• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Putty Squad coming to X360-PS3-WiiU-PC-PSV-3DS this Summer

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Is it just me or does this look like something you'd find in the shareware section of a PC Gamer demo disc circa 1997? There are box arts indicating it is a retail release, too.

http://youtu.be/5QTS7zihLTQ

System 3 reveals Putty Squad’s comeback in new teaser trailer
Teaser trailer unleashes the return of the blue hero Putty, in the fun-filled Putty Squad, coming summer 2013

London, United Kingdom – May 15, 2013: The UK’s most successful independent games publisher, System 3, is proud to announce the return of gaming’s most loved stretchy blue blob this summer, in the revolutionary platform action-adventure, Putty Squad.

The critically acclaimed Putty Squad first made its way on gamers screens on the Amiga in 1992 and now the old-skool hero, Putty, returns to celebrate System 3’s 30th year anniversary. Putty once again takes on a stirring quest to rescue his kidnapped friends in a reinvigorated and reimaged modern platform game.

“Working on such a prestigious title again and to bring it up-to-date, brings back many great memories. Fans of the original are excited to get their hands on the return of the morphing blue blob hero,” stated Mark Cale, CEO of System 3. “Putty Squad will be available on multiple platforms, where gamers can reconnect with their classic hero, discovering Putty unlike before.”

Putty Squad has taken a complete overhaul in graphics to give a modern immersive experience, the gameplay has been finely tuned and downloadable free levels will be available. With Putty you can inflate, morph, stretch, lie flat and absorb. The unlikeliest of heroes has unique powers than any other imaginable.

Games Features:

· One of retro gaming’s most-loved heroes returns
· Critically acclaimed platform-adventure
· Front and Rear Touch Screen used
· Location-based services used for extra content
· Plays even better now than it did originally

Putty Squad will be available in summer 2013 on platforms PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, Windows 8, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

IUGAb9gl.jpg

FDLs1kx.jpg

F0w3iGP.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I remember this was a Vita exclusive. Am I wrong?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It was originally announced two years ago.

I actually found it was announced as an HD remake for PS3 in 2010. Then, they announced Vita version in 2011. At least from a preview of the title this year. When did they announce it for 3DS?

Hasney

Am I the only person who seriously wants this? I was instantly reminded of Bonanza Bros. and the whole Amiga era.

It's a fantastic game that I only got to play once I got to grips with WinUAE due to it needing that A1200 bump that I couldn't get. Living in poverty with an A600.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is this a retail game?

Loved the original game, looking forward to this whether it's downloadable or retail.

And surely it looking like a 90s PC shareware game is a GOOD thing, no?

Putty_Amiga.jpg

Putty_2.png

images

Bert

Why do I get the feeling 90% of the people in this thread have never played Putty?

Game is awesome. Can't wait. Here's hoping for more Amiga era remakes as VC and other retro platforms seem to ignore it.

Hasney

Loved the original game, looking forward to this whether it's downloadable or retail.

And surely it looking like a 90s PC shareware game is a GOOD thing, no?

Putty_Amiga.jpg

Putty_2.png

images

This is why it's not coming out on PS4. It would get bored only using 1MB of that 8GB GDDOMGR5.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
For 3ds they could just release the original game :p

a2c00c3e0d1340079fce477be3c11857.png

EDIT:
those in the op are vita screens(960x544)!

I remember this was a Vita exclusive. Am I wrong?

It was first and android/ios game, then a ps3 game, then a vita game and now it's everywhere, or something similar.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Damn. I remember playing this at my friends house on the SNES.

Interesting to see it as a retail release (I assume it is with that boxart). Usually these retro revivals pop up on the DD services.

Wow, this game has gone through some serious development hell. Was originally supposed to be a day-one retail launch title for the Vita in Europe and Australia.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sadly alien breed has only the graphics of the original and superfrog looks like shit :(
Remember though that worms and lemmings born on the amiga ;)

EDIT:
psx robocod is nowhere near as good as the amiga version :(

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
And yet I'd rather play Putty than Killzone any day of the week! (Or any modern FPS for that matter).

Probably why my brain turned off when Cerny continued to waffle on about specs endlessly.

Superfrog!? When was that announced?

superfrog-2.jpg

Trust me, you don't want to see how the remake of my favorite platformer ever looks :(

Yagharek

I'll get this if its as good as the original was (from what I was led to believe from friends who had it, sadly I never got to try it)

Ubersnug

I ADORED the original game on the Amiga.

That bastard cat that would appear on screen and declare "TOO BAD, JUST MISSED IT. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

The terminator carrot who would scream 'UZI 9MM' before he unloaded in your direction.

And the crying babies who wouldnt shut up till you absorbed them.

Yeah, ill probably buy this Day 1.

VaeVictis

Putty Squad will be available in summer 2013 on platforms PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, Windows 8, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

I guess this means the game will only be available through the Windows App store.

More Amiga games on my Vita, please.

Team17 are supposed to be working on a Vita version of Worms. Not an Amiga port, but close enough!

Top Bottom