• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Destiny DLC Plans leak. Major addon "Comet: Plague of Darkness" coming sep. 15

What was includes die to player feedback?

The story delivery is better and an entirely new NPC guides you through it (rather than more Dinklebot). The mission delivery also includes quest chains rather than just hubs and finishing the chains rewards the player directly the first time it's done.

...filthy casual addicts that still play this lousy excuse of a game. Shame on anyone who support this kind of business

So I'm a filthy casual addict, who should be ashamed of himself because I like getting together with my buddies to shoot the shit while playing Destiny.

Thanks, for a minute there I thought I'd been playing games my whole life. Good to know I'm just a dirtbag scumsucking filthy casual.

You're a real pleasant sort.

So are you saying that no one can talk about a game negatively ever again?

That's not talking about the game, that's name calling and shaming of the people who enjoy it.

Orayn

Oh god why more missions in earth, I guess we will finally see the closed doors on the cosmodrome and the other closed bunker.

And there is no cabal DLC? poor dudes i wanted to fully explore their ship

They're obviously sparing the Cabal because they're becoming a player race in Destiny 2.
BELIEVE.

KingV

The story delivery is better and an entirely new NPC guides you through it (rather than more Dinklebot). The mission delivery also includes quest chains rather than just hubs and finishing the chains rewards the player directly the first time it's done.

I'm guessing our dinkledays are over because dinkle VA is probably expensive. There might be a few slots where cut lines work in the DLC, but the new NPC is probably at least partially because there were not Dinkle-Lines recorded that fit the needs of the design already.

I'm guessing our dinkledays are over because dinkle VA is probably expensive. There might be a few slots where cut lines work in the DLC, but the new NPC is probably at least partially because there were not Dinkle-Lines recorded that fit the needs of the design already.

That suggests that the content included in TDB wasn't cut from the main game though. Otherwise, Dinklage would've already recorded them. As you've said though, if there was indeed a story overhaul there may be some canned dialogue they can still use later in some form but TDB seems to have quite a bit of reactionary influence to it.

Vespene

Bungie I don’t mind... Microtransactions and all
That don’t make you a ho

Go make that money, money, money
Your money, money, money

Cause I know how it is, go and handle your biz
And get that money, money, money
Your money, money, money

That suggests that the content included in TDB wasn't cut from the main game though. Otherwise, Dinklage would've already recorded them. As you've said though, if there was indeed a story overhaul there may be some canned dialogue they can still use later in some form but TDB seems to have quite a bit of reactionary influence to it.

Oh shit, that's totally true!

MEGA DEBUNK.

Didnd you have to pay the voice actor for the new lines even if was recorded for later use?

Maybe they had the ingame content done but since the ghost/new npc is voice only they could use the VA again for audio sessions later

Didnd you have to pay the voice actor for the new lines even if was recorded for later use?

Maybe they had the ingame content done but since the ghost/new npc is voice only they could use the VA again for audio sessions later

I have absolutely no clue how payment is done for VA (flat payment for services, points on sales, etc..) but I can't imagine having to pay any actor extra for work they've already done that wasn't used in one area but then used in another (think standard cut vs directors cut).

As for your second comment, I'm unclear on what exactly you're suggesting. Can you clarify it a bit?

I don't see how the story was better in any way. It was literally just a bounty handler giving you bounties. Not a single cutscene, recycled areas, just pick up a bounty, go do it, and get an ambiguous one liner from Eris when you turn it in. The DLC had an even shallower story then the original game.

And there is one quest chain, and it is the most boring thing I ever did in Destiny. Its just a series of fetch quests. And the reward you get is just a shittier version of the raid gauntlets.

That's not talking about the game, that's name calling and shaming of the people who enjoy it.

Nobody is naming and shaming people who enjoy the game in this thread. Unless I missed anything. There was a previous thread where someone said they enjoyed the game, and people who did try to shame him got banned for it.

Even if they put the Grimore card data into the game itself by copying Metroid's scanning for lore by using Ghost to scan for lore it would have gone a long way in improving the atmosphere of the game.

X1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Do it Bungie!!!! I refuse to use my Surface tablet (which doesn't have an official app, but a real version of IE) to augment my Destiny immersion. I want that done IN GAME.

Anyway...I'll still buy every Destiny expansion (even though I've been stuck at level 20 for like 2 months).

I don't see how the story was better in any way. It was literally just a bounty handler giving you bounties. Not a single cutscene, recycled areas, just pick up a bounty, go do it, and get an ambiguous one liner from Eris when you turn it in. The DLC had an even shallower story then the original game.

And there is one quest chain, and it is the most boring thing I ever did in Destiny. Its just a series of fetch quests. And the reward you get is just a shittier version of the raid gauntlets.

The original mission format is a mission briefing at the loading screen and then once in the mission, dialogue from Dinklebot telling you what's happening at the moment. Then once the mission ends, some dialogue about reporting back.

The newer mission format is Eris giving a mission briefing at the loading screen and then giving more backstory and context as you progress through the mission in addition to narrating new objectives. As I said, it's improved, though still not at a level that most people want.

There is a bounty chain and a quest chain. Your opinion of it isn't relevant to my post.

Nobody is naming and shaming people who enjoy the game in this thread. Unless I missed anything. There was a previous thread where someone said they enjoyed the game, and people who did try to shame him got banned for it.

This is the exact quote that the person you responded to was responding to:

Exactly. Its disgusting how they took out content from the main game before release and putting it as DLC like a bunch of crumbs for the filthy casual addicts that still play this lousy excuse of a game. Shame on anyone who support this kind of business, no matter how much you love the game. I hope this franchise dies along with Bungie, they sold their fanbase for the money.

Just don't think it's necessary to go there.

This is the exact quote that the person you responded to was responding to:

Just don't think it's necessary to go there.

That is quite a disgusting attitude. If he gets that emotional....

He didn't name anyone directly, though. Shaming, yeah, but it's really just a blanket statement with no real substance.

R0ckman

Something to take into consideration as well here is that we are not the average consumer. Right now on PSN only 15% of Destiny players have completed any raid. Only 20% of players have equipped themselves in all Legendary gear.

Ehh... How many of those players are still relevant enough to count in the statistics though?

le.phat

i wonder how far-reaching sony's exclusive exotics/strikes go... I mean, if they keep adding exclusive content then there will be a pretty big content deficit come fall.

ryuken-d

Still no new planets? Can they just start working in Destiny 2 now?

I was wrong when I used to say that there would not be a destiny 2 but I've been thinking and I don't think there should be until the next Gen comes. why would I want to ditch my guardian. I mean Bungies whole sale for this game was to create a legend. whatever.

no mercury sucks man. btw I stopped playing right before the first DLC. I was so addicted I mean every day running raids and patrols and whatever and I haven't played in what seems like months and I almost played it a few times, I did play the first lvl on the dlc and was like what!? a reverse repeat lvl and it was short as shit. but I don't know maybe I'll go back. it sucks cause people will be like oh there's a lvl30 guy so what. haha
at least I'll be able to get my lvl26 and lvl27 characters to 30 easily.

As for your second comment, I'm unclear on what exactly you're suggesting. Can you clarify it a bit?

I mean maybe Bungie already had the Raids done (raid mechanics and raid main core gameplay) so they didnt required Dinklage work to do extra dialogues for the DLC to save money. then hire new VA's for the final touchs of the DLC before release.

I found it lazy how Bungie only let out his "guardian is down" line in the entire DLC content. There is no explanation how Eris is talking to you via Ghost, probably to not waste money in Dinklage VA.

I mean maybe Bungie already had the Raids done (raid mechanics and raid main core gameplay) so they didnt required Dinklage work to do extra dialogues for the DLC to save money. then hire new VA's for the final touchs of the DLC before release.

I found it lazy how Bungie only let out his "guardian is down" line in the entire DLC content. There is no explanation how Eris is talking to you via Ghost, probably to not waste money in Dinklage VA.

The Raids don't have anything to do with Dinklage though. Even VoG has zero Dinklage. So I'm not sure what it would have to do with anything. And as I said before, I can't imagine they'd have to pay Dinklage more money to use VA he's already recorded. The job was essentially done. It shouldn't matter how much they use or where they use it. It's not like he has a copyright on his dialogue that they wrote.

I was wrong when I used to say that there would not be a destiny 2 but I've been thinking and I don't think there should be until the next Gen comes. why would I want to ditch my guardian. I mean Bungies whole sale for this game was to create a legend. whatever.

They've strongly suggested you'll be able to transfer your character in to Destiny 2.

How about a little more effort on customization? Don't want to rely on RNG and the shop vendor to get a some specific armor shader for my guardian.
Also give us shaders for our ships, cruisers and ghosts, come on at least unique ones from the factions that we can buy off from.
New voices for your ghost can be neat, titan fall had customizable voices for your titans. Just the small things guys

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Exactly. Its disgusting how they took out content from the main game before release and putting it as DLC like a bunch of crumbs for the filthy casual addicts that still play this lousy excuse of a game. Shame on anyone who support this kind of business, no matter how much you love the game. I hope this franchise dies along with Bungie, they sold their fanbase for the money.

This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation.

Didn't see this posted yet, but this is from Eric Osborne at Bungie:

LHbtevC

Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/urkmcgurk/status/554801277981298688

Could just be damage control, but it seems more likely that the roadmap may have changed a bit since the original leak date back in October.

KingV

It certainly sounds super plausible, I wouldnt be surprised if the changes to the roadmap are really superficial.

Just like the beta was only a small fraction of the full game, etc.

BokehKing

Banned
How about a little more effort on customization? Don't want to rely on RNG and the shop vendor to get a some specific armor shader for my guardian.
Also give us shaders for our ships, cruisers and ghosts, come on at least unique ones from the factions that we can buy off from.
New voices for your ghost can be neat, titan fall had customizable voices for your titans. Just the small things guys
????

So hire new voice actors for story missions the majority of the user base have not played in 150 to 400 hours?

I was on PlanetDestiny and it has leaked House of Wolves data (gear, missions, strikes, raids, bounties). If its to be believed, my joke about the Queen's Wraith is true: rather than being reworked to come back for free like Iron Banner, it is instead being reworked as the bounty/mission delivery structure in HoW.

I was on PlanetDestiny and it has leaked House of Wolves data (gear, missions, strikes, raids, bounties). If its to be believed, my joke about the Queen's Wraith is true: rather than being reworked to come back for free like Iron Banner, it is instead being reworked as the bounty/mission delivery structure in HoW.

well that would be much smarter anyway since the old event was undercooked.

XAL

Basically, there is no need to grab all the raid set for TDB because you will just be able to buy level 33 vendor gear when HOW comes out...and there will be no need to grab the HOW raid gear because when Plague comes out....and Forge of th....

Top Bottom