Bonus Weapon:

Maverick AR & Sniper Rifle

Extinction:

Episode 1: Nightfall

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/01/...ck-for-ghosts/
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(01-11-2014, 04:25 AM)
Has there ever been a modern Call of Duty game DLC pack that didn't have its contents "leaked" by a GameSpot poster/insert/advertisement?
Alienous
(01-11-2014, 04:26 AM)
There was a time where the Call of Duty DLC, at the very least, showed new ideas.

That time is no longer. It just seems cookie cutter now.
GON.
(01-11-2014, 04:27 AM)

Originally Posted by EatChildren

Has there ever been a modern Call of Duty game DLC pack that didn't have its contents "leaked" by a GameSpot poster/insert/advertisement?

Heh, now that you mention it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506042

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531225
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(01-11-2014, 04:27 AM)
Those all look pretty cool, as far as you can tell from those tiny images.

I'm happy to be getting a new weapon(s?) and another extinction map too.
reptilescorpio
(01-11-2014, 04:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Alienous

There was a time where the Call of Duty DLC, at the very least, showed new ideas.

How so?

I've never played COD online so I'm interested in the non-map pack stuff they used to do.
Graffgor
(01-11-2014, 04:28 AM)
Wonder what AR and sniper means?

Is it the same weapon but two different styles in each category?
SmoothRunningGun
(01-11-2014, 07:04 AM)
I hope the maps are small.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(01-11-2014, 07:08 AM)
What does it mean by Episode 1 of Extinction? Isn't that already in the game?
illmatic22
(01-11-2014, 07:09 AM)

Originally Posted by RoboPlato

What does it mean by Episode 1 of Extinction? Isn't that already in the game?

It is, but the mission is point of contact. Nightfall is new.
Sub_Level
(01-11-2014, 07:14 AM)

There were some really interesting Black Ops 2 DLC maps.

Grind

Pod

Magma

Last edited by Sub_Level; 01-11-2014 at 07:29 AM.
TheSinkingKnight
(01-11-2014, 07:17 AM)
I'd buy the extinction map for like $3.99 or something, but that'll never happen.
illmatic22
(01-11-2014, 07:21 AM)

Originally Posted by TheSinkingKnight

I'd buy the extinction map for like $3.99 or something, but that'll never happen.

Yeah, I enjoy Zombies and now extinction, but they would never sell the maps individually
OverHeat
(01-11-2014, 07:24 AM)
For how long on xbox first?
BruiserBear
Banned
(01-11-2014, 07:26 AM)

Really? Because I've bought a lot of COD DLC over the past 6 years and I don't recall new ideas, just new maps.

I think your post is a cookie cutter COD complaint from people who don't really enjoy these games, and that's ok, but that doesn't mean you need to manufacture reasons why it's now shitty.
Last edited by BruiserBear; 01-11-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Deadbeat
(01-11-2014, 07:32 AM)

Yeah thats when Treyarch's cod is out. Its not out right now so thats why the DLC looks uninspired.
BinaryPork2737
The image for Extinction literally looks like a closeup of a Xenomorph that cuts off its long head.
Joco
Have weapons been included in past COD DLC's? I thought Black Ops 2 might have had some DLC weapons but I'm not sure because I barely touched the game after the first week I played it. In any case it seems like this could cause an unfair advantage if these can be used in multiplayer and if they perform significantly better than the weapons already in the game.
BruiserBear
Banned
(01-11-2014, 07:34 AM)

Originally Posted by OverHeat

For how long on xbox first?

It's a month.

Originally Posted by Joco

Have weapons been included in past COD DLC's? I thought Black Ops 2 might have had some DLC weapons but I'm not sure because I barely touched the game after the first week I played it. In any case it seems like this could cause an unfair advantage if these can be used in multiplayer and if they perform significantly better than the weapons already in the game.

BLOPS 2 was the first COD with weapon DLC. I believe it was only one gun. It appears going forward weapon DLC will be a regular thing.
Jiggaloboy
(01-11-2014, 07:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Joco

BLOPS 2 had just the Peacekeeper smg.
Sub_Level
(01-11-2014, 07:36 AM)

Originally Posted by BinaryPork2737

The image for Extinction literally looks like a closeup of a Xenomorph that cuts off its long head.

Heh, I've never played it myself but Extinction mode probably does the whole marines vs aliens thing better than Colonial Marines.
Chezzymann
(01-11-2014, 07:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Sub_Level

Grind

Pod

Magma

Woah, those are awesome!
DaNcaKe
(01-11-2014, 07:39 AM)
The peacekeeper that was BO2 DLC was an AR+SMG hybrid so I'm assuming this new gun will be the same.

Hopefully the maps are to a better standard than the ones that shipped, although I'm not holding my breath.
TheSinkingKnight
(01-11-2014, 07:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Deadbeat

Yeah thats when Treyarch's cod is out. Its not out right now so thats why the DLC looks uninspired.

Well, a lot of the same developers make the DLC maps across all COD titles. Yes, Treyarch make maps, but Raven as well as Certain Affinity have made maps for Treyarch games and even IW-Joint developments. Now, they probably have High Moon Studios and Neversoft cranking out some maps.
Mechanized
(01-11-2014, 07:52 AM)
Yay! New maps, and most important, a new gun! Finally something to make the game feel new again. But I have to wait longer because I'm on PS3. Lame.
The Dear Leader
(01-11-2014, 08:00 AM)
They have long since given up trying to come up with cool names for their maps, looking forward to the map called "Map".
Deadbeat
(01-11-2014, 08:01 AM)

Originally Posted by TheSinkingKnight

Well, a lot of the same developers make the DLC maps across all COD titles. Yes, Treyarch make maps, but Raven as well as Certain Affinity have made maps for Treyarch games and even IW-Joint developments. Now, they probably have High Moon Studios and Neversoft cranking out some maps.

Well they must be putting all their effort into every other release because blops 1 and 2 DLC is far superior to MW3 DLC and so far what we have seen of ghosts.
Big Jeffrey
(01-11-2014, 08:05 AM)
the fate of neversoft make skateboard call of duty maps.
Toski
(01-11-2014, 08:06 AM)

Grind

I stopped paying attention to BLOPS2 when they had the whole Nuketown tomfoolery, but this map seems like a cry for help from Neversoft.
DR3AM
Banned
(01-11-2014, 08:07 AM)
1/28 for elite and 2 weeks later for regular people like me? or is it just 1 week later
TheSinkingKnight
(01-11-2014, 08:09 AM)

Originally Posted by DR3AM

1/28 for elite and 2 weeks later for regular people like me? or is it just 1 week later

I think season pass owners get the content the same time as people buying individual map packs. This doesn't work like Battlefield DLC does (I did buy the BOPS II DLC and it came out for everyone at the same time).
BruiserBear
Banned
(01-11-2014, 08:10 AM)

Originally Posted by DR3AM

I thought that gave up completely on that Elite bullshit.
TheSinkingKnight
(01-11-2014, 08:11 AM)

Originally Posted by BruiserBear

I thought that gave up completely on that Elite bullshit.

Yeah, they don't have that. Just a standard season pass.
brickarts295
(01-11-2014, 08:37 AM)
They're still doing the BS Xbox time exclusive, how long was this deal suppose to last?
henhowc
(01-11-2014, 08:38 AM)

Originally Posted by brickarts295

They're still doing the BS Xbox time exclusive, how long was this deal suppose to last?

as long as ms keeps forking over the dough.
Odrion
The reasons were sound.
(01-11-2014, 08:39 AM)

Grind

Pod

Magma

Black Ops 1 also had really good DLC maps.

Maybe it's because Treyarch is the superior COD company, I dunno!
Alienous
(01-11-2014, 05:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Deadbeat

Yeah, I guess that's it.

I suppose now that there are season passes they have to fall into the 4 maps + 1 zombie/Extinction map + an extra (such as a gun).

Whereas Treyarch almost had the Zombie maps on a whim, or a collection of them, with different amounts of maps.
kazebyaka
Banned
(01-11-2014, 05:32 PM)
It sucks that nobody will play them on pc these days. People stopped playing in Freefall map two weeks after it's release.
sirseanconnery
Banned
(01-11-2014, 05:37 PM)

Originally Posted by kazebyaka

It sucks that nobody will play them on pc these days. People stopped playing in Freefall map two weeks after it's release.

Maybe if the port wasn't a colossal pile of shit more people would. I got news for you my friend, the CoD ship has sailed away from PC long ago.
PSYGN
(01-11-2014, 05:42 PM)
I hope these maps are medium sized. The current Ghosts maps feels like they were made for Ground War... and they removed Ground War, go figure.
gogogow
(01-11-2014, 05:42 PM)

Originally Posted by The Dear Leader

They have long since given up trying to come up with cool names for their maps, looking forward to the map called "Map".

You might want to look at the map names from all the way back to the first COD for PC. The names were always short and "unoriginal".
Pjsprojects
(01-11-2014, 05:49 PM)
Hope this gets released on all formats.
Live Free or Die
(01-11-2014, 05:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Graffgor

Wonder what AR and sniper means?

Is it the same weapon but two different styles in each category?

I think AR means assault rifle.
HigherLevel
(01-11-2014, 05:51 PM)
How can people even comment on the quality of the maps just from seeing a picture of a Gamestop promotional image?
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(01-11-2014, 07:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Pjsprojects

Hope this gets released on all formats.

Did the WiiU ever get the Black Ops II maps?
GON.
(01-11-2014, 07:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

Did the WiiU ever get the Black Ops II maps?

Nope

I don't think there's any final word on Ghosts DLC, but...Wouldn't hold my breath.
ShinUltramanJ
(01-11-2014, 10:19 PM)
Almost tempted to get the maps in hope of salvaging Ghosts if they're well done.
Creaking
(01-11-2014, 10:26 PM)
I'm feeling more inclined to get the Black Ops 2 season pass at this point. I like Extinction more than Zombies, but both are very much secondary modes to me. Multiplayer is where most of my time goes, and I just can't get into it with Ghosts.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(01-11-2014, 10:27 PM)
So, 2/28 for non Xbox systems? Damn this sucks being on the wrong side of the money hat.
Big_Al
(01-11-2014, 10:27 PM)
I really wish you could buy that Extinction map separately, zero interest in the rest of it.