anything because I thought it would hurt the 3DS version, but obviously Mr Cox doesn't care, so...

Yes, it's coming to PS3, 360, Wii U and PC.

Any time frame on that? Also, how do you know?

Anyway, good to see Konami following the Capcom Wii U strategy of porting 3DS games instead of games from more comparable systems, or, god forbid, making new games.

You will get a different Nintendo port though! Not a very surprising one, but still.

Enough of this.

From Konami? Elebits? Dewy's?

Re: MoF HD: I have little reason to doubt that it'll happen, but I'd be pretty surprised to see a Wii U version given what seems to be Konami's general stance on core games for the platform ("no chance" of LoS2, KojiPro controller excuses).

Malvingt2

Mr Cox is in trouble now...

nintendo_ninja_thumb.png

Given the state of third-party support for Vita, I honestly can't think of a Nintendo platform port that would be particularly unsurprising. Rayman Legends, maybe?

...Yeah, I'd go with that. It's the one recent/upcoming third-party exclusive for a Nintendo platform I can think of that many (most) people are expecting to go multiplatform.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
3DS version of MoF bomba confirmed because people had to open their mouths.
Seriously, Cox is an idiot. I've had the game pre-ordered for months but I think I'm just going to cancel it. The game wasn't going to light the charts on fire but now its really going to tank.

Arla

Well, they've delayed my purchase of the game for at least a year. Appreciate the honesty though.

I knew Revelations was going to get ported so I never considered buying for 3DS but I didn't expect MoF to be ported.

wrowa

Well, it's become kind of a tradition to play Castlevanias on handhelds, so I'm still more inclined to pick up the 3DS version if they've improved the game consoderably. The E3/gamescom demo was pretty terrible and a chore to play, so if they fail to deliver a good game on 3DS they've got at least another chance to improve themselves with the ports.

Bizarre choices if true. Wouldn't sell for crap on a home console unless it was budget priced.

But then there's supposedly not a big enough audience for LOS2 on Wii U despite the CV series having a long, long history with Nintendo.

I do appreciate the honesty though, regardless. It's better than the alternative bullshit "we might actually have to try and stuff" answer.

ArjanN

Saying "We have the hd version of the game on our PCs" hardly is speculation...

Well, he also says uses words like 'consider', so it's technically not a 100% confirmation.

Well with his comment in consideration though, they got Nintendo to help pay for a 2D HD Castlevania to release on competing platforms.

Can they also get Nintendo to do the same for Bayonetta 2? :p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The fact that Konami is giving no support at all to Wii U...aside from this, possibly, and RE:R Unveiled Edition SKUs makes me think that the Nintendo exclusivity contract allows for ports of 3DS titles after a little amount of time, BUT with two conditions

1)No Vita
2)There must be a Wii U SKU

The fact that Konami is giving no support at all to Wii U...aside from this, possibly, and RE:R Unveiled Edition SKUs makes me think that the Nintendo exclusivity contract allows for ports of 3DS titles after a little amount of time, BUT with two conditions

1)No Vita
2)There must be a Wii U SKU

Here's a question: When did Konami and Capcom last announce anything for Vita? Anything at all, including multiplatform DD titles?

I don't think they need Nintendo exclusivity contracts to convince them to not support the platform.

Spiegel

Here's a question: When did Konami and Capcom last announce anything for Vita? Anything at all, including multiplatform DD titles?

I don't think they need Nintendo exclusivity contracts to convince them to not support the platform.

Konami:

Pro Yakyū Spirits 2013 one or two months ago.

Outside of that game, when did Konami last announce anything for any platform?
Ground Zeroes in August?

JDSN

Banned
Excelent thing to say to round up your fanbase and guarantee great sales for your unreleased game! Konami gotta Konami.

seady

Unless they sell it digital at $20 and the 3DS version getting very good review, or else no one would give a crap.

Castlevania is no Resident Evil in popularity.

Konami:

Pro Yakyū Spirits 2013 one or two months ago.

Outside of that game, when did Konami last announce anything for any platform?
Ground Zeroes in August?

Crap, I forgot about that one.

But given that (AFAIK) it was the sole Vita title announced in 2012, and that KojiPro's announced post-MGSHD Vita support appears to have been quietly cancelled, I don't think it disproves my point.

Unless they sell it digital at $20 and the 3DS version getting very good review, or else no one would give a crap.

Castlevania is no Resident Evil in popularity.
You mean THIS shitty Castlevania that nobody asked for, right?

I think Dawn of Sorrow sold more than Revelations in the US. Other Igavanias did well too, I'm not sure, someone help me out here. They usually bomb in Japan though, Lords of Shadow sold waaay more than 2D Castlevanias . :(

Hero

So then someone else replied:

so it's absolutely, 100%, not currently in development or planned for any platform other than 3DS, period?

To which he responded:

100% not planned or in development for any other system.

Top Bottom