• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Photoshopped Ryse Shots from Xbox.com

pixlexic

Banned
the original looks way better .. Usually photoshopping means making the image look better .. I don't understand the point here?

Joemoe

Neo Member
News are not the existence of a Ryse bullshot using photoshop. News are how incredibly bad they are using photoshop. I can do better with eyes closed.

Many photoshops are of similar if not worse quality. It's just that we rarely ever have the original image to compare it with so it almost always goes right by.

For example, did you notice the texture bug that was also edited out?
ppH42uS.jpg

It's clearly photoshoped. And the most funny thing is that the "original" screenshot is photoshoped too. They "fix" the most visible clipping in the "original" shot and then work again with photoshop to clean more clipping in the second one (in fact, third one).

Those clipping artifacts are very difficult to fix in retail game because is a combination of model and motion capture. If dev change mocap keys to avoid clipping, final animation could be "wrong". If they change armor mesh, could be visually wrong too.

You must be right, because they ended up just removing the leather straps entirely.

olimpia84

I could barely tell the difference between pictures. You have to stare at the pic for a while to even notice. If you kids think this is a bullshot google the Madden screens from a few years ago or check the Amped one for the Xbox (already posted in this thread).

JP

I don't think there is anything wrong with them doing this to be honest. It is surprisingly badly done though.

KKRT00

and people are arguing this on the ryse thread,they put PR bullshots of models to make valid points..lol

Every game has clipping issues, how is it exactly relevant? How about those differences between ingame model and PR shot? When game is using exactly the same model in cutscenes and gameplay, PR model shots are completely fair, especially when You dont have any other high quality direct feed shots.

===

Still dont get, why they photoshoped some clipping and completely ignored others.

Hay guize. There was clipping in the original Deep Down demo too. Shit happens...vidjagamez and all that.

I love to shit on Ryse, but even this is pushing it.

Chumpion

I want to poop on Crytek harder than anybody but this is a total non-issue... a small retouch and they fixed the armor which will probably be fixed in the final game as well.

Zhuk86

Banned
Some people have way too much time on their hands on this forum.... RYSE looks incredible and no one can dispute that.

jhendrix

Banned
I like the original better, the contrast is more realistic. They probably adjusted it to show off the faces more. Not a big deal as the only thing they really did was fix a single clip issue and adjust the contrast.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Things like that really shouldn't surprise any single human being on this planet. It's not like this hasn't been done before... like, once or twice.

holy crap at Heavy Rain o.o

Yeah, not even relevant. "Casting Call" from Heavy Rain was never touted as the game's actual graphics and was just another tech render much in the same way "Kara" was before the announcement of Beyond: Two Souls. What we have here in on the same level of the infamous FFXIII photoshop job or Amped bullshot. Then you have Xbox fans trying to downplay it saying it's not a big deal when in reality, MS felt it was a big enough deal to photoshop it and reupload.

Yeah, not even relevant. "Casting Call" from Heavy Rain was never touted as the game's actual graphics and was just another tech render much in the same way "Kara" was before the announcement of Beyond: Two Souls. What we have here in on the same level of the infamous FFXIII photoshop job or Amped bullshot. Then you have Xbox fans trying to downplay it saying it's not a big deal when in reality, MS felt it was a big enough deal to photoshop it and reupload.

Bu-bu-but... Sony!

Nozem

It's not just Xbox fans, it's every sane person with half a brain. It's not a big deal. Period.

The people that care either don't understand the tech or want to hate just a bit too much and should reconsider if the console wars has become an obsession.

At least the hate on the multiplayer was legit this small animation/clipping bug does not.

p3tran

Banned
hmm

since they where stupid enough to short-sell themselves by releasing their 1080p video encoded at a stupid 25fps, I dont think there is much of a story here...

iRZ7YRLqeqRIq.jpg

Things like that really shouldn't surprise any single human being on this planet. It's not like this hasn't been done before... like, once or twice.

While I DO agree with you that this is very common in video game advertisement, that Heavy Rain comparison is bogus.

Madison ended up being just like the "Before" shot in the game.
To be precise, the "Before" shot is from the DLC (The Taxidermist). Near 1:45 of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuDiUkqQLOw

It's the SAME shot. And it looks just like the "before" shot. I don't know where people got the "after" shot.

As for the other girl, she can be seen in this video. She looks a lot more like the "after" shot. I think thet the "before" shot is from a tech demo before the launch of the ps3. Can't remember her name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueoKH_oDuIg

Anyway... on topic... it's a commom thing. The only problem I see is the clipping. They should not have messed with that.

pixlexic

Banned
What has the OP started. Now console warriors will be looking for every minuscule defect in a game.

I am hoping like with the wiiu this wholle craziness will just subside in a year.

What exactly do they want devs to do? Not go with full physics simulations for clothing and just make them parts of the models like last gen?

Tsundere

Banned
There really is no reason for Microsoft to go in and touch up pictures that much. Ryse looks great and should be able to sell itself.

Raydeen

Original poster could have saved himself the trouble and time traveled back to the era of the original Xbox and just bumped a thread on Brute Force or Tao Feng.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hay guize. There was clipping in the original Deep Down demo too. Shit happens...vidjagamez and all that.

I love to shit on Ryse, but even this is pushing it.

I don't care about the clipping - I care that MS photoshopped it out. If they'd have left it in I'd have been fine with it, game still looks great.

Some people have way too much time on their hands on this forum.... RYSE looks incredible and no one can dispute that.

I don't think anyone was. People were just calling MS out on the photoshop bullshit

Maybe this is a bit more helpful.

e7Dy7p4.gif

The largest difference is the body armor of the soldier on the right, the shoulder pad and chest region, as well as the shadows on the head.

Honestly, I find it hilarious that they felt the need to photoshop this image to remove the clipping mesh. It may not be that bad and the devs might sort that out in the finished game, but this kind of thing still seems completely ridiculous to me.

REV 09

If you want to know what Ryse looks like check the 1080p footage. Screenshots these days are touched up. That's just how it is. This is like complaining about a super model covering up a bump with make up....it's just nitpicking.

I don't think it looks very good at all. The technical aspect is good, but nothing that I haven't already seen on PC. The animations are terrible and the art direction is as bland as they come.

It's nothing but still is a fucking photoshop of a supposed in-game frame.

Stealing 1€ or stealing 10€ is still stealing.

This is bullshit and everyone knows it. Stop the denial.

TheStevo

Banned
That is perhaps the weakest "bullshot" I've seen. I'm rather surprised someone was practically splitting hairs analyzing this.

Top Bottom