• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure announced (PC/3DS/WiiU)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
As rumored: http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/15/43...-dc-comics-adventure-brings-more-than-2000-dc

There's a trailer at the link.

Polygon said:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure today, a Scribblenauts game for Wii U, 3DS and Windows PC with a DC Comics twist.

Developed by 5th Cell, the game is structured around the story of Maxwell and his sister Lily, who travel into the DC universe with Maxwell's magic notebook and summon DC-specific characters and objects to solve puzzles.

Speaking to Polygon, Scribblenauts Unmasked's senior producer, Caleb Arseneaux said the game contains every character who has ever appeared in a DC comic book, from the Justice League, to all the variations of Batman and Superman, to the most obscure characters who have only had brief cameos in the comics. He said that Scribblenauts is all about letting players have "whatever they want," and the DC universe is so rich with characters who have so many superpowers and abilities, that blending the two franchises made sense to the development team.

Batcave.jpg

Cerberus.jpg

Hopefully this one will come out in Europe in a timely fashion...

I NEED MY SCRIBBLENAUTS FIX!! ;_;

It's gonna be fun spawning all kinds of random comic folk. Look forward to seeing what kind of crazy puzzles they come up with to use everyone.

Shiggy

I buy it when it's at 7€ again, Unlimited was worth that price :)
Yet the Steam Workshop stuff doesn't work for me.

2,000 characters? 130 Green Lantern variations??

In the demo we were shown, Arseneaux summoned a zombie version of a superhero, who proceeded to infect all surrounding superheroes, resulting in a screen full of zombie Batman, Zombie Wonder Woman, Zombie Super Man, and hundreds more.

Sweet

Hopefully they've resolved whatever happened with NoE (or WB?) that meant the first Wii U Scribblenauts never arrived over here...

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
This will be the 2nd Scribblenauts title I buy :D

Holy..you can even choose from the various versions of the characters?

f39cfh1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will wait 'til Amazon offers it for $7.50. ;) I still haven't played Unlimited.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This is going to be pretty interesting to watch, saleswise.
It's probably the most marketable Scribblenauts title ever made, since the deep (2,000 characters!) DC Comics roots this title has. And it's a title I'd really like to play.

Yeah, Warner and Nintendo are big buddies right now, this is a third party relationship that actually improved, no jokes.

Santiako

Unlimited was very dissapointing. I hope they go back to Super Scribblenauts style of structure. And bring back action levels please!

Nope, no explanation at all. Perhaps bad blood over the PC version?

The timing of the lawsuit over Nyan/Keyboard Cat is interesting, as it suggests informal approaches were made to WB earlier. I wonder if NoE got wind of that and when it looked clear that they could be in the frame if they distributed the game in Europe they backed off.

Scrawnton

I rented Scribblenaughts for Wii u and had a good time. I think this will be a rental as well. in reality, it should be a $20 eShop game.

Shiggy

The timing of the lawsuit over Nyan/Keyboard Cat is interesting, as it suggests informal approaches were made to WB earlier. I wonder if NoE got wind of that and when it looked clear that they could be in the frame if they distributed the game in Europe they backed off.

That's definitely a possibility. Would be in line with this rather vague statement:

"It has come to light that some changes need to be implemented within the game before we launch them across Europe. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and we hope to make further announcements on the European launch of these games very soon."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-some-recalled-scribblenauts-unlimited-copies

But then the German delay was announced a few weeks before it was delayed in the rest of Europe.

That's definitely a possibility. Would be in line with this rather vague statement:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-some-recalled-scribblenauts-unlimited-copies

But then the German delay was announced a few weeks before it was delayed in the rest of Europe.

Hm. I think it's a possibility, and NoE have been burned on recalls for content before - the Mario Party "spastic" kerfuffle - and it wouldn't surprise me if they simply refused to distribute it rather than expose themselves to any legal risk, at least until the suit was resolved.

tajd

Banned
watch the end of the trailer . a little girl ask for batman autograpgh he runs away and says no lol .

From the big group shot at the end of the trailer, I recognize Mogo, Copper from the more recent pre-New 52 incarnations of the Metal Men, and the monster from Stanley and his Monster. Seems like a good start.

Top Bottom