• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Codeblue

You're a noob. :p

SwitchAxe is my most used weapon with the Long Sword following it closely behind.

I actually don't mind long swords this time around, maybe I just haven't run into any bad ones yet. I've run into plenty of awful Bows that impede any sort of attack with perpetual explosive volleys.

Made the Kelbi slingshot for fun, since I had all the components, took it to try it out on Alatreon and it just wrecked that poor thing like it was nothing lol With the right skills the weapon is super powerful, could say too powerful, but it saves a lot of time on farming Ala :D

ramyeon

Nice, we made it to the new thread.

Been meaning to get into making the Guild X armour to go charm farming. That's the one made with stuff you get from arena quests, right?

Korosenai

Nah, he is just joking around. :p

Well the Chainslaughter is a Thunder element Long Sword, so going for the Bolt Axe wouldn't be a bad idea.
Yea that's what I was thinking. I really like Switch Axes too, they're all I use.
Bolt Axe. Longs swords are for Nubs.
Oh I see what you did there, and I like it.

But seriously, this Chainslaughter is awesome. I'm really liking it, first time using a long sword too.

Still continuing my solo only game attempt.

Nearly had my first ever triple cart on G-rank Green Plesioth of all things. Just wasn't really feeling it at all. Half watching Mad Men at the same time probably didn't help D:

I'm thinking of getting this game. Played the demo last night and it was pretty fun. I'm horrible at it though. It took me three attempts to kill the "easy" monster. :p

Would this game be worth picking up just for single player?

DaBoss

I'm thinking of getting this game. Played the demo last night and it was pretty fun. I'm horrible at it though. It took me three attempts to kill the "easy" monster. :p

Yes, it is really fun and that is what I'm doing. Though I'm an MH fan, so I'm a bit biased. :p

Korosenai

This is my first MH and I had a lot of trouble with the demo as well, but the game is amazing. The demo isnt really friendly to noobies, but the real game does an excellent job slowly showing you everything and how to play.

In short, buy the game, you wont regret it.

Yes, it is really fun and that is what I'm doing. Though I'm an MH fan, so I'm a bit biased. :p

This is my first MH and I had a lot of trouble with the demo as well, but the game is amazing. The demo isnt really friendly to noobies, but the real game does an excellent job slowly showing you everything and how to play.

In short, buy the game, you wont regret it.

Thanks for the quick responses. Would you recommend using the Gamepad or Pro controller? I feel like the Pro would be better, but then I miss out on off tv play. I would also have to buy the pro since I don't have one.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thanks for the quick responses. Would you recommend using the Gamepad or Pro controller? I feel like the Pro would be better, but then I miss out on off tv play. I would also have to buy the pro since I don't have one.

It doesn't really matter. If you use the gamepad you can put stuff like the map and health bars on it's screen.

DaBoss

I'm playing on the 3DS XL, so I don't know how it plays with the Gamepad.

I played Tri using a Classic Controller Pro and it was good. Not sure if you mean the Wii U Pro controller or not.

ramyeon

5 HR Agnaks capped. Still no Lava Nugget. What am I doing wrong?
You should be mining off Uragaan's back ;)

They're only a 8% drop rate from Agana's head. And they're not a capture reward so you may as well be killing it. Uragaan is faster and has it as a capture reward as well as his back for mining.

Kyzon

I still have no G-Rank Gunner Armor. It's taking too long to farm more Green Narga shizzle D:

It's not going to happen tonight either I'm sure.

I'm about to take the GF on some hunts with me on high rank :p

I'm playing on the 3DS XL, so I don't know how it plays with the Gamepad.

I played Tri using a Classic Controller Pro and it was good. Not sure if you mean the Wii U Pro controller or not.

Sorry I forgot to specify what system I'd be playing on. I'll probably just stick with the gamepad. I can see myself putting a lot of time into this game going by the demo.

DaBoss

Still only 8% drop though. Uragaan has more chances to get them, it'd be silly to fight Agnak instead.

I was talking about Uragaan's face lol. No seriously, it is stupid.

Anyone perhaps know how to transfer 3ds save data from the cart to the system itself? Friend wants to know how.

If you mean retail to digital, I think there is an eShop application that does cart to SD card. You can't transfer from SD card to cart though.

Mupod

Sorry I forgot to specify what system I'd be playing on. I'll probably just stick with the gamepad. I can see myself putting a lot of time into this game going by the demo.

The gamepad is fine, but I use the pro controller because the gamepad's battery life is just not up to the task of this game.

Mileena

Banned
I still have no G-Rank Gunner Armor. It's taking too long to farm more Green Narga shizzle D:

It's not going to happen tonight either I'm sure.

I'm about to take the GF on some hunts with me on high rank :p

btw I tried joining you and I got an error four times in a row. Wasn't happening on other rooms, weird.

The gamepad is fine, but I use the pro controller because the gamepad's battery life is just not up to the task of this game.

Oh hadn't thought about that. I'll just see how the gamepad does and if I run into problems then I'll pick up the pro.

Got a Lagia sapphire on my first Ivory Lagia battle today must be a lucky day.

Oh hadn't thought about that. I'll just see how the gamepad does and if I run into problems then I'll pick up the pro.

I always dreaded using the gamepad to play the game at first but after 15 mins of use the first day i started, I save myself 50 bucks as the pad is fine though I usually just leave it plugged in when I play so the battery life is not an issue.

Quadratic

If anyone is from Toronto I'm getting some people from TO-GAF to come out to a bar to local Co-Op MonHun. It's going to be at 6pm May 10th @ the Beer Station in the Annex. Check the discussion over in OT community here It's mainly for social low level hunting but if any G rank people want to show up Evil Mario is someone who has logged a ton of hours into the game. Good chance to meet local gamers, have a few beers and hunt. Send me a PM if you're interested, I can send over details that way.

ryz

Ivory Lagiacrus just dropped two plates and two sapphires in one run. Thing is, i don't need them. Dat desire sensor

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Looks like we're getting a little Toronto-GAF meetup going for Monster Hunter in a couple of weeks. All those 3DS only players will finally experience real monster hunting.

tengiants

hate it when high rankers join low rank missions.

Just curious.. why? I haven't played much online but it seems like it might be nice here and there, if only for a preview of what's to come. I guess taking the challenge out of it would be disappointing for sure.

Luigiv

Finally got a Wii U and the game and I know need some hunting buddies. Anyone want to add me? NNID: LuigiV.

Riposte

Just curious.. why? I haven't played much online but it seems like it might be nice here and there, if only for a preview of what's to come. I guess taking the challenge out of it would be disappointing for sure.

indeed, i'm not in this to find the quckiest path to loot, i want to be challenged.

finding rooms has been tough too. no good filters in place it seems. forget whether i had trouble with tri or not.

Neverfade

Can someone help me understand what the fuck is going on here? I'm playing the demo and I'm pretty baffled.

Are the controls really this obtuse?

Why is shield block right bumper??

What does right trigger do? All I can discern is that it makes a noise.

Why is the start button a goddamn attack?

Why did I get a defense boost? Or an attack boost? Did I do something good?

I beat on that Abominable snow wombat for almost 10 minutes of the demo and still failed. Am I doing something wrong?

WHYYY

Satch

Banned
Can someone help me understand what the fuck is going on here? I'm playing the demo and I'm pretty baffled.

I beat on that Abominable snow wombat for almost 10 minutes of the demo and still failed. Am I doing something wrong?

WHYYY

maybe you should try longsword

WHYYY

1. Yes.
2. Depends on the weapon. But ya, I dunno.
3. Playing on the 3DS, so no clue.
4. Good question.
5. Cha-cha likely cast it on you.
6. A lot, probably.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Yes. They're also quite fun.

Dunno, I don't play that lame-o weapon.

It sets/unsets the Target Cam on the monster. Pressing L will center the camera on the monster instead of in front of you.

Kick? It's not an attack really, it's for getting teammates out of stunned states. And for dicking around when the quest is complete.

Cha-Cha and Kayamba do dances that can boost your attack, defence, and health, among other things like attacking the monster and kicking you when you're stunned/asleep.

With Monster Hunter, even for adept players the answer is usually "yes."

Because developing skill is awesome.

Top Bottom