• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Bomba: Wii U Deluxe Nintendoland bundle $191.77 at Sam's Club

OG Loc

As an employee of Sam's Club I'll give you guys an inside track on this.

That Wii U bundle is an cancelled item at whatever club that pull tag was taken from. You can tell that by the "C" right beside the item number 595158. It's likely they have only one or two left in stock and the sales underperformed so bad the club decided to slash the price and get it out of there to clear up space.

As far as I know, other clubs likely won't match this price because while one item at one club is cancelled it might be active at another. So please don't go into your local Sam's Club and expect to walk out with a Wii U because (in my experience as a Member Service Supervisor) 9 times out of 10 they will not price match, even if its another Sam's Club. And yes, its bullshit, I know.

Call ahead first and see if your local Sam's Club has cancelled the item as well and save yourself the headache. The club I'm employed at doesn't even carry that bundle and cancelled the Wii U months ago.

Tripon

Thankfully for you guys, Sam's Club is having an Open House December 6-8. No need to have a membership to use their stores on those days.

Found a one day pass. Hopefully it's not YMMV.

As an employee of Sam's Club I'll give you guys an inside track on this.

That Wii U bundle is an cancelled item at whatever club that pull tag was taken from. You can tell that by the "C" right beside the item number 595158. It's likely they have only one or two left in stock and the sales underperformed so bad the club decided to slash the price and get it out of there to clear up space.

As far as I know, other clubs likely won't match this price because while one item at one club is cancelled it might be active at another. So please don't go into your local Sam's Club and expect to walk out with a Wii U because (in my experience as a Member Service Supervisor) 9 times out of 10 they will not price match, even if its another Sam's Club. And yes, its bullshit, I know.

Call ahead first and see if your local Sam's Club has cancelled the item as well and save yourself the headache. The club I'm employed at doesn't even carry that bundle and cancelled the Wii U months ago.

Thanks, I'll update the OP with this new info.

Sami+

This is roughly a hundred dollars off, right? I unfortunately don't have the money now (and plenty of other stuff to play, haha), so maybe I hope this price can be found later as well.

I don't regret being and early adopter.

I bought my Deluxe Wii U brand new for $247 (including tax) in April, so I'd say that I'm still OK with having only spent ~$38 more (including the tax I'd be charged at Sam's) to get my Wii U 8 months before this deal.

RyudBoy

Trying to think of anything other than Bayonetta 2 that I would ever want to play on Wii U.
Nope, still too expensive.

I bought my Wii Deluxe last month for 480 bucks(lol Mexico), no regrets, even if I need money to buy more games.

Trying to think of anything other than Bayonetta 2 that I would ever want to play on Wii U.
Nope, still too expensive.

190 is nothing if you're into Nintendo games, and if you want Bayonetta 2 then you should check out W101.

Neff

B-b-but Miiverse art... Hold me.

Seriously, I've had a blast this year with my now-ludicrously expensive launch Wii U. I caught up with Wii games with the benefit of HDMI, VC is awesome, and streaming movies, TV and internet to the Gamepad while in bed has been fantastic.

Oh, and those Wii U games were nice too, of course.

If you can get all that for this price, it's one of the best value purchases you'll ever make.

thefit

B-b-but Miiverse art... Hold me.

Seriously, I've had a blast this year with my now-ludicrously expensive launch Wii U. I caught up with Wii games with the benefit of HDMI, VC is awesome, and streaming movies, TV and internet to the Gamepad while in bed has been fantastic.

Oh, and those Wii U games were nice too, of course.

If you can get all that for this price, it's one of the best value purchases you'll ever make.

Yeah seriously no regrets here at all I have Mario 3D under the tree for the kids and they were too young for the wii so they have and entire library to catch up on also its our number one Netflix machine and looks great next to my PS4.

BigDug13

I'm still trying to get a store to price match my Navy Exchange flier that has Wii-U Mario bundle for $199. Target said no.

Is there a better price match store I should go with ?

Toski

I'm still trying to get a store to price match my Navy Exchange flier that has Wii-U Mario bundle for $199. Target said no.

Any store that doesn't require a membership or special conditions to enter, so Costco/Sam's Club are out as well as the NEX/AAFES

ozfunghi

Never heard of Sam's Club, but then again, i'm from the olden continent. Aren't there many stores of this chain?

Bsigg12

Walmart and Best Buy always match ads if you have the physical ad with you. It being from the Navy Exchange might make that difficult though as I'm not sure how they handle something like that (Navy Exchange versus big box store ads).

Tripon

Man. I really hope all the people on GAF who claim that $200 is their price point at least try at this.

Boss Man

Well Sam's has an open house thing going on so I got in no problem, but all they have here is the Wind Waker bundle for $299.

CR-18

Neo Member
Before you guys head to your sams club give them a call not every sams club have it for this price I called my sams club here in florida and they have it but for $299.99

C'mon OP its GAF - thread of 'meh, we did say that but man if it was $150 we TOTALLY would bite. Fo' realz this time' incoming

Fake edit: or that they've unfortunately no money / not part of Sams / have a gammy leg / its raining

It's snowing here, FYI. Still, I called the two nearest Sam's Clubs. One told me that they hadn't had Wii U's since their launch day batch, they never got another shipment, and the other had me wait on hold for quite a while (but hey, clerks can be busy), to confirm a $299 price point.

I did confirm it's an Open House this weekend, so call around, someone here (other than OP) might actually get lucky.

Like... your store doesn't carry the console at all?

One of the stores I called said the exact same thing, so it's likely.

ffdgh

Ok that's...an amazing deal. Almost makes me sad after ordering the NSMBU+L bundle from best buy for 300 bucks lol.

man yeah I was one of those $200 is my price buyers, still plan on getting one near that price when x comes out

just cant justify right now after PS4 and a ton of games for it (thanks to target B2G1)

Amazing value though def good time to jump on board if u can afford

EloquentM

aka Mannny
If you guys live in California tell them you're going to buy alcohol. They have to let you in and cannot deny you access then. The same works for Costco too apparently.

HUELEN10

If you guys live in California tell them you're going to buy alcohol. They have to let you in and cannot deny you access then. The same works for Costco too apparently.
Pardon the ignorance (I am not versed on this), but couldn't they deny checking you out still since you're not checking out booze? That, or just check out the booze if you brought booze and the console to the counter?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You aren't going to find these unless your SAMs club has these old bundles laying around. This is a pretty weak bomba.

Most don't.

When I got o Costco, I need a card to do a checkout. There might be rules in place regarding other items outside alcohol when you try and checkout.

This sucks, I would totally jump on this if it was more widespread (Oregon, no Sams Club) and I hadn't already spent a truckload of money on presents (for myself and others).

Top Bottom