• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Comic Con Castlevania LoS2 Screenshots - I said wow

Ahasverus

Current consoles can do this? (hopefully without much downgrade) Fuck me.
Bear in mind this game is semi-Open World (Darksiders, Arkham Asylum) and it has free camera now.

Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-2_2013_07-18-13_001.jpg

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Behold the power of art direction.

One can see all the technical limitations of the current consoles, as with games like TLOU. But it's art and visual staging that make the difference.

I'm more concerned with how well the console versions of this perform...

Amir0x

Banned
Even if it were to look exactly like that on consoles it wouldn't be shocking, but the real question is if it will look exactly like that on consoles and not run at negative 20fps

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Didn't make me go wow sadly, just kind of looks like the first one but smoother. How "open world" is it exactly? because from the screens it just looks like corridor after corridor so while open doesn't really mean much.

Ahasverus

Well, when you type this
I'm not seeing the difference between a bullshot and pc shot that is implied to be a console shot.

On somewhat related note, do they plan getting a stable 30 for consoles this time?
The jump in quality from the console versions is not astounding
e.g:
los11.jpg

And they said they already managed to make the run at a faster and more stable framerate.

Didn't make me go wow sadly, just kind of looks like the first one but smoother. How "open world" is it exactly? because from the screens it just looks like corridor after corridor so while open doesn't really mean much.
These shots are from the Castle (think Arkham Asylum) the ither location, the city, is open.

switching between light and dark mechanics, not exactly something fresh there imo. It's not more fun than God of War.

So it has to be fresh/original in order to be fun and well done. Okay then.

the QTE climb the titan fight was fun?

Didn't bother me at all, it was very easy and took no more than a couple of minutes. And by bosses I was talking about the bosses that you actually engage in combat with.

Glix

All other things aside, the first one was STUNNING visually, and someone is constantly left out of conversations about the best looking games of the gen.

It was jaw dropping at times.

Fady K

Im a HUGE fan of the old Castlevania games plus Symphony of the Night is one of my all time favorite games. I even found some enjoyment in Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness.

And I absolutely LOVED Lords of Shadow. BEAUTIFUL graphics. Incredible soundtrack. Amazing bosses. Great level design. Great settings. Great story for a change (the only good story for a CV game thus far IMO) with very good voice acting! An excellent ending that I cared for. Wonderful combat. I even liked the QTEs! I loved and beat all the Gameboy Advance and DS games as well and yet I think Lords of Shadow is the best one. I actually hope this one is close to being as good as the first one. Count me in as an incredibly excited Castlevania fan.

kunonabi

All other things aside, the first one was STUNNING visually, and someone is constantly left out of conversations about the best looking games of the gen.

It was jaw dropping at times.

Not to mention frame dropping. LoS1 looked good it was just everything else that was a mess.

Ahasverus

How does Human Carmilla even work? wasn't she a lord of shadow? (i.e. spirit form ascended to near godhood, dark form becomes a vampire?)

Don't have idea, rumor has it
gabriel goes back in time to avoid the birth of the LoS avoiding his creation as a vampire, but as Dracula is neccesary evil so time accomodates itself and creates another one, starting so the old Castlevania timeline

Looks nice. To people saying these are bullshots, the real game will just blow your mind on PC then. It will look better than this.

Can't wait for LOS to come out on PC next month. And then LOS2 later in the year....this year is awesome.

Lord of shadows definitely looks great, unfortunately doesn't work well with current gen consoles as it runs at or below 20 fps...

Don't have idea, rumor has it
gabriel goes back in time to avoid the birth of the LoS avoiding his creation as a vampire, but as Dracula is neccesary evil so time accomodates itself and creates another one, starting so the old Castlevania timeline

This sounds too bizarrely convoluted even for Konami.

If I even see a hint of this in LOS2, I'm chucking the disc into the fire.

Ahasverus

Lord of shadows definitely looks great, unfortunately doesn't work well with current gen consoles as it runs at or below 20 fps...

Or 60fps in some levels, it's unlocked so you can have great or below-average perfomances, most of it wasn't that bad, The first levels are atrocious though.

switching between light and dark mechanics, not exactly something fresh there imo. It's not more fun than God of War.
It was WAY more fun than God of War if you ask me, actually on Paladin Difficulty managing your focus and using Light and Dark Magic were an absolute treat.

Top Bottom