• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster has been delayed to 2014 according to SE reps @ PAX

Seda

The writing was on the wall for this one, but there have now been a number of people attending PAX Prime reporting that the representives from Square Enix are openly admitting that the game is unlikely to release in 2013.

My impressions from PAX: in-game looks pretty. New music also sounds pretty good. Same voice actors as the original game being used. Love the new interface.

But the CG movies seem to suck. I saw jaggies all over the place. I don't think they remade any if the CG. Also, it doesn't look like they will update the lips too to match the voices.

The Square Enix rep also said that the game is most likely coming out in 2014 in NA and they still don't have a release date.

Potentially bad news, all: I just talked to a Square Enix rep here at PAX Prime about FF X/X-2 HD's release date and he flat out said it's not coming until 2014, "unless I'm REALLY lucky." That certainly isn't official confirmation of a delay, but it's looking more and more likely. I'd say the writing's on the wall at this point. :(

He said February 2014 is looking most likely at this point. If that happens, they're screwing themselves on Lightning Returns...

Oh, Square.

A poster on the GameFAQs board also claims that the representative admitted that the Vita versions are still getting physical releases.

I wouldn't take these as absolute confirmations but figured some would want to know.

RPGCrazied

As I said in the other thread about this. Ugh. This year would have been better. There is just to much coming out early next year. I can't believe SE wants to put this out after a new console launch. Plus LR is early next year too. What does SE have for this holiday season? Are they banking on KH ReMix and Realm Reborn only?

Vashetti

Banned
c2m.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I saw a tweet about this the other day. I assumed they never really said it was coming in 2013 anyway lol

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
As I said in the other thread about this. Ugh. This year would have been better. There is just to much coming out early next year. I can't believe SE wants to put this out after a new console launch. Plus LR is early next year too. What does SE have for this holiday season? Are they banking on KH ReMix and Realm Reborn only?

Bravely Default: For The Sequel's gonna save them!

dc89

Ahhh crap. :(

I was really looking forward to FFX. Not played through it for years, and I want it on both platforms.

survivor

Banned
God damn it. I was really hoping to be able to play the game this holiday season.

Is it likely that the 2014 release date would be before Lightning Returns?

Now it's going to be on a console that won't be hooked up to my TV anymore. Guess ill be going with the Vita version only.

My PS3 will probably be retired after Beyond: Two Souls if Persona 5 doesn't come out for it.

Squire

Banned

You have GTA V, CoD, AC4 and new consoles to compete with this holiday. What's in Q1 of next year that makes that a bad spot to launch?

I mean, maybe I'm not up to date on the release calendar, but I see no 15m+ juggernauts in early 2014 and console launch hype will have died down a bit. The systems will still be selling and commanding a lot of attention, but there's nothing like day one and that first Christmas that follows.

LR will bomb because LR. FFX HD will be fine.

The_Monk

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer.

I can wait... however I want a Physical release for the PS Vita with both carts in it.

2014 is also going to be a busy month not to mention by that time the PS4 will be in my hands, I hope.

Foffy

Banned
Now it's going to be on a console that won't be hooked up to my TV anymore. Guess ill be going with the Vita version only.

My PS3 will probably be retired after Beyond: Two Souls if Persona 5 doesn't come out for it.

It was first shown on Vita, no? That's been why I've been interested in getting it there.

HeelPower

FUCK THIS...You were right Kagari...Its embarassing how this remaster is taking longer than the original development 15 years ago...Damn SE

I imagine FF15 is coming 2017 at the earliest at this point.

Foffy

Banned
FUCK THIS...You were right Kagari...Its embarassing how this remaster is taking longer than the original development 15 years ago...Damn SE

I imagine FF15 is coming 2017 at the earliest at this point.

This has been the longest HD remaster from announcement to release, no? It shows only how Square-Enix is absolutely bad at releasing things.

Despera

Banned
Hell, they can delay it to 2020 if they want. It's not like I haven't played these games thoroughly before.

Let them take their time, and focus on more critical projects.

clem84

Gold Member
Like you said, the writing was on the wall for this one. Maybe it's for the best. My wallet was already hurting for this fall.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It seems like the amount of time for it's taking for this HD collection to get made is almost the same amount of time it took for the games to be made the first time.

Go_Ly_Dow

Kaggie-kun already said this. Do you doubt kagarisama?

Deep down I knew she would be right. She's always right...grrr

Anyways, there's a lot of great games to look forward to until now and next year so guess I will devote my full attention to those.

Let's not forget KH HD 1.5 releases in 2 weeks!

Top Bottom