• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC version of Metal Gear Rising in the final stages of development (any day now)

I hope this does fantastic enough to convince Platinum/Sega to port their other games to PC as well. I would kill to have Vanquish in 60 fps.

Dizzy-4U

I'm not even going to wait for a discount on this. Full price on Steam. I actually don't know if I've ever done that before :p
TujzrGL.gif

Steam sale? The fuck is that?

RE_Player

Loved it on PS3. Will try out on PC eventually. Even though I have a gamepad I wonder how mouse and keyboard will work for this.

Fantasmo

They set up an internal studio for PC ports. Took a while to get it set up and the infrastructure in place.

Cross your fingers they took the time to make an amazing port.

For point of reference it took the better part of a year to patch out GFWL from Arkham and Bioshock.

Patching out GWFL was probably one guy once a month for a year for two hours on Saturday mornings after a hangover.

Mercury Steam or QLOC probably could have done it in a couple months. I'm sure it's going to be good but they better charge Castlevania price ($30) since it took them a freaking year.

A good PC port would be wonderful, but at the very least I hope it isn't limited to 60FPS. A Platinum game running at 144FPS would be a dream come true.

Teknoman

Loved it on PS3. Will try out on PC eventually. Even though I have a gamepad I wonder how mouse and keyboard will work for this.

I guess it could work? I'm rolling with gamepad though.

The PC version should have all DLC right?

A good PC port would be wonderful, but at the very least I hope it isn't limited to 60FPS. A Platinum game running at 144FPS would be a dream come true.

What would be the difference post 60 anyway? I know there is the old argument about how some people cant tell 30 to 60 (which is nuts) but is there really a noticeable difference between 60 fps and anything over that?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This actually isn't true.

That guy joking about KojiPro moving on to MGSV PC ports afterwards might not be so far off the money.

I didn't take this as KojiPro handling the port, instead Platinum, but I could be wrong. Figured it was Platinum because it Rising runs on their engine, and they've spoken about looking into PC development. But so has KojiPro, who we know are exploring PC development, so maybe it is them.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It'll probably have Steamworks, but I can't imagine them going for anything beyond that.

PES 2014 disc version got SecuROM and Steam release got a regional restriction. so yeah Konami can still screw this up.

I didn't take this as KojiPro handling the port, instead Platinum, but I could be wrong. Figured it was Platinum because it Rising runs on their engine, and they've spoken about looking into PC development. But so has KojiPro, who we know are exploring PC development, so maybe it is them.

it's by PG. he cleared that in other post in that thread.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

He clarified later in the thread Platinum is porting it.

PG is porting it? All these silly Nintendo games getting in the way. That could be the only reason for this slow crawl to the finish line... ... right? Guise?

What would be the difference post 60 anyway? I know there is the old argument about how some people cant tell 30 to 60 (which is nuts) but is there really a noticeable difference between 60 fps and anything over that?

Oh, totally. The higher you go the less you can tell the difference, as you might imagine, but there's a huge difference between 60 and 120ish. It actually makes 60 feel a bit choppy when you go back to it. It looks beautiful and feels great, too. You notice it immediately when you start wiggling your mouse cursor around on the screen, and games just feel amazing. I actually play noticeably better at a higher framerate, too. It's the best PC gaming purchase I've ever made (or it would be if I hadn't bought one right before G-Sync was announced :p).

When my fw900 died and I was forced to make the move to LCD, I thought something was wrong with my computer, 60 fps was just so choppy.

Momentary

Banned
They set up an internal studio for PC ports. Took a while to get it set up and the infrastructure in place.

Cross your fingers they took the time to make an amazing port.

For point of reference it took the better part of a year to patch out GFWL from Arkham and Bioshock.

OH man! If they got something permanent setup that means there's a chance for VANQUISH!

Banned

Soon was said June 7th, 2013. It took us 6 months to get this update. So the formula for soon is:

6x where x = months.

We can expect MGR:R on Steam June 13th, 2014 with a locked internal resolution of 720p60 and no high resolution textures.

:p

RedSwirl

I just hope we don't end up with another Dark Souls or Deadly Premonition again and end up having to call Durante.

Top Bottom