• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC version of Metal Gear Rising in the final stages of development (any day now)

During the latest Kojima Productions Alert, the studio’s official podcast, the hosts answered a question by a fan, asking for an update to clear up the rumors about the PC version of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

The Kojima Productions staff members confirmed the game has not been canceled, in fact it’s coming ‘sooner than you might imagine.’ “It’s in the final stages right now.” host Sean Eyestone revealed. “You’ll be seeing it pop up on Steam any day now.”

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=10848

BY2K

Membero Americo
F57n93q.gif

I hope 'Any day now' doesn't mean the same thing as 'soon'...cause I've been waiting for this day for months now :|. I was beginning to think that Ground Zeroes would be released before this was released lol.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Please. Now. I need it.

Don't we usually have a sneak peak at Steam registry so we know what games are coming? If it were really coming any day now, would we be able to find out?

Finally! I've been wanting to play this all year. By the time I was free enough to play it, the PC version got announced and I've been waiting ever since. I've listened to the soundtrack sooo much, I'm guessing this or Mario 3D World will be by GOTY.

Levito

Banned
Watch them release it with no marketing whatsoever then complain that no one bought it on PC and blame it on piracy.

Orayn

I will buy it at a high price and tweet a picture of my invoice to Platinum Games to show my appreciation.

denx

AWESOME.

Now get working on those Bayonetta and Vanquish PC ports.

A PC port takes about 3 months of effort from a good developer. How can Konami be that bad?

They had to assemble their PC port team from scratch it seems. Add to that the overall inexperience of japanese devs in working on PC versions of their games and it isn't surprising it would take them this long to have the PC port ready.

Orayn

A PC port takes about 3 months of effort from a good developer. How can Konami be that bad?

Platinum are doing the port themselves, and they're probably taking a long time because they've got other irons in the fire and they've never used their current engine for a PC release before.

Dizzy-4U

Can't wait to S-Rank the
Monsoon
fight in revengeance again. That fight took me foreeeever. I love this game so goddamn much I'm not even mad that I'll have to do everything all over again.

I'm not even going to wait for a discount on this. Full price on Steam. I actually don't know if I've ever done that before :p

Grief.exe

They set up an internal studio for PC ports. Took a while to get it set up and the infrastructure in place.

Cross your fingers they took the time to make an amazing port.

For point of reference it took the better part of a year to patch out GFWL from Arkham and Bioshock.

Top Bottom