• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalOp

Banned
As if the evolutions weren't one of the best parts of Gen IV...

I would be more than happy with 70 new Pokémon... if it didn't count 20 or so new evolutions on the side.

I can't believe we're going two entire generations with no new evolutions besides Sylveon. Utterly depressing.

Aw, well, I guess I can still get excited about the unrevealed Mega Evolutions...

EDIT:

I absolutely agree. The roster is starting to become way too bloated. There are too many Pokémon occupying the same gameplay niches (we didn't need another weak Bug/Flying, Vivillion...) and it increases the barrier for new players. I'd rather there be a focus on quality over quantity. Evolutions are one of the best ways of going about that IMO, but I think Mega Evolutions are a very healthy alternative if given to the right monsters.

So its 70.... Im okay with it. The Pokedex is bulging and youre right. We have a good amount of overlap. Its mainly coming from certain GEN tropes, The early rodent, Early bug, Early bird. Some have been well differentiated, others are poorly cloned...

I really think Gamefreak can stop with new Pokemon. They'll add a few new ones but they should focus on removing the overlap or at least fleshing them out to be more original. I see them going back and adding alt evos and megas to previous pokemon going forward.

I love pokemon. I really do. But 715+ is a little crazy.... There is no way they will be making games from scratch and putting that many fully animated models everytime. It must be hell.

R0ckman

The Regi trio is great. They all share an aesthetic theme yet are still really different from each other. Not to mention their back story ties in well with the other legendaries (the whole theme about the creation of the earth).

The theme is NOT the point, they look like shit, even as golems. Regi Gigas is alright, but these golems are more their element and less golems. The regis would look better if they looked like a golem foremost with the elements incorporated into the design. Something like the Tales of golem enemies would be better.

R0ckman

Groundon , looks horrible.

groudon.jpg

Why the hell is flat?

I honestly thought it was fake when it was first revealed. Thats when I started getting nervous about hoenn. I was right, ended up being my most hated gen. I think ninjask was the only thing I liked from that gen.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Lucario has done that job for two gens, he can do it for a 3rd.

Ugh. Lucario is the fucking worst. He's such force-fed "LOOK AT HOW COOL THIS POKEMON IS HE'S THE COOLEST DON'T YOU THINK HE'S SO COOL" GF pandering.

UberTag

Looks like we can expect some Zygarde pics shortly.
Still hoping we know the rest of what's in the regional dexes in the next day or two.

Ugh. Lucario is the fucking worst. He's such force-fed "LOOK AT HOW COOL THIS POKEMON IS HE'S THE COOLEST DON'T YOU THINK HE'S SO COOL" GF pandering.
sweety+and+poochie.jpg

I disagree. Ever since he was revealed, Lucario's been legitimately cool. His inclusion in Smash was awesome too.

Zoroark though? That was forced, and I'm glad it failed.

So its 70.... Im okay with it. The Pokedex is bulging and youre right. We have a good amount of overlap. Its mainly coming from certain GEN tropes, The early rodent, Early bug, Early bird. Some have been well differentiated, others are poorly cloned...

I really think Gamefreak can stop with new Pokemon. They'll add a few new ones but they should focus on removing the overlap or at least fleshing them out to be more original. I see them going back and adding alt evos and megas to previous pokemon going forward.

I love pokemon. I really do. But 715+ is a little crazy.... There is no way they will be making games from scratch and putting that many fully animated models everytime. It must be hell.

My interest in the series would really wane if that happened.

yami4ct

Groundon , looks horrible.

groudon.jpg

Why the hell is flat?

Groudon is a failed experiment in making a sort of volcanic lizard. He isn't the absolute worst legendary, but he's not great.

Kyogre, on the other hand, is boss enough to make up for a crappy Grodon many times over. Rayquazza might also be one of my favorite dragon designs as well.

Village

People designed something in a video game to be cool, and for people to like it.

Stop the presses.

Everyone , this is some new illuminiti shit right here, a game designer was told to create a cool design for children/teens ect. The horror.

Its like they never did this before.

-pushes charizard in the corner-

Village

Groudon is a failed experiment in making a sort of volcanic lizard. He isn't the absolute worst legendary, but he's not great.

Kyogre, on the other hand, is boss enough to make up for a crappy Grodon many times over. Rayquazza might also be one of my favorite dragon designs as well.

Oh definitely kyogre and raquaza are waaaay better.

Espada

You just described Zoroark to a tee. Amazingly enough, he failed as a mascot and Lucario was brought back to the front. He debuted back in 2004/2005 and became popular, what GF is doing is no different than what they do for other cool and popular pokemon.

yami4ct

Looks like we can expect some Zygarde pics shortly.
Still hoping we know the rest of what's in the regional dexes in the next day or two.

I think Lucario is actually pretty cool. He's also a lot of fun to use in battle.

Zoroark, on the other hand, wasn't able to replicate that. It's not a fun pokemon to use, and even though the shapeshifting idea is cool, it's not very useful.

LOL the genie trio is so bad I completely forgot about them. People are like "well gen 5 had 2 trios." and I'm thinking to myself: "two trios? the hell these guys talking about. gen 5 that shitty deer trio thing with a pony deer as the fourth, where the hell are they getting this 2nd trio from?" though I do admit there 2nd formes do look better but thats not really saying much since they're still shitty.

AfroThunderRule

Neo Member
Let's be honest, legendaries after Gen III started sucking.

Eh, I heavily disagree. I actually prefer most of the legends after Gen 3 to those from Gen 1-2. Like the Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza trio? I love it.

Hell the only legends after Gen 3 that I dislike is the trio of Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf (though Azelf is mehish instead of bad) and Regigigas. lol

Edit: Also damn, what's with the Groudon hate. D:

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Snake type.

Not poison.

Poor poison fans... :(

I really like the design though. Legendaries this gen are pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom