• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 GIFS | Chrome warning is the new 56k warning

HORRORSHØW

It'd be cool if this was a "next gen GIFS" thread, but I suppose we have to keep working dat Playstation bias.
ibrTJQpnigZr32.gif

Dark Sorcerer isn't actually a game... and I'm not as trusting about those february videos of Deep Down because more recent screenshots look crappy. I'm not against putting target renders and whatnot in the post but I also don't want to mislead... kinda difficult balancing act. But people are more than welcome to add whatever they want to the thread and I'll keep updating the OP as well.

Well that Shadow of the Beast you put on was CGI, so might as well...

Dark Sorcerer isn't actually a game... and I'm not as trusting about those february videos of Deep Down because more recent screenshots look crappy. I'm not against putting target renders and whatnot in the post but I also don't want to mislead... kinda difficult balancing act. But people are more than welcome to add whatever they want to the thread and I'll keep updating the OP as well.

I'm not sure "dark sorcerer" is a "target render" in the sense that motorstorm PS3 and Killzone 2 were.

those were literally CGI renders of what developers "hoped' to be able to hit on the actual hardware.

DS is a demo not a full game- but running in real time on PS4 hardware (or a close approximation). Quantic Dream does them all the time- first with the "Actress" short demo prior to heavy rain, and recently with a robot thing for the ps3 prior to beyond.

Prologue

What ??
Most of those gifs are gameplay , hell the KZ SF one are MP which normal don't look as good as SP.

The Deep Down gif isn't gameplay. I understand that its rendered with the engine but that term has been thrown around too much this generation just to be disappointed when the product is released.

Majmun

Where the hell did that terrible looking Ico ripoff game come from?, who is behind it?, Sony should sue.

wat am I reading

Did you see the trailer? How the hell is that terrible looking lol

It's my most wanted next-game so far personally.

Makes sense, but it's still nice to see, a proper taste of what Naughty Dog is likely going to achieve ;)

Sony is financing and publishing it. :)

Anyhow, running LIVE on PS4, described by Quantic Dream as the "low end of what is achievable":
Awww yiss. Other impressive parts are all the fire effects right before that, the part with the water splash and when the gay demon appears for the first time.

It'd be cool if this was a "next gen GIFS" thread, but I suppose we have to keep working dat Playstation bias.
Expected better from you and now you are banned :/

Zophar

Seeing the Deep Down targets side-by-side with those gifs from Second Son and Killzone makes them look totally doable within another year or so.

No Love

Banned
Damn these look good. It's gonna be a great, great launch for PS4. Can't wait. Looks like I got at least 4-5 games to buy on launch day!

Sylver

Banned
Seeing the Deep Down targets side-by-side with those gifs from Second Son and Killzone makes them look totally doable within another year or so.

The real problem with Deep Down (and Panta Rhei engine) is ends being multiplatform game, hardly it will look-alike those gifs when you have to optimize to two consoles and pc know how lazy is capcom and usually takes the minimum common.

Persona86

Banned
So because I'm not as impressed by certain gifs as you are that means I'm trolling? Ok? I have a PS4 preordered and have so since June 10th. Perhaps you should accept that not everybody shares your enthusiasm with certain games instead of simply being lazy and accuse them of trolling.
I get your point, but your sucking the fun out of this thread. ;)

I came for the PS4 gifs. I stayed because it's hard to move with this much poop in your pants.

Even one or two GIFs is too much for my iPad. This page would totally kill it.

I have an old ass iPad 2 using Safari and this thread is loading just fine. It takes a minute to finish but it doesn't crash or anything like that.

Top Bottom