• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World: New Trailer

GulAtiCa

Damn, that trailer really looked awesome. I was only kinda looking forward to it (was getting anyways), but now I'm really looking forward to it!

Timeaisis

Good god, my opinion of this game just did a 180. It's now a day one. This is like, Galaxy-level of level design here.

Tuck

Looked fantastic. Hype through the roof (I was disappointed by the initial reveal, but accepted it).

EDIT: They should have shown this at E3!

a5ipca.gif

Empty

i thought it looked brilliant. great trailer.

so many fun gameplay ideas and the colours look amazing in hd

B-b-but it's not a real 3D Mario! Wah! T.T

Honestly, this trailer was amazing. Very, very impressive.

Sad that DKC: Tropical Freeze was delayed, but I think it'll need the extra time - Mario's got it covered this holiday.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Shacknews preview:
http://www.shacknews.com/article/81367/super-mario-3d-world-preview-cherry-fun
2013-09-25_12-25-30_27459.nphd.jpg

When obtaining a cherry, your character splits into two. Now, you can have two Marios running around in tandem, jumping and stomping in sync. If you grab another cherry, your two Toads will become three. Grab another, and your three Peaches will become four, etc. Best of all, you can combine this power-up with any other. At one point in the demo, I had five fire-powered Peaches laying devastation to a pack of enemies. It was wonderful.

You can't control doppelgangers separately from your main hero, meaning they will eventually fall out of sync with each other. That poses some interesting platforming challenges, as you try to get a horde of characters into a warp pipe. You'll start taking advantage of walls, or periods of time when your "main" hero is unaffected by controller input, in an attempt to reorganize your group. There's benefit to maintaining a large crowd, too. Not only is it incredibly empowering to see an army of clones on the screen, there are certain areas that are blocked off unless you have a certain number of doppelgangers. Because each of your clones will disappear in one hit, there's an increased challenge in dealing with the growing horde of characters.

This game looks brilliant.

Raven77

I can't watch this at work.

Does it show bigger environments like in SM 64? Or are they more linear?

I have come to drop some truths: Super Mario 3D Land is the greatest of all Mario games. This trailer gives me hope that its sequel may just be even better.

GimMick

Looks better than what we saw at E3, from what I remember.

Liking the new power-ups, as well as the new kind of overworld. Fairly hyped !

Gsnap

That looks so good. Lots of old and new power ups. Bowser capturing the Subcon fairy princess I guess? Bowser driving and evil version of the Roger Rabbit car. 8 cats at once. EIGHT. And possibly more since we saw the cherries could add at least 3 marios. Cool looking levels and ideas. New bosses. New enemies. The game just looks so good.

This trailer seriously turned my opinion completely around about the game. It looks absolutely wonderful. Maybe I shouldn't doubt the Galaxy team, they always find a way to come through.

Top Bottom