• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC version of Metal Gear Rising in the final stages of development (any day now)

tumblr_mih6qd7y971qlwjbu2r.jpg

denx

So let me get this straight: Platinum set up an internal team to handle the MGR PC port (and hopefully ports of their other games). Meanwhile, Konami has also set up an studio which, among other functions, will handle PC ports of their games. Is that right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sooo... They (Konami) set up a studio for PC ports? Does this mean MGSV for PC?

Grief believes so but I can't seem to find anything to confirm as much. As for MSGV, Kojima hasn't ruled it out, but I think Konami will be looking to see how Rising's belated port is received before deciding what to do on that front.

DukeBobby

Can't wait for this.

I played the PS3 version recently, but the woefully inconsistent framerate (60fps, my ass) hampered my enjoyment. I need to play this the way it was intended.

Oh, and throw in the soundtrack too. I'll cough up a little extra for it.

I'm so happy to hear it. The way they've handled this has been strange, but I'll welcome them with open arms as long as the final product isn't terrible. This can only mean good things for the future. Here's to Konami and Platinum finding success on PC.

Why is the idea of a release date for a PC game so foreign to some of these companies? "Yeah, it'll be on Steam real soon! You'll be able to tell it's out from the lack of marketing we'll have to support the release!"

RedSwirl

Do we even definitively know who's doing the port. From the KojiPro podcasts it seems KojiPro has a lot of westerners working in it, so I don't know if Japanese ignorance of PC gaming standards will be an issue this time around. If Platinum is doing the port in house then...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kamiya had nothing to do with that

Neither did Kojima.

And the closest you'll get to that on PC is Binary Domain, I guess...

I still need to finish the Bladewolf trophies (beating it in under an hour on Revengence and no hits on Bladewolf) so I'm 100% on PS3... I guess I should get on that...

I must get this game again. Already beat it on the PS3 and I'm now playing NGS+ on my VITA... but if this comes out within a few weeks, I'm getting it again and playing at real 1080p. This is the only game that can beat out Ninja Gaiden with it's playability.

Miker

I don't have my hopes up, given the last "soon" was back in June. But the second it appears on Steam, if it's reasonably priced (I'd say $40 w/ DLC included by this time), I'll buy it, no questions asked.

Nags

Banned
Niiice. I will buy this again for the right price.
MGR along with Killer is Dead are my favorite character action games this past year.

biocat

The PS3 version is already filling bargain bins all over Tokyo. Kind of late and probably going to go for at least $30.

GooeyHeat

Alright, so what's the difference between "soon" and "any day now"?
Also, if we're asking for PC ports of Platinum games that Sega published, then fuck all y'all, give us Anarchy Reigns first. If there's any place where obscure online multiplayer games can survive for a long-ass time, it's PC.

GOTTA GET THE CASH, GOTTA GET THE DOUGH

Jawmuncher

Alright, so what's the difference between "soon" and "any day now"?
Also, if we're asking for PC ports of Platinum games that Sega published, then fuck all y'all, give us Anarchy Reigns first. If there's any place where obscure online multiplayer games can survive for a long-ass time, it's PC.

GOTTA GET THE CASH, GOTTA GET THE DOUGH

That's definitely a good point that I never even thought of.
Man it sure was be great for Platinum games to hit steam. Would be the start of the movement for more Japanese Developed games on the service.

Grief believes so but I can't seem to find anything to confirm as much. As for MSGV, Kojima hasn't ruled it out, but I think Konami will be looking to see how Rising's belated port is received before deciding what to do on that front.

I hope not. Rising on PC is going to bomb unless it's priced decently.

Top Bottom