• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World: New Trailer

Comet

Wow, looks much better than what they showed off at E3. I almost feel like there's too much variety!

CaVaYeRo

Trailer is awesome, new ideas are awesome. Tons of items/scenarios in multiplayer is priceless.

I mean:

mariogatojuega_944734b.jpg

mariogatojuega_944744b.jpg

mariogatojuega_944824b.jpg

mariogatojuega_944814b.jpg

mariogatojuega_944864b.jpg

mariogatojuega_944924b.jpg

Whole 18 screens, 13 character arts gallery here.

Looking more interesting and beautiful at least. It seems to jump between realistic visuals and cartoonier, simpler visuals quite often though, somewhat jarring. I still wish it was free movement vs. 8-directional movement.

Lol at pimp car Bowser.

So are we still acting like fucking imbeciles and acting like EAD Tokyo can't be trusted here? And that this game still isn't Real 3D Mario enough? Because it does look pretty fucking fun to me.

DaBoss

sm3dw-levelselect3fxl6.gif

Interesting thing they did with the level select.

catbulletbillroq6z.png

lol

sm3dw-catchasebirdf5kt3.gif

lol

E3 reveal should have been like this, they showed a lot of new things.

haikira

Hmm. I'll admit to eating crow. Not that I ever thought it looked bad mind you, but I was just indifferent to it. I've really really warmed up to it now. I'm sad that Tropical Freeze got delayed, but this, Wind Waker and Sonic Lost World are going make the rest of the year still very awesome for the Wii U.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
simply amazing.
they showed a lot of new stuff

the portable-piranha plant
the doubling cherries
a lot of new enemies
the shadow-only parts
the Goomba dress

the levels seems also way bigger than 3D Land, but still very platform-oriented (I love this), and the environment are different and inspired

plus I saw returning powerups as Mario Boomerang, and maybe others...

and overall it simply is gorgeous visually. have you noticed that in this level you can see the leaves floating in the air?

10039113493_ddc88426be.jpg

Ifrit

I was a little disappointed on the reveal, but this trailer looked fantastic. This is a system seller for me

Btw is dat music going to be in the game?

It's too early to say until final release, but really now - who are these people who kept doubting EAD Tokyo?? I don't get it. You knew this game was going to look amazing.

Looks seriously glorious. Can't wait to get my hands on this!

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
so much creativity. And that music...jesus christ

better than Galaxy. Calling it now

NEVER doubt EAD Tokyo

Matchew

Yep, looks amazing like always. Some of those levels looked really stunning can't wait to play this with the family.

Yeah, I wasnt sure how I felt when it first was revealed. It just looked like another 3D land, but the trailer blew me away. There is so much going on and for the first time in a long while, I'm excited for a mario game.

LCfiner

that was an excellent trailer. They showed a lot of really imaginative ideas. I’m in. I already got a Wii U so I’m just waiting for this to drop.

Anyways, my biggest complaint was that it just seemed like an improved version of 3D Land but really other than the camera perspective at times, there's really a lot of changes to this game that are awesome.

Rezbit

I was really pleasantly surprised at the new footage. At first reveal I definitely wasn't sold on it, but my interest increased when I played it. After seeing that I'm really hyped and this is definitely a purchase day dot.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Looks very interesting. Will definitely pick this up.

Vanille

Much better than the abysmal E3 showing, but it's still not really doing anything for me. The level design just looks far too reminiscent of 3D Land's scaled down approach.

Top Bottom