• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure announced (PC/3DS/WiiU)

Speaking to Polygon, Scribblenauts Unmasked's senior producer, Caleb Arseneaux said the game contains every character who has ever appeared in a DC comic book, from the Justice League, to all the variations of Batman and Superman, to the most obscure characters who have only had brief cameos in the comics. He said that Scribblenauts is all about letting players have "whatever they want," and the DC universe is so rich with characters who have so many superpowers and abilities, that blending the two franchises made sense to the development team.
76735-92144-blue-beetle_super.jpg

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'd REALLY LIKE to play Unlimited first, here in Europe.
Btw, I'm happy about this announcment. I'd love to pick it up later on for the Wii U.
WB is well supporting the console, together with Ubisoft.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I didn't care for Unlimited, but this is tempting just to type in Hemo-Goblin.

Wonder if they also included Terry McGinnis or Vergil Hawkins or that Zeta robot guy.

Yeah, I know that's mostly DCAU stuff (well, Vergil was a comic character to begin with and Terry kinda worked his way into the comics, but Zeta's still a DCAU thing AFAIK), but it'd still be amusing.

Also wonder if B-list villains like the Clock King, or even silly gags like the Condiment King or Captain Clown, made their way in?

Poona

I'd REALLY LIKE to play Unlimited first, here in Europe.
Btw, I'm happy about this announcment. I'd love to pick it up later on for the Wii U.
WB is well supporting the console, together with Ubisoft.

If you want it, just order it from an Australian seller. Scribblenauts Unlimited is available there and it would have been the same version sold in Europe (both PAL - many of the games sold in Australia have European classification on them) had it been released there.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Tough one. I love Scribblenauts but abhor superhero comics and their overall effect on culture.
I'd love to know why you abhor what is essentially the modern mythological pantheon.

Prozel

Unlimited never came to Wii U in Europe from what I understand, but some stores decided to sell them anyway. Here's a pic from a electronic store close to where I live.

Danish currency for those who wonder.

What about Crossovers published by DC?! I must know!

Another Scribblenauts buy for me. Thought the franchise would fail after the first DS game but now look at it. I've put a ton of time into the Wii U game and won't be stopping soon.

Crazyorloco

I didn't think too much of it...then I saw all the different variations of characters for batman. Wow.

Even Red son batman is there. Looks like it's going to be a fun game.

SpacePirate Ridley, thanks for the info on the game!!!

Tizoc

YO!
GIMME FRANKENSTEIN FROM MORRISON'S SEVEN SOLDIERS AND HAVE HIM QUOTE POETRY EVERY TIME HE SPEAKS!

yencid

man im forgetting the name of it but there was a dc comic mini series that went through pretty much every age of the super heroes. It was told by a normal person recounting the biggest events of the DCU, does anyone know the name?

EDIT: FOUND IT

Dc universe: Legacies

SpacePirate Ridley, you should read that. Its a great overview of the whole thing.

massoluk

Banned
If you're still answering question, I know you're artist, but will 3DS and Wii U version be identical? You're adding thousands of super hero characters after all.

Top Bottom