• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link to the Past II runs at 60fps in 3D

Tnetennba

Was a bit anxious that some puzzles would heavily rely on the 3D, even though that's unrealistic and would probably never happen, so it's nice to get confirmation to the contrary. 60fps is wonderful news as well!

Izick

Considering how bland, and poor it looks, running at 60fps doesn't seem much of a challenge.

I think it looks nice. I like how they kind of merged the super old-schoo Zelda art-style with the traditional 3D Mario aesthetic. Gives it a nice weighty look.

LttP 2 looks like a really fast game, so the 60 FPS here sounds pretty great. I think it's a first for Zelda (besides the 2D titles).

It's really weird how fast the game looks, but it is part of why I'm looking forward to it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ah. I was fairly certain Four Swords Adventures was 60.

This might still be a milestone for 3D Zeldas though.
Most 2D Zelda games (aside from the very first one and those shitty CDi games) run at 60 fps including Four Swords Adventures.

This would be the first 3D Zelda game to run at 60 fps, however.

kramer-yeah.gif

Zelda: Late to the Party

I kid you not on my first browses of neogaf I thought Late to the Party was Link to the past, as they were talking about a past game and thought it was an injoke or something from the forums (english is my second language and this was my second english forum after the Roller Coaster Tycoon official ones, so I didnt quite grasp some of the abbreviations).

Guys Im pretty fucking sure that Skyward Sword and Windwaker run at 60fps. The n64 Zeldas were the only ones with a bad framerate.

Rich!

What does Wind Waker run at? It's always felt much smoother than the other 3D Zeldas to me, though that might just be down to how well animated it is.

30fps with occasional drops, as shown by Dolphin and fraps.

Ocarina and Majora on the n64 run anywhere between 14-20fps depending on circumstance. So compared to them, Wind Waker is smooth as silk.

Cutebrute

"The Legend of Zelda: A New Link to the Past?"

That wouldn't surprise me, given Nintendo's strange naming decisions these days.

On topic, Mario Kart is one of the few games that I prefer to play in 3d, so the 60fps here will be welcome.

Did anybody else think LttP2 looked really...fast?

Like I'm still not big on the artstyle and 3D is meh, but I'm digging just how fast-paced it seemed to be.

Ein Bear

30fps with occasional drops, as shown by Dolphin and fraps.

Ocarina and Majora on the n64 run anywhere between 14-20fps depending on circumstance. So compared to them, Wind Waker is smooth as silk.

Ah cool, yeah it's probably a combination of the artstyle and my usually playing it straight after the N64 games that does it then.

The feel of 60fps ;)

BigDug13

Nope, Zelda 1 & 2 on NES, LTTP on SNES, Link's Awakening, Seasons and Ages, all 60FPS.

60 frames but painted interlaced on your TV, so you're really only getting 30 frames of odd numbered horizontal lines and 30 frames of even numbered horizontal lines for a total of 60 fps. At least for NES/SNES. Not sure about the GBC stuff.

Ein Bear

As if your status as a Zelda fan somehow strengthens or weakens your criticism of it's visuals? Criticism of visuals and being a Zelda fanboy is practically a package.

Can you even really be a 'Zelda Fanboy' on gaming forum? Pretty much everyone loves themselves some Zelda.

Top Bottom