• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Distributor says Xbox One now includes wired headset, Microsoft says no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
It's absolutely disgusting that Microsoft would try and improve value for money. Who are they trying to fool? This move shows that they clearly cannot be trusted, I am going to boycott them for this.

It's absolutely disgusting that my spouse would try and improve our relationship after fucking around behind my back. Who are they trying to fool? This move shows that they clearly cannot be trusted, I am going to dump them for this.

It's absolutely disgusting that Microsoft would try and improve value for money. Who are they trying to fool? This move shows that they clearly cannot be trusted, I am going to boycott them for this.

Congrats to them where necessary for doing the right thing, but it does show that they're completely unable to read their audience and are not confident enough in what they're offering to stick to their guns. Of course they shouldn't be ridiculed for these turnarounds, but it does also reflect poorly on them, in a sense.

Takuya

Banned
It's absolutely disgusting that my spouse would try and improve our relationship after fucking around behind my back. Who are they trying to fool? This move shows that they clearly cannot be trusted, I am going to dump them for this.
After Fucking around behind your back that would be a very valid course of action.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm amazed it wasn't the case in the first place. A huge part of XBL's adoption and use was that everyone had a headset. PS3 never formed a comparable community due to only a fraction of players being able to speak.

Ce-Lin

give it two more weeks and it will have full backwards-compatibility

I mean, why not? since E3 they removed DRM, improved memory performance, added free accessories... come launch day this could be anything but an Xbox One.

yes it's sarcasm, good news if true though

stephen08

Once they drop the Kinect requirement and lower the price by $100 they will be where they should have been at the start. The problem now though is that a lot of this stuff is too late. When they messed up as badly as they did a lot of Xbox 360 fans including myself looked at PS4 a lot more seriously and the perks started adding up. They need to do something to leap ahead of Sony otherwise I am still going to opt for a PS4.

Huh didnt know the xbox one wasn't including a headset but this is good news.

This is the biggest no chance happening but I'd like to believe the first day/week they will match Sonys $399 price tag

"get the all new xbox one at a special day one price" , some kind of ad, they already did two 180's

Do it Microsoft and I'm in

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Headset in so as to facilitate non-Kinect package?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
there i fixed it

Headset in so as to facilitate non-Kinect package?

so as to facilitate kinect being far away from the player in a large room or underneath a loud tv or central speaker. not that it can't filter noise, but i can't hear!

RetroStu

Banned
What does being online have to do with Kinect's inclusion?

Well imo it was all about advertising and bombarding you with ads all the time but now you don't have to be online to game and the fact that a pretty large portion of gamers mostly just play single player than Kinect obviously isn't AS important to Microsofts strategy.

Also Kinect is one of the major problems that gamers have with the Xbox One and Microsoft have caved in with all the other major problems and i'd bet they will cave in with Kinect in the end.

RetroStu

Banned
give it two more weeks and it will have full backwards-compatibility

I mean, why not? since E3 they removed DRM, improved memory performance, added free accessories... come launch day this could be anything but an Xbox One.

yes it's sarcasm, good news if true though

people would still be moaning about it regardless.

Takuya

Banned
I see, thanks. Speaking of headsets, what about PS4? Can i use my PS3 bluetooth headset on the PS4? And does Xbox One supports Bluetooth headsets as well?
Bluetooth is a standard so yes, it should work.

Some first party ones will probably work too, I know the official wireless Headset works since I used it while playing Contrast at E3.

I think it will happen by launch, Kinect isn't as super important anymore now that you don't have to be online to play.

Could happen, but how much will the Xbox One cost then? Simply removing Kinect and going for the same price as the PS4 is not enough imo, it's still too expensive. If we look at the specs, the Xbox is 33% less powerful, which should result in a price of $264 (66% of $400) strictly going by power. Of course they can add a few dollars for their TV features that the PS4 won't have (but which are restricted to the US for now), but I don't think that the Xbox One is worth the additional $136 when the PS4 is offering more power for the same price. That's why I think they won't get rid of Kinect. Without Kinect, the Xbox is just a less powerful PS4 for the same/a higher price.

Bgamer90

Banned
Yeah and how many of them still use it?,

Social media searches show that there's still a decent amount who do use it.

also 30% isn't really a high percentage so i'm not sure why you posted that,

Eh, I would say it's pretty decent for an optional add-on that was introduced late in the system's life (that is if that percentage is actually true).

its certainly not a big enough percentage to then force it on everyone next gen.

But not everyone who is a 360 owner without kinect has decided to be part of that group for the same reason(s).

I mean, what you're saying could have be stated for so many other things in tech and/or gaming in the past since many features that are typical now didn't get largely adopted by users until they became standard for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom