• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Bomba: Wii U Deluxe Nintendoland bundle $191.77 at Sam's Club

EloquentM

aka Mannny
When I got o Costco, I need a card to do a checkout. There might be rules in place regarding other items outside alcohol when you try and checkout.

This sucks, I would totally jump on this if it was more widespread (Oregon, no Sams Club) and I hadn't already spent a truckload of money on presents (for myself and others).
Yeah I forgot about check out sorry ={

Dansk

Neo Member
Just called the few local stores where it was not marked as out of stock on the Sam's Club website. Of course, none of them actually had it and instead told me it was a 'deleted item' (which I take to mean discontinued, as already elucidated).

It seems like $200 is the magical price point for many of us, so good luck to anyone else who goes looking for it!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
They had 2 Nintendoland bundles at mine, and it rang up as $299.

Out of stock at all the stores near me... Too bad since $200 seems to be the right price. Gonna have to keep an eye out for an after Christmas sale.

I was out running around so I stopped by the local Sam's (not a member).
There was already someone helping some other guys looking for a PS4 so I asked her about the Wii-U (I didn't see anything there). She went to search the computer and came back and said they didn't have anything Wii related. I'm pretty sure she didn't know the difference between the Wii and Wii-U. I gave her the usual thanks and she started chatting me up and she had me come with her to the front desk to look it up. I told her it should be under $200 and she said she had one but it was listed as liquidated and in the store-room. She had me follow her to the cage and we looked for the box. I spied something at the very top and she opened it up, grabbed a ladder, and moved some boxes to find... the WWHD bundle. She checked and it's $299. She took my number and said if she found it she would call me.

tl;dr: nothing... yet.

How would one go about price-matching, bring a print out of the pic in the OP. They are probably going to call, correct?

JEKKI

dang... but it looks like nobody from here or CAG actually got one yet? lol.

I would try but too lazy to go right now =P

Anyone know if Sams allows return re-buys? I've posted in that CAG thread with no avail (the last page--the guy who posted a pic of a local club having the system for a whopping ~$62). I ordered the last one they had online (just waiting for it to arrive this week), and am thinking about attempting to return and rebuy the unopened system at the club in question.

Edit:
StvRBHP.jpg

oti

Banned
It was 200€ at a German online shop today and we thought it was an incredible price. But $200? Man, that's way better.

So I finally went by the store in question (30 minute drive). This is what I found:
GE0nWiN.jpg

Apparently the ~$62 one was a "system error", fuck-up or something 'cause it wasn't there. In any case, that Zelda one was the only one they had--$191.71 price-point just like the OP said. Grabbed it, but I'm a bit put off by how scuffed up and dented the damn box is (there's more than what you see in the photo)...and I'm kinda OCD about such things, so I may just end up returning it, not sure. According to the store manager, that particular system was in their possesion for a whopping 5 months. The box was dusty as fuck so I kinda believe him :lol:. The one I ordered online for $300+ is coming in tomorrow, so I'm still going to try and see if I can get a Sams Club to price match the one for 62 bucks.

So I finally went by the store in question (30 minute drive). This is what I found:
GE0nWiN.jpg

Apparently the ~$62 one was a "system error", fuck-up or something 'cause it wasn't there. In any case, that Zelda one was the only one they had--$191.71 price-point just like the OP said. Grabbed it, but I'm a bit put off by how scuffed up and dented the damn box is (there's more than what you see in the photo)...and I'm kinda OCD about such things, so I may just end up returning it, not sure. According to the store manager, that particular system was in their possesion for a whopping 5 months. The box was dusty as fuck so I kinda believe him :lol:. The one I ordered online for $300+ is coming in tomorrow, so I'm still going to try and see if I can get a Sams Club to price match the one for 62 bucks.

That's a hell of a deal seeing they are going for 350 online. The box is dinged up but the contents aren't. Who cares if the corners are damaged? The box is gonna be sitting n a closet until u sell the system or put it up. Count your blessings man, u did good.

Top Bottom