• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Destiny DLC Plans leak. Major addon "Comet: Plague of Darkness" coming sep. 15

Can you hit 31 without the dlc. I thought it was required.

I'm actually not sure. Can you buy the gear with the "1" icon over it? If not, then the only hope that non-DLC players have is VoG stuff and engrams.

Vendor gear doesn't require the DLC and it doesn't require any materials from Nightfalls, Weeklies, or Dailies. It doesn't require bounties either. Players can get the Rep, Marks, and Commendations required to buy the vendor gear without doing any of that content. The materials required can be earned without that content as well, since it still uses Ascendant materials.

You only need the DLC to hit 32.

Geneijin

Vendor gear doesn't require the DLC and it doesn't require any materials from Nightfalls, Weeklies, or Dailies. It doesn't require bounties either. Players can get the Rep, Marks, and Commendations required to buy the vendor gear without doing any of that content. The materials required can be earned without that content as well, since it still uses Ascendant materials.

You only need the DLC to hit 32.
Where can you acquire Ascendant materials consistently for 28 and below?

Ghazi

Where can you acquire Ascendant materials consistently for 28 and below?
Daily mission on level 26 difficulty, public event rewards and and daily pub event package reward, and Normal mode Vault of Glass.

All of these are doable at 25/26 (aside from the pub event)

Daily mission on level 26 difficulty, public event rewards and and daily pub event package reward, and Normal mode Vault of Glass.

All of these as well as from breaking down the vast majority of Legendary gear including Vanguard and Crucible/Faction gear.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Unless the Daily is Warmind or Wakening, in which case, you can just wait until the next day.

I know everyone on GAF has three characters, and some people are deleting characters so they can keep doing the raid over and over again, but you look at the average person who has one character and just see how much his progress is gated by the game. You can't deny that it's much slower now than it is for someone who was playing the game pre-DLC.

Unless the Daily is Warmind or Wakening, in which case, you can just wait until the next day.

I know everyone on GAF has three characters, and some people are deleting characters so they can keep doing the raid over and over again, but you look at the average person who has one character and just see how much his progress is gated by the game. You can't deny that it's much slower now than it is for someone who was playing the game pre-DLC.

I have two characters. My Hunter main (who is 31) and a Titan alt who is level 9 (and will remain so until I need to level him and a Warlock for Guardian Lord). In the last 4 weeks I've done the Nightfall and Weekly exactly twice. I don't do Eris bounties daily, nor do I do most of the PvE bounties. I haven't grouped with any Gaffers and my own Clan, while still active, no longer coordinates for organized groups as often (schedules have settled down since new game fever has worn off).

I hit 31 about a week after release with zero Raid gear and zero DLC exotics. Got the guantlets from the quest line, helm from an RNG engram drop, upgraded Lucky Raspberry chest, and boots from a vendor.

My experience isn't what everyone has had but I wouldn't say that hardcore time investment is necessary or that progress to Level 31 specifically is much slower at all than someone who has the DLC. The only thing that could really be said to be slower is Rep gain from missing a Nightfall. Mark acquisition is nearly the same and it's capped regardless.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have two characters. My Hunter main (who is 31) and a Titan alt who is level 9 (and will remain so until I need to level him and a Warlock for Guardian Lord). In the last 4 weeks I've done the Nightfall and Weekly exactly twice. I don't do Eris bounties daily, nor do I do most of the PvE bounties. I haven't grouped with any Gaffers and my own Clan, while still active, no longer coordinates for organized groups as often (schedules have settled down since new game fever has worn off).

I hit 31 about a week after release with zero Raid gear and zero DLC exotics. Got the guantlets from the quest line, helm from an RNG engram drop, upgraded Lucky Raspberry chest, and boots from a vendor.

My experience isn't what everyone has had but I wouldn't say that hardcore time investment is necessary or that progress to Level 31 specifically is much slower at all than someone who has the DLC. The only thing that could really be said to be slower is Rep gain from missing a Nightfall. Mark acquisition is nearly the same and it's capped regardless.
Did you have a stock of Shards though? When the DLC dropped, I had about 300 Shards so that upgrading my new armor was not a problem. Assuming the vendor gear is like the new Crota gear, you need 84 shards to max out four pieces of 31 gear. It's not going to take forever to get that many, but it's still slower now than if you started before the DLC launched. And that gets worse as more DLC is out and fewer and fewer dailies are pulled from the original missions. At some point, the game is probably unplayable unless you have DLC. Although by that point, they probably want you to buy Destiny 2.

Did you have a stock of Shards though? When the DLC dropped, I had about 300 Shards so that upgrading my new armor was not a problem. Assuming the vendor gear is like the new Crota gear, you need 84 shards to max out four pieces of 31 gear. It's not going to take forever to get that many, but it's still slower now than if you started before the DLC launched. And that gets worse as more DLC is out and fewer and fewer dailies are pulled from the original missions. At some point, the game is probably unplayable unless you have DLC. Although by that point, they probably want you to buy Destiny 2.

I did not have a stack of shards. My playtime curtailed in the weeks leading up to The Dark Below. I was Level 29 until the last IB before the expansion, where I played just enough to get the IB Gauntlets the monday before the event ended. Hit 30, then shortly after that The Dark Below released.

Missing the weeklies and the daily mission really doesn't set a players progress back considerably. There's a possibility of that happening a number of DLC's from now IF those activities rotate ALL the DLC rather than just the newest but we don't know if that will happen yet. I mean when House of Wolves comes out, they could easily rotate between that and base game missions if they choose. Which honestly would be better since many people will be buying each of these DLC's piecemeal.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm assuming they're going to incentivize getting as many of the DLCs as possible.

It would be a hilarious kick in the nads if the weekly schedule becomes 2 dailies from HoW, 2 dailies from TDB, and of the four nightfalls per month, at least 2 are DLC only (since they repeated Omnigul so quickly, there's no reason to suspect otherwise).

The problem with the idea that they're going to "incentivize" the DLC by forcing out the base game is that it would splinter the player base in a major way. Standard MMO's with F2P with Optional Sub do this but they also have a more central playerbase to begin with.

Destiny is splintered between 4 consoles from jump. This will splinter even more so with each subsequent DLC release if they keep the content from every release in rotation for things like Weeklies as well as for Crucible playlists. I don't think they can afford to do that so I would hope they wouldn't try to force that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The problem with the idea that they're going to "incentivize" the DLC by forcing out the base game is that it would splinter the player base in a major way. Standard MMO's with F2P with Optional Sub do this but they also have a more central playerbase to begin with.

Destiny is splintered between 4 consoles from jump. This will splinter even more so with each subsequent DLC release if they keep the content from every release in rotation for things like Weeklies as well as for Crucible playlists. I don't think they can afford to do that so I would hope they wouldn't try to force that.
I assume they plan on rotating the new DLC maps into the crucible playlists soon, so that will happen eventually. The DLC is also how Bungie can make money off of people buying the game used, since they don't get anything for supporting those players with events.

I assume they plan on rotating the new DLC maps into the crucible playlists soon, so that will happen eventually. The DLC is also how Bungie can make money off of people buying the game used, since they don't get anything for supporting those players with events.

I'm not certain they will rotate that DLC into regular playlists. Crucible focused players would then have even less reason to buy DLC in that case. As for used game buyers.. DLC sales are great but they get a population boon from them that's more important in the long run than monetizing on these early DLC's. Ultimately the goal is to hook them so they buy, certainly but I think that's what the goal is for the Comet entries.

I'm not certain they will rotate that DLC into regular playlists. Crucible focused players would then have even less reason to buy DLC in that case. As for used game buyers.. DLC sales are great but they get a population boon from them that's more important in the long run than monetizing on these early DLC's. Ultimately the goal is to hook them so they buy, certainly but I think that's what the goal is for the Comet entries.

I think they've actually confirmed that the TDB maps will eventually be included in regular rotation. How that works for people who don't have it, I'm not sure yet (kick them to orbit I guess?).

EDIT: I'm trying to find the quote to confirm. I might have misread a different quote about how the TDB maps now have a Control playlist as of Dec 23rd.

StUnNeR H2K

Of course it's going to seem repetitive if you literally repeat exactly the same strike 3 times in a row and then exactly the same raid 3 times in a row.

Mix it up, and only play when there's a chance for meaningful progression. Play something else if there isn't much to do. I think the trap people fall into with these MMO-styled games is that they expect the endgame to provide as many hours of engagement as the leveling process. But mostly due to raid lockouts, there's just not a lot to do at times.

Bungie needs to do a better job of keeping VoG relevant. Maybe turn off the loot lockout so people can farm it if they want to.

That's not really the repetitive part I was referring too. When we have a game that is supposed to be similar to Borderlands, but has less story content/missions than any one Borderlands game alone is pathetic. Not to mention the stories in the Borderlands games are better or more fleshed out IMO. (No I'm not considering Grimoire cards since you have to go to the app or b.net to read them)

I don't consider this a MMO since the world isn't really big enough, and it lacks a lot of MMO features. Though I do feel that Bungie was trying to create a new hybrid MMO.

Being able to accomplish everything in just a few hours in the night is what is sad currently. The new raid can be done in less than 45 min easy, and even faster if you decide to cheese the whole thing. The hardest content actually in the game can be the Nightfall strike or weekly heroic depending on what variables are applied. Had they not thrown everybody free get to level 30 vanguard gear with the DLC then VoG would still be useful, and I would not be opposed to helping friends or others run VoG to become ready to run the new raid. This would increase the play space and increase the social aspect.

I love the gameplay though, as I've said before. I think the reason many people are so passionate about their displeasure with Destiny is due to what we received versus the expectations. If it's not going to cost me a great amount more to expand that world then I'm okay with that, but at $15 a pop for a few story missions/multiplayer maps and a strike + raid it's going to take a while for it grow to the size I personally expected my original $60 to include.

Also how about a random story mission playlist? Similar to the strike playlist with varying degree of difficulties. Have it offer glimmer or resources as reward with a small chance for an engram or something... The strikes become old, and even with the lack of content we have way more story missions than strikes and the two are very similar minus the boss encounters, which are basically just big punching bags.

When we have a game that is supposed to be similar to Borderlands, but has less story content/missions than any one Borderlands game alone is pathetic. Not to mention the stories in the Borderlands games are better or more fleshed out IMO. (No I'm not considering Grimoire cards since you have to go to the app or b.net to read them)
So you made up a rule in your head and then got mad when Bungie broke that rule?

w00zey

I really enjoyed Destiny despite most of the complaints on here up until about 2 weeks ago. The minute to minute action was a blast. Especially the coop stuff. I got one toon to 31 and the other two are at 30. I defeated crota once and did the new missions. I was really holding out hope that the first DLC pack was just in planning for so long and that is why it wasn't very many missions.

I don't even care like others that the settings haven't changed. I thought the 3 new missions were decent enough and although you might have started in familiar areas you ended up in new locals. I was really hoping they would just release a handful of missions for free then have subsequent packs with 10 missions. Seeing that they are just going to do the same size DLC pack in between a single year release as large as the original pretty much took all the wind out of my sails (especially at 20 dollars). I will play the second dlc pack since I got the guardian edition (which I don't regret I put so many hours already in to the game that I got more than my monies worth) but after seeing the new missions I will probably stop again.

On the plus side my non-destiny time has resulted in beating a couple games.

Of course it's going to seem repetitive if you literally repeat exactly the same strike 3 times in a row and then exactly the same raid 3 times in a row.

Mix it up, and only play when there's a chance for meaningful progression. Play something else if there isn't much to do. I think the trap people fall into with these MMO-styled games is that they expect the endgame to provide as many hours of engagement as the leveling process. But mostly due to raid lockouts, there's just not a lot to do at times.

Bungie needs to do a better job of keeping VoG relevant. Maybe turn off the loot lockout so people can farm it if they want to.

The issue isn't doing the same thing over and over, that's just an MMO aspect we have to accept, but the issue is that the most optimal way to get gear right now is to make 2/3 like characters(3 titans/Hunters/Locks) and swap gear between them.

That's a major difference between Destiny and any other like-game.

StUnNeR H2K

So you made up a rule in your head and then got mad when Bungie broke that rule?

I don't see anywhere that I said I was mad, and Borderlands is just a reference to a similar game. I'm not enraged over the problem(s) just disappointed in how the game was advertised and the end result.

border

The issue isn't doing the same thing over and over, that's just an MMO aspect we have to accept, but the issue is that the most optimal way to get gear right now is to make 2/3 like characters(3 titans/Hunters/Locks) and swap gear between them.

Unless they completely turn off Raid/Nightfall loot lockout, this is always going to be the fastest way to progress. The strategy would have worked best in vanilla Destiny as well, though it wasn't until recently that I started hearing about it getting widely employed.

My point was more that instead grinding your ass so hard against these games, just play what's available on a daily basis. It's not like an MMO where you feel this obligation to play so you can justify paying a monthly fee.....it doesn't cost you anything to put it down. Running 3 nearly identical characters is a huge recipe for massive burnout at some point. It very much reminds me of WoW where people would intentionally blast through content and then immediately start demanding more.

Instead of trivializing the entertainment value and valuableness of the Vanguard Strike Playlist, look at what activities can be done in Destiny and then tell me if it's trivial to remove one of the very few things you can do in Destiny that's best chances at rewards are limited to being weekly occurrences. That's a huge lull between each reset week after week, and there remains only one new raid to help placate that lull. There's not enough to do in Destiny, and Bungie is giving more reason for players not to continue playing Destiny because there's less to do instead of more to do. One extra raid isn't a whole lot especially when hard mode is locked out.

Not having the Vanguard Roc playlist does not represent a hindrance to progression though. Tying yourself up in a 30 minute strike for a random engram is a hindrance to progression in and of itself.

At Level 25-27, you should be focused on earning marks through daily story, Crucible, and public events (which reward Ascendant materials much more reliably than Strike Playlists give you Legendaries). Get Vanguard/Crucible gear, level it up with daily bounties - rinse and repeat. Grab Ascendant materials from daily, public events, or VoG if you got a group. It's not hard to spend at least a few hours a day on this stuff, particularly if you end up with a couple Assassination bounties like today. People without TDB can still do Eris missions that apply to them as well, correct?

How much time does someone at that level need to sink into the game? And ultimately what are their goals? It seems hard for me to imagine someone that deep into endgame making the kind of time commitments we're talking about not just throwing down to buy Dark Below. It seems to me like you're concerned about what the casual player's experience is, but you're assuming that he will adopt a hardcore style of play when the more likely outcome is that he's just jumping into the game 3-4 times a week and not hitting the progression wall that people burning through several hours everyday are seeing.

That's a major difference between Destiny and any other like-game.

Every other game with the same systems with which to get gear doesn't allow you to swap gear the way Destiny does, so multiples of the same class to get gear faster literally doesn't work. In that sense Destiny allows the player more effeciency as they can actually circumvent lockouts for more loot rolls per week than any other game with these systems.

And let's be clear that Destiny's design is not to make players do that. Players are doing that of their own accord to circumvent lockouts. Just like players cheese or exploit the Raids and Strikes of their own accord. Players can gear just fine using the systems as intended. They just want to get their faster... well.... because.

The real question is... how much extra will the Playstation versions get from each of these DLC packages? Anyone know when that exclusivity deal ends?

Unless they completely turn off Raid/Nightfall loot lockout, this is always going to be the fastest way to progress. The strategy would have worked best in vanilla Destiny as well, though it wasn't until recently that I started hearing about it getting widely employed.

My point was more that instead grinding your ass so hard against these games, just play what's available on a daily basis. It's not like an MMO where you feel this obligation to play so you can justify paying a monthly fee.....it doesn't cost you anything to put it down. Running 3 nearly identical characters is a huge recipe for massive burnout at some point. It very much reminds me of WoW where people would intentionally blast through content and then immediately start demanding more.

Every other game with the same systems with which to get gear doesn't allow you to swap gear the way Destiny does, so multiples of the same class to get gear faster literally doesn't work. In that sense Destiny allows the player more effeciency as they can actually circumvent lockouts for more loot rolls per week than any other game with these systems.

And let's be clear that Destiny's design is not to make players do that. Players are doing that of their own accord to circumvent lockouts. Just like players cheese or exploit the Raids and Strikes of their own accord. Players can gear just fine using the systems as intended. They just want to get their faster... well.... because.

Yeah, people circumvent the lockouts doing this. It's definitely not designed to support this. But why do players do this? Because otherwise getting gear is far too slow. Hell, I'm sure you've heard stories in the OT of people running VoG for 6 weeks and never getting that one drop, or people still running it to get Mythoclast.

Its an indication of the issue of how Bungie has handled gear. The 3 slots are obviously meant for each class; Bungie wanted you to try out every class. But people are deciding to say screw it and just make the same class over and over again, so they can get more chances at gear. Hell, I did the same with my Titan just so I can get more gear/coins. is it a widespread problem? Probably not, but alot of people in the OT from my time I've spent there had multiple characters for gearing up easier.

Yeah, people circumvent the lockouts doing this. It's definitely not designed to support this. But why do players do this? Because otherwise getting gear is far too slow. Hell, I'm sure you've heard stories in the OT of people running VoG for 6 weeks and never getting that one drop, or people still running it to get Mythoclast.

Its an indication of the issue of how Bungie has handled gear. The 3 slots are obviously meant for each class; Bungie wanted you to try out every class. But people are deciding to say screw it and just make the same class over and over again, so they can get more chances at gear. Hell, I did the same with my Titan just so I can get more gear/coins. is it a widespread problem? Probably not, but alot of people in the OT from my time I've spent there had multiple characters for gearing up easier.

Players wanting things faster is not at all an indication of things taking too long. It speaks to human psychology. Given a choice of two paths leading to the same place the majority of people will choose the shortest path. It doesn't matter if the difference is 10 miles or 10 feet.

These people aren't just choosing the shorter path though. They're so focused on getting what they want, they're putting out more overall effort(leveling extra characters 1-20) for extra rolls. Some even go as far as deleting an extra and releveling it to get yet ANOTHER roll. This is not due to slow rate of acquisition but due to impatience on the part of the player.

border

Yeah, people circumvent the lockouts doing this. It's definitely not designed to support this. But why do players do this? Because otherwise getting gear is far too slow.

It's not necessarily "too slow", it's just impatient people with too much time on their hands. Someone I think in this thread said he had an entire raid set and all the raid weapons and I was like "Really? After only 4 raids?" Then he of course said he was running 3 characters. Getting an entire set plus all the weapons over the course of 12 raids doesn't really seem terrible to me though.

They could implement a token system for loot, but people running multiple characters would only abuse that as well. People will do anything they can to gear up faster.

To be fair, the loot of Crota's End is a little better than VoG. I have 3 different characters (one of each class) and 3 weeks were enough to get the gear to put all 3 characters at level 32.

Geneijin

Not having the Vanguard Roc playlist does not represent a hindrance to progression though. Tying yourself up in a 30 minute strike for a random engram is a hindrance to progression in and of itself.
Again, you're misunderstanding my entire point. It's not about progression. It's about having less things to do in Destiny. You're conflating my argument with a separate issue and addressing it as though they were one and the same, and they are not the same thing. I'm talking about how there are less reasons to continue playing Destiny, and all you're doing is devaluing the worth of Vanguard Strike Playlist, so you could justify the exclusion of less content for non-TDB DLC owners.

At Level 25-27, you should be focused on earning marks through daily story, Crucible, and public events (which reward Ascendant materials much more reliably than Strike Playlists give you Legendaries). Get Vanguard/Crucible gear, level it up with daily bounties - rinse and repeat. Grab Ascendant materials from daily, public events, or VoG if you got a group. It's not hard to spend at least a few hours a day on this stuff, particularly if you end up with a couple Assassination bounties like today. People without TDB can still do Eris missions that apply to them as well, correct?
Actually, the Vanguard Tiger level 24 strike playlist is still the most reliable way to get Vanguard marks with levels 25-27. You're guaranteed 6 marks for each completion in the Vanguard Tiger strike playlist, and with how damage scaling works in this game, you're more likely to overpower things because rare weapons now have 294 potential damage when maxed with a 276 base starting damage more or less. Rare weapons are also much easier and faster to level than legendary weapons. But again, this is another argument entirely. I'm talking about diminished rewards and disincentives to continue playing the game. You're ignoring my point entirely by conflating it with complaints on progression in this game. Where have I misconstrued my argument that this was a complaint of mine instead of presenting how barebone the reward system is in Destiny?

How much time does someone at that level need to sink into the game? And ultimately what are their goals? It seems hard for me to imagine someone that deep into endgame making the kind of time commitments we're talking about not just throwing down to buy Dark Below.
That's because that person will more likely drop the game than spend additional money on the TDB DLC. You're extrapolating we're even talking about the same time commitments, and where have I given any quantification where you can postulate that? Again, we're talking about entirely different things, and you're misunderstanding my argument completely. We haven't even specifically talked about which levels specifically are more affected by the exclusion of TDB, yet we're talking about progression?

It seems to me like you're concerned about what the casual player's experience is, but you're assuming that he will adopt a hardcore style of play when the more likely outcome is that he's just jumping into the game 3-4 times a week and not hitting the progression wall that people burning through several hours everyday are seeing.
Where have I said that? Again, don't conflate my argument with progression gates in this game. I'm talking about activities to do in Destiny, and how removing rewards in this game is equivalent to removing content in this game, which someone like Deku Tree disagrees because he doesn't consider it content. However, why is the new Vanguard ROC strike playlist considered new content for TDB DLC owners when it features the same rewards as the old Vanguard Tiger strike playlist but with the new DLC maps?

What would you consider an acceptable amount?

Before Destiny Bungie was charging roughly $10 for multiplayer only maps.

So if you think about take away $10 and the 3 maps we would be used to, we're paying $7.50 for 1 raid, 4 missions, 2 strikes, and new armor/weapons.

How does that not seem fair?

That seems perfectly acceptable to me.
I don't think its fair the amount of content that was in Destiny to begin with.

When you consider the cost of the first expansion pack being $20 (1/3 of a $60 dollar game), you'd think you'd get some bang for your buck but you only get 4 missions, 2 strikes, and 1 raid which I can assume all can be beaten shortly. If you love or enjoy Destiny, then it'd seem fair because you would be getting more Destiny, but I just feel Bungie is ripping off their fans. Expansion should have cost $10

BokehKing

Banned
I don't think its fair the amount of content that was in Destiny to begin with.

When you consider the cost of the first expansion pack being $20 (1/3 of a $60 dollar game), you'd think you'd get some bang for your buck but you only get 4 missions, 2 strikes, and 1 raid which I can assume all can be beaten shortly. If you love or enjoy Destiny, then it'd seem fair because you would be getting more Destiny, but I just feel Bungie is ripping off their fans. Expansion should have cost $10
You act like you beat it once and that's it
People that play it, beat it weekly (both raids) on 3 different characters

To an outside that sounds dumb
But that's the type of game it is

border

Again, you're misunderstanding my entire point. It's not about progression. It's about having less things to do in Destiny. You're conflating my argument with a separate issue and addressing it as though they were one and the same, and they are not the same thing. I'm talking about how there are less reasons to continue playing Destiny, and all you're doing is devaluing the worth of Vanguard Strike Playlist, so you could justify the exclusion of less content for non-TDB DLC owners.

If the only merit of the Tiger Strike playlist you wish to consider is that it is a "thing to do", then I don't see how you can say there are less things to do. Tiger Strike continues to exist.

The "exclusion of less content" is one less random engram, but ultimately TDB benefits even the people that don't buy it. They still have access to a ton of stuff that vanilla owners never got during the first 3 months (Eris quests, 33 Light gear, more public events, easier to run VoG hard since everyone is over-leveled for it).

In mid twenties farming public events works for Vanguard marks works way better than running strike playlists because they actually have a chance to reward Ascendant mats, they don't take 20-30 minutes, and people don't AFK/sleepwalk their way through them.

PooBone

So they expect you to buy 5 expansions over the course of two years and the new locations they're adding are The Reef and a Hive ship?

No.

So they expect you to buy 5 expansions over the course of two years and the new locations they're adding are The Reef and a Hive ship?

No.

Exactly. Its disgusting how they took out content from the main game before release and putting it as DLC like a bunch of crumbs for the filthy casual addicts that still play this lousy excuse of a game. Shame on anyone who support this kind of business, no matter how much you love the game. I hope this franchise dies along with Bungie, they sold their fanbase for the money.

BONDO

Exactly. Its disgusting how they took out content from the main game before release and putting it as DLC like a bunch of crumbs for the filthy casual addicts that still play this lousy excuse of a game. Shame on anyone who support this kind of business, no matter how much you love the game. I hope this franchise dies along with Bungie, they sold their fanbase for the money.

Ok, got it! So why are you here bitching about this game? go play something else and leave these threads for people that enjoy the game?

There is zero evidence to suggest that they "took out content." That there was geometry for playspace does not represent removed content.

So are you saying that no one can talk about a game negatively ever again?

There have been multiple threads where people have aired their grievances. However when the same handful of people keep airing the same grievances in every thread, it does get a bit excessive.

rav

I bought the Guardian edition on PS4, and I enjoyed the newer content in the DLC, but I'm still sad I bought the Guardian edition.

I have played VoG, but got to the end when our group (friends from work mostly) were all but one 25, and one was 26. We really couldn't take down the final boss with the dmg loss. We didn't know that at the time, and we kind of burned ourselves out of playing the game.

I'd like to finish VoG, and maybe check out the new raid (now that I have 3 lvl26+ characters, all 3 classes.) but beyond getting the hunter maxed out achievement, seeing the new raid and completing the old raid, there isn't anything compelling for me to continue playing. I doubt I'll pick up comet. or Destiny 2.

Edit: I really hate how much the dmg loss changes the difficulty. It's too arbitrary imo, and I don't like that being 1 level below something makes it exponentially harder. while levelling up the first time, I liked more of the challenge, but later at end game, it makes things nearly impossible to complete, and it isn't that well explained to the players.

There is zero evidence to suggest that they "took out content." That there was geometry for playspace does not represent removed content.

There have been multiple threads where people have aired their grievances. However when the same handful of people keep airing the same grievances in every thread, it does get a bit excessive.

I wouldn't say that. There's very obvious evidence that the game changed significantly during development. The geometry you talk about, Seraphim vault, also could have easily been cut to use as dlc. Although that's somewhat speculative. It is a fact that the seraphim vault was fully detailed and existed during the alpha though.

BONDO

So are you saying that no one can talk about a game negatively ever again?

Not at all, but its literally the same shit everyday. Its funny and stupid at the same time
Its crazy people hate the game soooo much they keep wanting to talk about it. Dunno about you, but if i really dislike a game..i tend to move on...

I wouldn't say that. There's very obvious evidence that the game changed significantly during development. The geometry you talk about, Seraphim vault, also could have easily been cut to use as dlc. Although that's somewhat speculative. It is a fact that the seraphim vault was fully detailed and existed during the alpha though.

Changed significantly doesn't necessitate content removed specifically for DLC use. And it seems to me that the geometry existing but being closed off doesn't mean much other than they had programmers build out the total areas on the planet, rather than trying to attach it later. The PvE content in Destiny isn't separated in as many chunks as it would be in a typical campaign. Each planet functions as a sandbox with vertical levels as well horizontal space. That's why nearly every area is reachable while in patrol even when those areas are only populated when you're going into a strike or mission. But having that physical space doesn't mean they have the encounter design or specific mission parameters planned, completed, and tested yet.

rav

Not at all, but its literally the same shit everyday. Its funny and stupid at the same time
Its crazy people hate the game soooo much they keep wanting to talk about it. Dunno about you, but if i really dislike a game..i tend to move on...

I think part of it is that there was so much we all really wanted to like the game. I still prefer it to borderlands (I figured that out earlier today that it's the scifi setting vs the western setting on that argument for me personally.)
Going into Destiny, I expected more of an epic Halo type story. While the gunplay was on par with what I expected, the story was entirely lacking.
There are large chunks of things I really enjoyed about Destiny, I personally am a bit bitter about how little story there is in the game and that's where most of my disappointment with the game comes from. I like it so much that I would like to see them fix it, but I don't believe it will ever be fixed. (I think that's why people talk about it so much.)

I think part of it is that there was so much we all really wanted to like the game. I still prefer it to borderlands (I figured that out earlier today that it's the scifi setting vs the western setting on that argument for me personally.)
Going into Destiny, I expected more of an epic Halo type story. While the gunplay was on par with what I expected, the story was entirely lacking.
There are large chunks of things I really enjoyed about Destiny, I personally am a bit bitter about how little story there is in the game and that's where most of my disappointment with the game comes from. I like it so much that I would like to see them fix it, but I don't believe it will ever be fixed. (I think that's why people talk about it so much.)

It's worth noting that the story telling in The Dark Below missions has improved (but it's still not where I think most people want it) so they're making strides. Time constraints on getting the DLC out might be a hindrance in making a big overhaul though. Comet would be the soonest I'd expect something really differently done, so for someone like you, I'd suggest wait and see the reception once that releases.

diaspora

Even if they put the Grimore card data into the game itself by copying Metroid's scanning for lore by using Ghost to scan for lore it would have gone a long way in improving the atmosphere of the game.

Changed significantly doesn't necessitate content removed specifically for DLC use. And it seems to me that the geometry existing but being closed off doesn't mean much other than they had programmers build out the total areas on the planet, rather than trying to attach it later. The PvE content in Destiny isn't separated in as many chunks as it would be in a typical campaign. Each planet functions as a sandbox with vertical levels as well horizontal space. That's why nearly every area is reachable while in patrol even when those areas are only populated when you're going into a strike or mission. But having that physical space doesn't mean they have the encounter design or specific mission parameters planned, completed, and tested yet.

Like I said, it's speculative. All we have are the facts. It very likely could have been cut. That doesn't mean it was. People are going to believe what they want to.

Like I said, it's speculative. All we have are the facts. It very likely could have been cut. That doesn't mean it was. People are going to believe what they want to.

That's entirely my point. There's nothing substantial to suggest that "cut for use in DLC" is true. So people need to stop acting as if that's a proven fact when it isn't. Everytime it's brought up it screams of someone who was disappointed for whatever reason (legitimate or not) looking for a more substantial reason to knock Bungie.

It's ok to dislike something simply because you dislike it. You don't have to manufacture slights to justify it.

I think it was a lot more likely a lot of the content was intended for release, but couldn't be finished in the time frame. But that happens all the time in game development and isn't an inherently sinister thing. We already know a lot of stuff in TDB was included because of player feedback so it's not like it was sitting there finished on a Bungie hard drive on vanilla release day.

bachikarn

I think it was a lot more likely a lot of the content was intended for release, but couldn't be finished in the time frame. But that happens all the time in game development and isn't an inherently sinister thing. We already know a lot of stuff in TDB was included because of player feedback so it's not like it was sitting there finished on a Bungie hard drive on vanilla release day.

What was includes die to player feedback?

Oh god why more missions in earth, I guess we will finally see the closed doors on the cosmodrome and the other closed bunker.

And there is no cabal DLC? poor dudes i wanted to fully explore their ship

Top Bottom