• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link to the Past II runs at 60fps in 3D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
“The game runs at 60FPS, while all the 3D games up till now have run at 30fps. The faster the framerate, the more stable the 3D effect, so 60FPS is a big deal.”

“Well, there are players who don’t like 3D and always keep it switched off, so there’s nothing in the game that absolutely requires 3D, like puzzles that can’t be solved without it.”

Source = EDGE

BY2K

Membero Americo
So Nintendo is giving priority to 60FPS in 3D mode for 3DS games?

Either way, a Zelda game at 60FPS is gonna be niiiiiice.

StuBurns

Banned
It's not true that all 3DS games run at 30FPS in 3D, so the person already doesn't know what they're talking about.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Hold on, all the 3D games so far have been 30fps? Is that an error or have my eyes been deceiving me?

bndadm

I always use the 3D on my 3DS (love it).

If so that sounds SMOOOOOTH.

*Thanks to later posters indicating MK 8 ran at 60 FPS. Buttery, liquidy smooth.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Praise be to the Triforce.

ibysVNn7MEEW9D.gif

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
3D land 2 60 fps? Also wasn't MK7 60fps in 3D mode?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mario Kart 7 is 60fps 3D. Im sure there are other examples.

wrowa

As someone who's not using 3D, I prefer games that are taxing the hardware and are only 60fps in 3D mode. I don't give a shit how fluid it runs in 3D, so, bad news for me.

It's not true that all 3DS games run at 30FPS in 3D, so the person already doesn't know what they're talking about.

I took it as that meaning no ZELDA 3D games have ran at 60 FPS.

What did Skyward Sword run at???

Oh, forget it, seems they are actually talking about the effect.

kirblar

“Well, there are players who don’t like 3D and always keep it switched off, so there’s nothing in the game that absolutely requires 3D, like puzzles that can’t be solved without it.”
This is me. Bugs my eyes after a while. Great news!

Top Bottom