• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Distributor says Xbox One now includes wired headset, Microsoft says no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
http://electronictheatre.co.uk/xbox...ber-launch-hardware-bundle-contents-confirmed

Electronic Theatre said:
Following the revelation of a fact sheet detailing the launch day offerings of the Xbox One console shortly after its announcement, a debate has raged as to the decision not to include a headset. Today it’s been confirmed that this decision has been reversed, as an updated list of the contents has been revealed.

The Xbox One hardware bundle will now include the Xbox One console featuring a 500GB hard disk drive and Blu-ray player, the new version of Kinect, a HDMI cable, and a redesigned wireless controller in addition to a wired Chat Headset. This package will be available from an unspecified date in November 2013, with a recommended retail price (RRP) of £429 GBP.

This news comes from the official UK distributor for Microsoft Studios and Xbox products, Gem, who have communicated the above contents list to their retail partners. Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest details on the Xbox One launch and hardware bundle.

Feorax

They have so much fucking confidence in this thing don't they? It'll basically be a PS4 by the time it comes out.

Good news still.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's absolutely disgusting that Microsoft would try and improve value for money. Who are they trying to fool? This move shows that they clearly cannot be trusted, I am going to boycott them for this.

Takuya

Banned
Posted in the other thread, but this news comes from a distributor, who doesn't even have a final product.

MS execs said it would be separate, so either the PR nightmare continues at Microsoft, or the distributor is more knowledgeable than MS executives.

Posted in the other thread, but this news comes from a distributor, who doesn't even have a final product.

MS execs said it would be separate, so either the PR nightmare continues at Microsoft, or the distributor is more knowledgeable than MS executives.
Its hilarious to see that, actually. Don knew when to quit, and he made millions on the way.

MMaRsu

Banned

sarcasm-detector-o.gif

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Remove the headset. Keep dropping the price.

Wait a minute:

"This news comes from the official UK distributor for Microsoft Studios and Xbox products, Gem,"

Hmm...

Will wait for official confirmation from MS.

trinest

Reverse the Kinect decision.

That is one thing they shouldn't back peddle on.

I think this is great, we are starting to see now whats his name is gone some good ideas been approved and "oh shit we need to do this" stuff happening and been approved. We are starting to see the Xbox One shine, which is good instead of been the DRM PR mess it was.

By launch I think a good solid amount of policies will be fixed/worked out and this hole issue can be forgotten and we can enjoy the console.

0xCA2

It's absolutely disgusting that Microsoft would try and improve value for money. Who are they trying to fool? This move shows that they clearly cannot be trusted, I am going to boycott them for this.

Yeah, I don't get that either.

"This shows they don't have confidence in their vision..."

RetroStu

Banned

Yep, that sums up the attitude on this forum quite nicely.

netBuff

I think we need actual confirmation from Microsoft, a supposed list of contents we haven't seen from Gem is very a doubtful source.

Arthea

headset came with 360 elite, at least mine had, so how's that 180°?
Removing mandatory kinect, well, that would be 180°

Ban Puncher

Get Tony Hawk out of retirement to do two and half rotations up out of a halfpipe with the words 'XBONE 900' on the bottom of the deck. All these spins and turns = advertising bank.

Using Kinect is a pretty stupid solution so this would be a great move if true.

At this rate I think they might actually take kinect out.

I think we need a thread title change, it should say that the source is a distributor, not MS themselves. The word rumour should be in there somewhere as well...

Evoga

I thought it was weird GEM had put a wired headset as an item included with the console.
Still waiting on a journalist to find out the the allocation GEM has.

And on the other bullet points GEM has no wired headset so I thought it was an error including it.

They have so much fucking confidence in this thing don't they? It'll basically be a PS4 by the time it comes out.

Good news still.

The Xbone is big enough for Microsoft to put a PS4 inside. The price tag allows MS to make a profit of it as well.
Customers happy because they get a console without weird restrictions and MS is happy because they make profit. Analysts are happy because each console sale counts twice. I don't see a problem.

On topic: Can they already feel the lack of the Mattrick? From a doombox, the Xbone goes to a decent console in a matter of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom