• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Bomba: Wii U Deluxe Nintendoland bundle $191.77 at Sam's Club

Tripon

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...er+(Cheap+Ass+Gamer+-+Video+Game+Deals+Forum)
wJmiYVJ.jpg

Hopefully the people who claim they'll buy a Wii U at $200 get on this. =P

Update:
If you're not a member, you can either get a one day pass, which will add 10% to your purchase(CA, SC, and NY exempt from the 10% premium), or go Dec 6-8 when you don't need a pass.

Thankfully for you guys, Sam's Club is having an Open House December 6-8. No need to have a membership to use their stores on those days.

Found a one day pass. Hopefully it's not YMMV.

However, make sure you call first to see if its in stock:

As an employee of Sam's Club I'll give you guys an inside track on
this.

That Wii U bundle is an cancelled item at whatever club that pull tag was taken from. You can tell that by the "C" right beside the item number 595158. It's likely they have only one or two left in stock and the sales underperformed so bad the club decided to slash the price and get it out of there to clear up space.

As far as I know, other clubs likely won't match this price because while one item at one club is cancelled it might be active at another. So please don't go into your local Sam's Club and expect to walk out with a Wii U because (in my experience as a Member Service Supervisor) 9 times out of 10 they will not price match, even if its another Sam's Club. And yes, its bullshit, I know.

Call ahead first and see if your local Sam's Club has cancelled the item as well and save yourself the headache. The club I'm employed at doesn't even carry that bundle and cancelled the Wii U months ago.

2nd Update: Try to price match at Best Buy. You'll have a decent chance of getting it matched.

Does Best Buy match the prices of a Warehouse club?
Yes. We do match the prices of Warehouse clubs as long as the Warehouse club is a local retail competitor, has an identical immediately available product and all other price match criteria are met. We do not match the online prices of warehouse clubs if they vary from store prices.

VanWinkle

Man. And that's the superior bundle, too. (Nintendoland is a way better game to show off the Wii U graphics AND gameplay than NSMB U.)

DJ_Lae

Man. And that's the superior bundle, too. (Nintendoland is a way better game to show off the Wii U graphics AND gameplay than NSMB U.)

Nintendoland is cheap everywhere, though, where NSMBU and Luigi are worth an awful lot more.

Still, at that price it's hard to resist, much like the $189.99 Mario bundled WiiU in Canada earlier this week.

NeededSleep

:eek:

that is the price point i was willing to buy at!

Too bad i My gaming budget is already used up for this month. :(
Now if this deal comes up again around Jan ill definitely bite.

The bomba deals next year will be great. It's hard to resist 3D World though. I don't have a Sam's membership though. As much fun as Nintendolad probably is, I still would rather NSMBU or Zelda though. In that next gen console thread, Zelda looks incredible.

Darn, I don't have a membership to Sam's Club. And I don't think places like Target or Best Buy will price match this, but I guess my mileage will vary.

Madao

C'mon OP its GAF - thread of 'meh, we did say that but man if it was $150 we TOTALLY would bite. Fo' realz this time' incoming

Fake edit: or that they've unfortunately no money / not part of Sams / have a gammy leg / its raining

they wouldn't buy it even at $99.

C'mon OP its GAF - thread of 'meh, we did say that but man if it was $150 we TOTALLY would bite. Fo' realz this time' incoming

Fake edit: or that they've unfortunately no money / not part of Sams / have a gammy leg / its raining
Needs Smash and MK8 so they can accompany 3D World. Bayo 2 should also be out by then.

Uh...I think it's a pretty valid excuse. If this was on Amazon or BB I would be there in a second. There are definitely some people who will never buy Wii Us though like the people saying they are waiting for 99 bucks.

Chindogg

Yeah all those $199 posts are mostly full of shit. The truth is it doesn't matter what the console has for games, they don't care for it and no price or library will ever keep them satisfied.

Doogdogg

Call and ask if Sam Club has those 1 day non member pass.

I see it all the time for BJ's flyer they send out every month.

thefit

I don't regret being and early adopter.

jmizzal

Ok I seen a bunch of post on gaf talking about "199.99 and i'm buying a WiiU"

Time to put up or shut up, thats the deluxe bundle, put your money where your month is

MisterHero

protip: Sam's Club 1-day pass adds a 10% premium to your sale.

Nintendo should bundle Wii U and 3DSXL for $300 and destroy everything

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Ok I seen a bunch of post on gaf talking about "199.99 and i'm buying a WiiU"

Time to put up or shut up, thats the deluxe bundle, put your money where your month is

I agree, it's time to put up or shut up.

I said I would bite on the deluxe bundle at $250, so when it hit $250 I got one(and I love it), it's time for all those $199ers to stay true to their word, no excuses.

Think my mom has a membership and I'm heading home tomorrow. Assuming this isn't YMMV, can't see myself not picking this up.

Tripon

protip: Sam's Club 1-day pass adds a 10% premium to your sale.

Nintendo should bundle Wii U and 3DSXL for $300 and destroy everything

Unless you're in California, South Carolina, or one city in New York. Then Sam Club's can't charge you the extra 10%.

Edit: The 10% would put the price at $210, not including tax.

Top Bottom